The Sorry Boy

Attraction
"Hello?" Yura answered her phone as she walk down the crowded hall with Hyojin after school. "Yura, your dad and I are going on a business trip tomorrow morning." 
 
"Um..I'm not even going home until, like, tomorrow afternoon, but okay?!" Yura lightly pushed away the person that just stopped in the middle of the hallway to talk to her friends. 
 
"I'm just telling you. Of course I know you won't be home till Friday, I just want you to know your father and I  won't be home, so you have cook for your brother."
 
"Sure, but do I get anything for cooking for him?" Yura chucked. "Just kidding, mom. Have a safe trip. Bye," Yura hung up and hooked onto Hyojin's arm. "Let's go shopping now." 
 
They changed out of their uniforms and left the dorm as soon as possible. They have to be back before dinner or else they'll have to buy their own dinner with their flat and almost empty wallets. They hopped onto the bus that took them to the mall just few stops away from the school, Yura recognized a few faces she saw a few times at the dorm. They sat down at the very back of the bus, chatting and giggling about almost everything. 
 

L.Joe grabbed a pair of white basketball shorts and pulled over his favourite basketball jersey, he always dresses sporty wherever he goes because that was the easiest outfit to put on. He grabbed his phone and walked down the stairs to the living room. “Ahn Daniel! The clock is ticking, better hurry up before the bus leaves!” L.Joe shouted and stretched his legs out on top of the table in front of him. Niel walked out of the bathroom, wearing jeans and a nice white shirt. L.Joe looked at him and sighed. “What?" Niel asked and fixed his hair. L.Joe stood up and walked out the door. “What?” His roommate asked again as he followed him down the stairs to C.A.P and Chunji's room. 

“Nothing, it's just...you would probably regret wearing jeans,” L.Joe opened the room and entered the dumpster, C.A.P and Chunji's room was always messy, just like a dumpster. 
 
“That jersey,” C.A.P picked up the basketball and threw it to L.Joe, who caught it and threw it right into the basket that hung onto the wall beside the bed. “It was so expensive,” L.Joe hopped onto the messy couch and kicked the junk off before siting down. Niel stood in front of the door looking down at his jeans still wondering why he would regret wearing jeans. 
 
 
C.A.P tossed the basketball against the bathroom door, yelling at Chunji. L.Joe sighed, Chunji was just like Niel, they both always take forever dressing up before going to the mall, but L.Joe and C.A.P was the total opposite of them. “Hyung! We're leaving in one minute if you don't come out!" L.Joe screamed tiredly from the couch as C.A.P continued throwing the ball against the door. Chunji finally opened the bathroom door and caught the basketball right away before it hit his face. “God, you guys.”
 
“Nice catch,” C.A.P smirked and grabbed the ball away from him. Chunji gave him a dirty glare and grabbed his phone from his desk.  “Don't tell me we're having a game again,” the only boy wearing jeans said and looked at the three other boys, they were all wearing basketball shorts and a comfortable top. The three of them let out a small chuckle and left, leaving the clueless boy behind. 
 
Every Thursday when the students that lives in the dorm were allowed to leave the dorm, the girls' and boys' basketball team would go the basketball court beside the mall and play a game, the team that loseswill have to buy the winners something, it was the basketball teams' tradition. 
 

C.A.P dribbled his basketball as he walked down the street with the two that dressed properly for a game beside him, and the one that wore jeans behind him. “But we don't even have a basketball team yet, the tryout is tomorrow,” Niel mumbled as he followed the three towards the basketball court. 

“How can you forget? We always play with the girls' team every single Thursday, and it would be last year's team if there isn't an official team yet,” Chunji shook his head in disappointment. Niel kicked L.Joe's . "Why didn't you tell me before we left?" 
 
"What the hell?" L.Joe turned around and punched him in the shoulder. "Why should I remind you? You should remember it."
 
They walked into the outdoor basketball court, the girls were already warmed up and prepared for the game. "What are you wearing, Niel?” Hyuna laughed and pointed at Niel's leg. "What is he wearing?" Gayoon and Jiyoon asked. Jihyun and Sohyun turned and chuckled. "I forgot okay?! Stop making fun of me, I can still play in jeans!" He screamed and put his hands into the front pockets. The five girls pointed at him and laughed, they didn't know how it was possible to play basketball in jeans. Wouldn't it be uncomfortable and harder to move around?
 
As soon as the boys for warmed up, the game started with a jump ball between the two captains, C.A.P and Jihyun. "You better do it fair," C.A.P said and gave Sohyun a fierce look. "Don't worry, I'm a very fair person,” Sohyun placed the ball in between the two leaders and tossed it upwards into the hot summer night to begin the first game between the two teams. 
 

