Chapter Four

Something About December

For the following days, Chen would always leave after dinner and meet up with Seorin. Just like before, they would talk about everything. Whenever she would crack a joke, he would bend over in laughter. Those days made her more attached to him.

 

She would always blush whenever he would smile at her, hiding it behind the dim lights that shine on them. His laughter would make her heart beat twice as normal that she finds it hard to control her smile. For a fan like her, she kept to her promise and never leaked anything about it. It’s actually a dream come true to her, to finally get close to him for real.

 

Chen, on the other hand, suddenly feels at ease whenever he talks to her. His forgets his restlessness whenever he is with her. She maybe a fan, but she acts more like a sister to him making him more relax at her company. She always bring with her surprises such as foods or other items that would become their topic for the night. He gets engrossed to her company that he finds it hard to part with her when it’s already past eleven; nevertheless, he is just thankful that he has her.

 

“Is there something bothering you? You seem to be going out more often every night,” Luhan asked him once when he got home after his time with Seorin.

He smiled, “Nothing, just stressed out and feeling a bit restless.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

Chen just smiled and went over the fridge to grab a drink.

“Jongdae, everyone’s worried about you. You can tell us what’s bothering you. We will work on solving it together so if you have any problem, please tell us,” Luhan looked at him, almost begging.

“I am fine, seriously. I just probably need some time to wind out and rest for real,” he patted Luhan’s shoulder.

 

Luhan heaved a sigh as he watches Chen get to their room to sleep.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Let’s go shopping!” Suho greeted them after going out with Tao for a walk.

Everyone cheered especially the twins.

“I’ll have the twins with me, so that no one would suspect you,” Kris held the twins on both sides.

“Too bad Joo In has a photo shoot today,” Luhan sighed as he watches the twins get to Kris side.

 

After gathering their wallets and phones, they all went outside for the shopping which would be at the nearby small shopping mart. It’s already few minutes past three so their street is quite deserted. The small mart has a few customers and looks like no one cares when they saw the twelve good looking guys get inside.

 

The twins raced to get a cart as Kris followed them closely. The silent mart got noisy when they started their own shopping. After almost half an hour, they all lined up to pay their groceries. The twins, together with Kris were the first one.

“They are quite close to you huh?” Seorin smiled at Kris as she tends to their items.

“Yeah, they actually like me and I like them too,” he replied.

“Unnie, you are not a fan?” Andy asked the busy Seorin.

Seorin smiled, “I am but I know when to be one,” she replied.

Andy blinked and looked up at Kris with confused expression, “Kris Appa, what does she mean?”

“She said she knows when to act like a fan and knows when to be a cashier. If she acts like a fan now, who would help us in these groceries we bought?” Kris patted the little boy’s head.

Andy gave an understanding nod as he helps in putting the groceries on the counter.

 

When it was Chen’s turn, he eyed her as if telling her to just treat him like other customer which she did. While he is fumbling on his wallet, she slips another letter on his grocery bag. The last to pay was Suho so it made them all wait that soon a group of fans had already formed outside the shopping mart.

 

“Well, looks like we have to battle our way out in there,” Chanyeol zipped up his jacket as he puts on his cap. The rest did the same as Kris reminded the twins to never let go of his hand. Good thing that they decided to bring the car.

 

When they got out, the screams and the squeal from the girls brought more attention that soon they find it hard to get through. Luhan kept on looking back to check the twins but since the crowd got thicker, he moved back to get to Kris and grab the twins.

 

“That was tough,” Tao sighed after they got inside their van. The twins were also panting as Luhan wipes off the sweats on their faces.

“I should have stayed home,” he sighed as he looks at his children.

 

It took them few more moments to get out the parking lot and drive on the opposite side to lose the running fans. “Appa, why are they following the car? Can they reach us?” Andy asked.

“Aniyo, don’t worry,” he pulled Andy on a hug. Janine moved closer to her father and held on to him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“I know you all love to shop and have some free time, but you should also take note of when to go out as a group,” their manager crossed his arms in front of the twelve boys.

