Sukai - Adoption

EXO: Mostly Domestic Drabbles

"O-Oh my god," Jongin started panicking, "Junmyeon she's crying what do I do, oh my god." His husband rolled his eyes and took the baby from his arms.

"Give her to me. Jesus Christ, you were the one that said you were ready for this." The girl stopped crying within seconds as Junmyeon bounced her up and down, cooing to her. They were at a local orphanage, pursuing the idea of adoption, but they had only been there ten minutes and Jongin was already losing his sanity.

It was understandable, though, Junmyeon thought. Jongin had grown up the youngest and never had any younger relatives. Thus, he had no actual experience with young children. The older sighed, wishing his husband didn't look so dejected after having the baby taken from him. Junmyeon set the girl back down. "Come here, baby," he enveloped the younger in a hug, "this will work out in the end, okay?" Jongin simply nodded, but it was obvious he was still upset.

Jongin's eyes wandered around the room as his husband went off and sat with a few giggly toddlers. It took him a few seconds to notice a young boy, quietly sitting off in the corner by himself. Curious, the man wandered over. "What's your name," Jongin asked, sitting down next to the boy. He looked up at Jongin with what looked like confusion and a pinch of fear.

"Th-Thehun..." he whispered, looking down at the book in his tiny hands. Jongin smiled; the lisp was actually really cute.

"It's nice to meet you, Sehun," Jongin smiled. He glanced down at the book in the boy's hands, "Do you know how to read, Sehun?" Sehun shook his head. "Do you want me to read it to you?" Jongin's heart swelled when the boy looked up at him with a look of hope and nodded quickly. The man smiled as he reached out for the book. Sehun handed it to him and scooched up next to him. Jongin noticed how he was straining slightly to see the book. "Would you like to sit in my lap, Sehun?

Sehun shuffled a little bit, nervous, before nodding and slowing climbing into Jongin's lap. It took a few books before Jongin realized that he was really enjoying himself. He... he felt like a parent. "I see you made a friend," Jongin looked up to see his husband grinning down at him. Jongin smiled back before continuing the book he was still reading. Junmyeon sat down next to him and waited for Jongin to finish. When he did, Junmyeon greeted the shy boy.

"Hello! What's your name?" Junmyeon asked, smiling. Sehun hid into Jongin's chest, "Thehun," he whispered, making the couple smile. "How old are you," Jongin asked, forgetting to before. Sehun thought for a few seconds, then held up three fingers.

They played with the boy for a little while longer before Junmyeon looked down at his watch. "Oh, Jongin we need to go." Jongin nodded sadly and turned to Sehun, "We'll be back, I promise." A small smile graced the tiny boy's face.

==

Two weeks and several more visits later, the couple met with the head of the orphanage. "We've decided," Jongin stated, lacing his fingers with his husband's. The woman nodded, smiling, "I'm so glad. I've been so worried about him. Couples tend to go for the infants and toddlers. Not to mention that he's so shy..." Junmyeon squeezed his husbands hand as he replied, "We wouldn't have it any other way." The woman nodded again, "Shall we sign the papers now?" The couple grinned.

==

"Hey, Sehunnie!" Jongin smiled entering the room. Sehun quickly stood up and ran to Jongin, hugging his legs.

"Aw," Junmyeon pouted, squatting down, "no hug for me?" Sehun nodded quickly and entered the man's open arms. "Sehunnie, we have a question for you," Junmyeon continued, looking at Jongin, giving him the honors.

Jongin sat down, "Sehun, would you like to come home with us?" Sehun's eyes widened and he burst into tears, nodding repeatedly.