Chapter Five

Something About December

The following nights proved to be more meaningful for both of them, although they tried to hide it. They would always hang out during the night as if it’s the time the world had made for the two of them.

 

One time, while they are strolling down the pathway, he slowly reached to hold her hand. Seorin whipped her head to look at him, but he just smiled and gave her hand a light squeeze. A smile made its way to her lips as she returns the squeeze. Contentment and pure bliss filled their hearts that night that the words they should speak had been expressed through that gesture.

 

“So you are the one slipping those letters on my grocery bags?” he looked at her as they sat by the bench near the river.

“Ne, I’m sorry if it bothers you,” she shyly replied.

“Aniyo, it’s quite interesting to know that someone like you would do such thought, but you can just call me or send me a message. You don’t have to go through writing and slipping it whenever I shop on the mart.”

She looked at him, “Are you telling me to exchange numbers with you?”

He gave a nod, pulling his phone from his pocket. They exchanged digits and even took pictures for the contact details.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The following week, the boys had a light schedule so as Joo In. They took the opportunity to go out at night and watch a movie on the cinema with just the fifteen of them. The cinema house was completely vacant so they had the chance to enjoy the big screen like their doing it at home.

 

“Appa,” Janine tugged on Luhan’s sleeve in the midst of the show.

“Ne?” He looked at his daughter.

“I want something to drink,” she whispered.

“Arasseo, do you want strawberry juice?” he asked.

She shook her head, “I want milk shake.”

He smiled down at his daughter and stood up to buy her a drink. Chen followed him.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan asked when they got out.

“I have to tend to something, I’ll go ahead. Just tell them that I got home first,” he waved and didn’t even wait for Luhan’s reply.

 

When Luhan came back, Suho asked him, “Where’s Jongdae?”

“He went home first. Looks like he has to tend to something,” he replied and sat beside Janine before handing her the drink. The twins were seated between their parents.

“Is he hiding something from us?” Suho asked Luhan again.

“I don’t know, maybe yes maybe no?” he shrugged getting back to the movie.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Seorin stood by her scooter, looking down at her feet. It has been fifteen minutes past their usual meeting time. Somehow it scared her. Different thoughts started to cloud her mind as she tries to think of possible reason why he is late.

 

Just then, a pair of arms wrapped itself around her waist, startling her.

“Mianhe, I am late,” Chen whispered.

“It’s okay. Where are you from?” she whispered back, letting her arms rest atop his.

“I had to take a fifteen minute ride to get in here. The boys decided to watch at the cinema house. I have to get here earlier,”
 he replied.

“But you guys barely had time to be together, you could have texted me that you can’t come.”

“But you are more important,” he replied back, pouting.

The blush on her face made him chuckle when he parted.

“You are so cute when you blush, do you know that?” he cupped her face.

 

She tried to calm her heart beating wildly when he took her hand again as they started to just walk around the block. With all those gestures, looks like both of them are already taken for each other. No words are needed to express that both belong together, just the sincere gestures and smiles are enough to express the mutual feeling between them.

 

“I think it’s time you get to know my Exo family personally, how is that?” he asked as they had finally made their way back to her scooter.

“But I know each of them, no need to personally introduce them to me,” she shook her head.

He held her hands once again, setting her heat in a fast pace again.

“I know but I just want them to know who you are and what you are to me, plus we have a little surprise for you,” he smiled.

“Surprise for me?” her eyes widened at his statements.

“Ne, so you don’t have any reasons to avoid it. Tomorrow, you don’t have your shift so I will meet you here by ten then we will go and meet the members at the dorm,” he gave her an assuring smile that somehow made her relax.