“Mianhe hyung, we just got bored staying in here,” Suho tried to reason out.

“I know how it feels to be just in a four walled room, but that’s the prize of being famous. And to bring the twins with you? You should have at least let one of you stay and look after them rather than letting them experience that traumatic event,” he reprimanded again.

None of them spoke. Joo In and the twins were standing a few feet behind their manager.

 

The pictures of them going out in broad daylight with no bodyguards or even drivers plus they have the twins with them had been a hot issue on the internet that it made their manager quite mad. Joo In had already talked to her husband and now Luhan is receiving another dose of sermon.

 

The dinner was done in silence. No one spoke all throughout dinner; just the twins and Joo In. Joo In monitored her children about school. Luhan wants to join them but she gave him the punishment of not to talk to them until tomorrow. You could see the struggle in him as he watches his wife and children laugh at something. To add more on his punishment, he would spend the night on any of the boys’ room.

 

When dinner is done, Chen made his way again outside and get back to the shop so he can talk again to Seorin. He was relieved to see her waiting for him on the bench.

“You look like you got some scolding,” she smiled as she hands him a drink.

“Yeah, even Luhan got-“ he mentally slapped himself, “Got scolded by Suho for not doing the dishes,” he lied.

“You guys do house chores too? That’s nice!” she clapped her hand in delight.

“Should we go for another ride?” she offered.

“I know somewhere here where we can rent bicycles, would that be fine?” he offered this time.

“Sure!”  And together they walked to where the shop is.

 

In a matter of minutes, they are already cycling around the block, laughing out loud like it’s the funniest thing in the world. They did some rounds until they got tired. They stopped by on where they usually stop.

 

“Are you fine already?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m doing well now. Thanks for the company,” he replied.

She noticed him pull his jacket closer so she removed her extra scarf and reached to put it on him. He was startled by her sudden gesture. That very close distance somehow made him breathless as he finally gets the chance to see her up close.

 She is beautiful; it’s not a doubt. Her long wavy hair with fringe framing her face properly. Since the weather is quite cold today, her other scarf is loosely tied around her neck. A faint blush colors her cheeks, either because of the distance or from the cold weather. Her eyes were brown with long lashes. Her nose and pinkish small lips completes the look. With all of these details, it left him wondering why he just noticed it lately.

 

“Are you okay?” she looked at him, waving a hand in front of his face.

As if awakened, he smiled at her, “Yeah, I’m sorry I spaced out,” he chuckled, turning his head to hide the blush on his face.

“It’s already eleven, Cinderella should head home or else he might get another scolding,” she looked at him.

He heaved a sigh as they stood up to return the bicycle. They parted on the mart again as he walks on his way back the dorm.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Jongdae Appa! Jongdae Appa!” Andy ran to meet him by the doorway as he removes his shoes.

“Ne? Is there something wrong?” he asked, shocked by the little boy’s sudden welcome.

“Aniyo, Kris Appa and the rest are reading the letter they found on your grocery bag. Palli!” he pulled him straight to the living room where the others are located.

 

“Hey Chen! Seems like you are hiding something from us huh?” Suho gave him a sly smile.

“Hiding what? And what is this letter Andy is talking about?” he asked instead.

“Take a look,” Kris handed him the piece of paper.

It was short but quite meaningful for him to know who is behind the letter.

 

Living a life like that is like rowing on a boat at a fast paced river. Before you choose your boat, you are given the chance to bring something to help you, but since you got all excited, you forgot to bring the paddles. The current is too strong and your bare hands can’t suffice to help you get back to the start. Since you are in there already, why not enjoy the ride? Perhaps you might experience something more memorable.

Saranghae Jongdae Oppa. Fighting! <3

 

“So who is that fan?” Luhan asked.

He just smiled in response as he neatly folds the paper.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Lay asked the others as Chen walked to get to their room.

“Love is in the air?” Kai looked at the other.

They all just exchanged looks.