Baekyeol - Rice Balls

EXO: Mostly Domestic Drabbles

"Mommy!" a five year old Kyungsoo bounced in place next to the kitchen counter, "can I help?" Baekhyun turned away from the rice ball he was forming and smiled.

"Okay, but you have to go wash your hands first." A squeal of glee left the boy as he ran off to the bathroom. In the meantime, Baekhyun grabbed a chair for Kyungsoo to stand on.

In a passing thought, he hopped his little boy would have his father's genes and be tall someday. 

Oh wait, Baekhyun realized after a few seconds, facepalming, he was a boy... their son was adopted.

Soon, Kyungsoo was scampering back. He held his hands out, snapping Baekhyun out of his idiotic thoughts, "See, Mama? I washed them!"

"Good job, sweetie! Come up here," Baekhyun motioned to the chair next to him.

The boy climbed up and started giggling, "Look, Mommy! I'm as tall as you!"

"Yah!" Baekhyun bopped the boy's nose gently, "you don't have to remind me!" He cracked a small smile before turning back to the rice.

Realizing that he didn't have any gloves for the boy, Baekhyun reached into the cupboard and pulled out plastic wrap. "Okay, honey, I'll put the rice in, then you form it okay? Like this," Baekhyun put rice into the plastic wrap, tightly twisting the wrap so the rice formed a ball, then he started molding it into a triangle. Soon, Baekhyun was smiling at his son and how fast he was picking the technique up. Maybe he'd be good at cooking. Baekhyun decided to let him help more.

"Wow, Baekhyun, he's almost taller than you! No surprise there, actually," Baekhyun whipped around and glared at his approaching husband. Chanyeol laughed happily, pecked Baekhyun's lips, then kissed Kyungsoo's head. "I'm off to work, babe," Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun once more. The shorter man smiled, needlessly straitening his beloved's tie.

"Have a good day, love. I'll see you when you get home. Oh..." a sly smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth, "Kyung's going to a friend's house tonight..." He whispered seductively.