Sound Pound.

Activating Feelings

"Sir, the South KDZ has sent a notification of intrusion from the North. 7 deaths were reported and 4 severely injured guards have been checked into the infirmary for immediate intensive care. Survivors said that it was a phantom-like person with long hair and pale skin. It has also been reported that Shim Jaeyang has disappeared," an officer reported to the general of the North KDZ.

The general interlaced his fingers and placed his hands on the big mahogany table that Jaeyang had stood in front of a mere 4 hours ago. He thought of what she could have been planning and honestly couldn't come up with anything, seeing how she was always loyal to the country. Thus, he instructed the reporting officer to gather a handful of soldiers to search Shim Jaeyang's house thoroughly.

They found the computers and laptops that Jaeyang left behind but all the computers' data had been destroyed. The pin boards that were once full with target pictures, were empty and the sight of the utterly destroyed training dummies were alarming. Soldiers were actually hoping that Jaeyang had really disappeared because the last time there was a false alarm, a bunch of soldiers were brutally killed.

When there was clearly no sign of Jaeyang, it was reported to the officer to be passed on to the NKDZ general.

"There was no trace or clue left behind but it was said that the runaway had been shot multiple times so she couldn't have gotten too far on foot," the officer reported. "the probability of the runaway being Jaeyang is high, as nobody would have been able to pass the KDZ."

The general nodded in understanding and asked for Myungsoo to be called in.

The door in front of him opened, Myungsoo bowed before walking in and standing before the man that most thought was intimidating. Most meaning all but the two assassins. When the man began to speak and explain what was going on, Myungsoo had already put one and one together, knowing that his mission was to assassinate Jaeyang.

"You will depart immediately," the general instructed.

"Very well, sir," Myungsoo bowed and left the room to collect a few necessary supplies.

He was taken from the North to the South and was left off at the exit of the KDZ. The South Korean Government was nervous, knowing that two highly trained North Korean assassins were amidst them, but they had to trust that the second would take down the first and return to the North peacefully.

He searched the long grass knowing that any injured fugitive would head there for cover. He walked along and as he neared the town he saw a large patch of dried blood and footprints. Following the bloody footprints, he was lead to the stream and he looked around noticing the fresh blood under the tree by the stream.

He bent down to touch the blood, being sure that it was very fresh, like it had just escaped a person's flesh. Then he lifted his head to look up above him, searching for any sign of life. As he looked up at the tree, seeing the end of a bandage hanging from it, he looked for a certain someone. Although he couldn't really see, he knew she was there, just watching him. He sighed before he began to walk away, heading towards the nearby town. He climbed up the side of the first building he saw and waited for Jaeyang to enter town.

When she came into view he hid but he knew she could sense his presence although she didn't know exactly where he was. She caught quite a lot of attention with the clothes she was wearing and the town people, who lived near the KDZ long enough, went into their respective homes, knowing she wasn't just a normal girl. Myungsoo stayed in his spot until she reached the other end of town, then he began to run across the rooftops. Nobody would believe it was possible to run so fast yet so silently. His sprint was perfectly silent, until he kicked a pebble which made a noise that Jaeyang was sure to catch.

She turned to look back but he had already ran past her. His full attention was directed at her and he didn't realize that he had reached the end of town, which meant no more rooftops to run across, so down he went. His feet landed on the ground with the an almost inaudible thud but no sound can escape Jaeyang's ears.

"You're not that good for an assassin," she said as she took a few steps back. He tried his best not to move because it would surely make a sound. He held his breath when she was standing right in front of him and he could see her hand moving a little but he couldn't make out what she was doing. His brows furrowed and at that moment, she pulled out a dagger and held it to his throat, "maybe you should quit."

She began to move her face closer to his as she provoked him, with only a microscopic gap left between their masked faces. She pressed the blade against the pale skin on his neck, making sure that if he were to move even the slightest bit, it would slit his throat. Her eyes looked into his like they were searching his and he couldn't help but think about how emotionless her eyes were yet they were so easy to read.

She pulled her dagger back and ran off in to an alley way, leaving Myungsoo thinking, why didn't she kill me when she had the chance?

 

 


[a/n]

I know I pretty much just repeated the previous chapter but I hope I did okay in elaborating Myungsoo's side of the story.
I always write from a third person perspective so I don't get messed up with the P.O.Vs but it kinda decreases the amount of elaborating I can do.
Actually maybe you can elaborate more but I'm just not that skilled at writing yet. Haha.

Anyway, please drop a comment with some feedback or advice. Thanks :D

By the way, if there are any mistakes, please let me know because I do not proof read.