Yura looked out the window and saw a basketball court just beside the mall, there were people playing on it, and she had an argue to join them. Her was surprised when she saw the teams, it was her first time seeing a boys against girls basketball game, and she was even more surprised when she saw that "Sorry Boy" playing. Are those people from our school? She asked herself and looked over at the bleachers, the people that sat on the bleachers immediately answered her question, some of them were still in their uniforms. "What are you looking at?" Hyojin asked as she looked out the window as well. "Ooh, basketball...but aren't those students from our school?" Yura nodded and continued to watched them play. She was craving for basketball, she wanted to dribble one so badly she would jump out the window to join them if she wouldn't die. She hasn't touched a basketball for two months, since she was on a vacation with her family during the summer she couldn't play.

“Yura, come on! I want to buy stuff!” Hyojin dragged her away from the window, far far away from the window so she won't go back again. 
 

Chunji jumped up and stopped the ball from going into the basket, the score was tie between the two teams and there was no way he was going to let the girls win. Chunji passed the ball over to Niel. "Why did I pass it to you?!" He screamed and tried to run free from his check. 

Niel struggled to dribble the ball, because of his jean he could barley run without stopping to pull it up. He looked around for a person to pass to. "Go away, Gayoon!" He screamed at his check. "What if I don't want to?" She laughed and tried to knock the ball out of his hand. 
 
Just when the ball was about to get taken out of Niel's hand, L.Joe appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the ball away. Niel and Gayoon watched L.Joe dribble the ball to the other side of the court in shock. Where did he come from? They both thought. L.Joe was their team's secret weapon, the sneakiest and fastest player, and no matter how many times they've seen him doing this, they still get shocked by it. 
 
L.Joe's check, Sohyun, chased after him but it was too late to block the ball because it was already going through the basket. The people on the bleacher cheered and clapped as the boys gathered in the middle, high-finving each other. "Told you guys I could play in jeans!" Niel shouted at the exhausted girls. 
 
"Shut up you did nothing besides standing there and pulling your pants up," C.A.P slapped his back. "Idiot." 
 
"Okay, so you guys win, what do you guys want?" Jihyun asked. 
 
"Food." "Jacket." "Shoes." "Shoes too." Niel said after everyone else. 
 
"Let's buy C.A.P's food first then, as usual pay for whoever you were checking," Jihyun announced. "You better not buy some expensive meal, I only have twenty dollars with me," she told C.A.P. "Aw, dang it. But I want steak though," he joked.
 

Yura swung one of Hyojin's shopping bag back and forth and followed her around the shoe store. She was getting dizzy and tired following Hyojin, she didn't even know where she was going. She checked the time on her phone, there was half an hour left before dinner, she sighed and realized she had lost her best friend. She looked around but couldn't even see Hyojin's shadow. She gave up and looked at the shoes on the racks, her eyes caught a red Converse. She reach out her arm and grabbed it just when a person beside her grabbed it as well, she followed the hand and slowly turned around. Sorry Boy? She blinked at him and dropped the shoe as he did the same thing. L.Joe looked at the shoe that fell onto the ground and bend down to pick it up, but he stopped when he saw the girl beside him did the same thing.

Yura's face flushed red as she let out a small embarrassed laugh. "Sorry," she said and turned away. L.Joe watched her walk away and picked the shoe, and placed it back into the rack. Did I scare her? He frowned and glanced over at the red shoe. "Sohyun!" He called. "I want this."
 
Hyojin watched her best friend walked over from the guy from her art class. "You know him?" Yura shook her head and sat down on the empty seat. "I've seen him around thogh."
 
"He's a bad boy, but a good looking one," Hyojin giggled as she found the pair of shoes she wanted.
 
"No, he seems nice, and he looks a bit... I don't know, he's not really my style."
 
"You don't even know who he is how can you know if he's nice or not, and I don't think anyone would ever be your style." Yura shrugged and looked at him from the corner of her eyes. Who are you?

Yura and Hyojin ran towards the bus that was about to leave, they showed the driver their pass and sat down at the empty seats. Yura looked out the window wondering if she would see the "Sorry Boy" again, Sorry Boy is  now officially his nickname, since she has no idea what his name was. 

Yura looked at the mall as the bus slowly move away, her heart cried a little when the bus drove further away. Why am I like this?  It's not like i like him, right? Plus, I don't even know him. She reminded herself and turned away from the window, but her heart was still holding onto the feeling.