Chapter Two

Something About December

Jongdae Oppa,

 

Annyeong! I hope you are doing fine while reading this letter. Actually, I have no idea how to approach you or such. Whenever I attend those fan signings, I always end up either getting late or getting on wrong locations. I really, really like you that I have to resort to this last option.

I have collected every postcard of yours, I signed up on every fan clubs for you, but I never get the chance to see you up close or get quite near you.

I really, really hope to greet you in person. Please do always take care of yourself and always keep up the good work.

Exo will never be Exo without you!

Saranghae Oppa! Fighting!

 

Everyone eyed Chen after reading the letter.

“There’s no signature written. How would we know who is she?” Suho said after they cleared and squats on the floor.

“Yeah, we cannot just guess since there are probably a million fans that will do that for you,” Kris agreed sitting beside Suho.

 

“What’s in the letter?” Joo In asked as she enters the living room together with her husband.

“It’s a fan letter, from one of Chen’s fans,” Baekhyun replied.

“So who is she?” Luhan asked.

“There’s no given signature, just plain message,” Kai replied.

 

Everyone looked at Chen again, “What?” he looked back at them.

“Kyungie Appa, can you help us put our bubble tea on the fridge?” Andy asked as he moved to get near Kyungsoo.

“Come, I’ll help you,” he stood up as everyone finds an excuse to leave Chen with his letter.

‘Talk about getting left behind,’ he thought.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Right after dinner, everyone retires to their quarters as the married couple helps the twins on their home works. The small family of four stayed at the living room while the other filed to get an early sleep for their schedule tomorrow.

 

While they are busy, Chen suddenly grabs his coat walking past the four of them.

“Jongdae Appa, where are you going?” Andy asked when he saw him.

“I’ll just have a breath of air outside. Don’t worry, I will be back later,” he smiled.

“Come back earlier, Manager Hyung might get mad at you if you get back late,” Luhan reminded him.

“Ne, Luhan Appa,” he chuckled while putting on his shoes.

 

Once outside, he took a slow walk while savoring the peaceful night the world has to offer that moment. It’s been years of pure success for them that his mind can’t still recover from the fast change in time. It’s like yesterday they are still young trainees with dreams of becoming big figures in the entertainment industry. Now, they are reaping the fruits of their labor and hard work. They had been reaping awards left and right; they had been doing shows and movies; they had been covers of well known magazines. Each of them was all contented just like Luhan with his wife and twins.

 

No one would ever thought that they would last this long. After all the controversies and issues, they emerged stronger and tough. Those things that he thought would tear the group apart were actually the reason why their bond had grown stronger.

 

With all the thinking he had, he didn’t notice that he had arrived on the small shopping mart where he and Joo In dropped by earlier that day. Feeling parched all of the sudden; he went inside to grab a drink. The shop is about to close so he made a quick turn on the fridge and grabbed a can of cola drink. He picked a bottled water after the grabbing the can before he proceeds to the counter. After paying it up, he sat on the bench outside the mart to finish the cola.

 

“Goodbye Mrs. Jin. I’ll be back tomorrow,” he turned to see the cashier leaving the mart. Suddenly, their eyes met, when the lady turned to look at him. She gave a genuine smile making him smile in return.

 

“Would you mind some company?” she asked as she walks to get near him.

“I would not mind, perhaps I might appreciate it,” he smiled.

She took the space beside him, leaving some distance.

“You’re a member of Exo right?” she asked.

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“Who would not know you guys? It’s like you had dominated the whole entertainment industry for years,” she smiled, “I hope I don’t sound rude or anything,” she added.

“It’s okay. I mean, that’s our choice ever since we agreed on taking the contract as trainees. Sometimes I just want to quit and have a normal life but then I had agreed on the first time so I have to endure it, right?” he looked at her.

“Life is a surprise; you would never know what would happen next. But if you think it’s not worth it, why not try to just enjoy and go on with the flow? You might notice some things you haven’t noticed before. Besides, you had already signed the contract,” she replied.

 

There was silence as Chen tries to ponder over what she said. “By the way, what’s your name?” he asked.

“Go Seorin,” she replied. He gave a nod before taking one last drink on his cola.

“Well, I guess I have to leave already. It’s late. You should be heading back too,” she stood up.

“Would you want me to hail you a cab?” he offered while dusting his pants.

“Thanks, but I can manage. Besides, I have my scooter with me,” she pointed over the pink scooter on the parking area.

“Nice color,” Chen chuckled.

“Girly too much?” she smiled at him.

“Aniyo, its fine. It suits you,” he gave his trademark smile.

 

“By the way, who is that girl with you earlier? If you don’t mind?” she asked again.

“She’s my friend’s wife,” he replied shortly, leaving room for doubts.

“Your Exo friends?”

“Aniyo,” he shook his head.

She gave an understanding nod before proceeding to her scooter.

 

With one last wave, Seorin took the opposite side as he starts to walk back to their dorm.

 

Luhan is still waiting for him at the living room while going over his children’s work for the last time.

“You’re still up?” Chen asked when he saw him on the sofa.

“I can’t sleep, besides its fun to go over their works. Look at this family drawing Janine drew today at their Arts subject,” Luhan showed him the little girl’s work.

“It’s beautiful right?” Luhan added as he marvels over the drawing.

When Chen looked at it, he finds it hard to appreciate the messy drawing so he tries to be sincere by giving a smile after sitting beside Luhan.

“You would never see the beauty of the picture if you don’t look closely. Besides, you haven’t experienced having children,” Luhan said, noticing his reaction.

 

“Something’s bothering you?” he asked again, “You have been quite for a few days already,” Luhan added.

“Just stressed out. With all the busy schedules we have and will have, who would not get stressed?” he asked the older one.

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked again.

“Yeah, I am sure,” he replied.

 

With those words, he helped Luhan gather the twins’ things before they retire to their own rooms. Their manager made another room for Luhan and his small family since their dorm is large enough to accommodate them.

 

Before Chen went to sleep, he goes over the letter for the last time, trying to think of any clue of how can he meet the girl behind the letter and personally thank her for being a fan.