Chapter Eight

Something About December

Chen had just finished jogging with Lay and Kai when they arrived at the dorm with Luhan and his wife getting frantic about the twins dress. Both of them were dressed formally. Luhan is wearing a black suit while Joo In is wearing a white long gown with sleeves. The twins were wearing the same, but Janine’s dress is colored pink.

 

“Where are you going?” Chen asked. Andy smiled at him, “To Seorin Noona’s wedding. Aren’t you coming?”

Chen looked at the couple then to the others who avoided his eyes. Luhan hurried off the twins out as Joo In waved goodbye at them. When they are gone, he eyed the remaining ten boys who were all at the living room.

 

“What’s that wedding Andy is talking about?” he started. No one answered him.

“Is that how are things now? You would not get an answer when you ask someone?”

Still, no one dared to answer him. They just looked down.

“Chen, I am sorry. I was the one who actually gave the idea of not giving you the invitation,” Tao started.

“I even had an invitation? And none of you said a word about it?” his voice rised up a notch.

“We just don’t want you get broken hearted.” –Lay

“And keeping it from me is the best thing?” –Chen

“Chen, we know how you feel, but it would hurt you more if you would get to know that she is getting married today.” –Kai

“That’s why you invited me for a jog so Luhan and Joo In can escape? Don’t tell me you know what I feel. It’s not like you are the one who got left behind! It’s not like you are the one who got broken hearted. It’s not you guys who is with her that night so don’t speak of things like you know what I feel! That’s bull!” he yelled.

None of them was able to reply as he went outside, slamming the door with him.

 

Once outside, he felt the impact of the pain of the news. ‘She would get married? But why leave? Is she just playing with my feelings?’ he thought as he finally breaks down. As he is mourning his heart out, he noticed a hem of a long dress stop in front of him.

“Joo In-na, I would not go to her wedding. I might be upset that you did not inform me about it but don’t ruin the twins’ anticipation,” he said without looking up.

“Who’s getting married?” a familiar voice asked.

He looked up and saw Seorin clad in a wedding dress standing in front of him which pulled him up on his feet.

 

“What are you doing here? You should be at the church right now!” he panicked which made her chuckle.

“The man I thought would be my husband made a deal with me that we would both flee. He can’t just get married with me no matter how our parents want since he is ready to go and fight for his loved one, so here I am. Ready to fight with me till the end?” she asked. He just enclosed her in hug, tight enough to express how much he missed her. “Saranghae Oppa,” she whispered as a tear slid down her face.

 

Just then, the Exo M’s van stopped in front of them. Luhan and his family moved out. They then stopped when they saw the bride and Chen by the highway.

“Jongdae Appa! You are Unnie’s groom?” Janine asked.

The two parted and smiled at Janine, “Ne, he will be my groom,” Seorin smiled.

“I really thought someone kidnapped you, but when I received your text I was so relieved. You went here with your scooter?” Joo In asked.

Seorin smiled and pointed over her pink scooter parked just near the gate. They all laughed at the ridiculous situation.

 

While the twins are interrogating Seorin, she suddenly felt her world turn followed by complete darkness.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Chen was startled to see her fall and faint but saved her from touching the ground. Her lips turned pale as Joo In felt her pulse drop down faster. Luhan helped him carry her on the car as the twins and Joo In gets inside. They rushed her to the hospital where the boys were admitted when Luke’s men beat them up. The doctors there and other staff kept to their promise and helped Luhan and Chen cover as Joo In follows the stretcher where Seorin lies.

 

Once inside the emergency room, Chen and Luhan stayed on the attending doctor’s office so that no patient or other people would saw them. Joo In went inside after a while followed by another doctor.

“I am Seorin’s attending physician. From the results we had, we need to admit her immediately. Her doctor is on the way to get to her. Looks like she had been suffering lately,” he said at the confused guys.

“Doctor, what do you mean?” Chen asked. What the doctor replied made him fall back to his chair again.