"Trouble Maker"

Attraction
Yura walked into her math class, half of the class was seated already. No one in the classroom talked, the only sounds she could hear were the voices of the people in the hall and her own nervous heartbeat. She walked to an empty seat while smiling awkwardly at her classmates. The teacher entered few minutes later with a pink mug in her hand. She was a skinny and small young woman with brownish golden hair. She smiled at the students and walked out the door again. 
 
A few more students arrived as time passed by. Then, a familiar person walked into the room. Yura looked at him and eyed him the empty seat in front of her. 
 
"You saved this seat for me?" Ricky asked and sat down. Yura shook her head, "I just wanted someone I know to sit in front of me." 
 
The teacher walked back in and closed the door as the second bell rang. She smiled at the class again and walked to the middle. "Hello," she waved her thin hand at a girl sitting in front of her, and the girl said hi back awkwardly.
 
"I don't think I need to tell you my name, since it’s already on your schedules," she began. "I have a few simple rules in this class. One, I do not want any food or drinks in this class, I can accept water but nothing else, because I don’t want ants in my room. Two, cell phones needs to be turned off, not on silence, not on vibrate, I want it off, it'd be better if it's in your locker," she paused and took a sip of her coffee. "I'll be assigning your lockers tomorrow," she grinned and looked around the class, before she could continue, a knock from the door interrupted her. 
 
"I'm Changjo, sorry I'm late, I got lost," a tall boy said.
 
"It's fine, come on in," the teacher opened the door wider and allowed him in. “Right. Rule number three, don't be late for class after today.”
 
Yura looked at him as he sat down in the empty seat right beside her on the next row. She rose her eyebrows as if it was the first time seeing such good looking guy. 
 
"Everyone knows it's a half day today, right?" The teacher continued on without letting anyone answer. "We only have about 10 minutes left so when I call your name, come up and get a textbook and a workbook." The teacher stood up and went over to her desk, beside it were piles of thick textbooks and workbooks. Yura sighed and waited for her name to be called. 
 

After going to two other classes and reviving more books, Yura walked to her last class. When she walked in the class, she saw Hyojin siting alone in the row that is the closest one to the door. Yura slide into the seat behind her dropping her heavy bag onto the floor.

 
Just one more class left. 
 
She was thankful that the first day of school was only till noon, or else she has no idea how she could survive walking around with everything in her bag. 
 
An old lady walked through the door, and right when she walked through the door the whole room became quiet. Old teachers are always the scariest, they can know everything about a student by just looking at them. 
 
The teacher didn't talk much during class, unlike the other cheerful young teachers, she was more like the cold mean old lady next door. But the class went by just like the other classes, took attendance, handed out books, and went over some class rules. 
 

"I'm going to the dorm now, you coming?" Hyojin walked out the front door of the school where almost all the students were standing. 
 
"I have to," Yura answered as she adjusted her backpack straps. 
 
"Did you drop your stuff there this morning?" Yura gave her best friend a confused look. 
 
"Your suppose bring your stuff and move into the dorm today. Didn't they tell you that if you're going to live in the dorm, you have to drop off your things before you signed in?"
 
Again, Yura gave her a confused look. 
 
"Did you read the package they mailed home?"
 
"No," Yura said and sighed. "Could've told me earlier."
 
Yura never read anything the school sends her, she was just simply too lazy and didn't want to read it. It was always her mom that read it and told her what to do, but out of everything her mom could forget, she had to forget to tell her daughter to bring her belongings to the dorm. 
 
The two of them scanned their dorm pass across the scanner and watched the door open slowly. They greeted the security, Hyojin picked up her bags and got their two room keys from the security.
 
The first floor was for the third-year students, second floor for the second-years, and third for the first-years. Yura sighed and walked up the stairs with her heavy bag. She pulled out her phone and dialed her mom's number, but of course her busy mother didn't pick up. She tried calling her father and brother, but it both went to voicemail. She groaned and shoved her phone back into the pocket of her uniform skirt.
 
 
The two curious girls unlocked the door and went in. Hyojin rushed into the bathroom as Yura walked deeper into their room. 
 
"I call dibs on the top." Yura shouted as soon as she saw the unusual bunk bed. 
 
"What?" Hyojin came out the bathroom. "Oh, wow! That's not fair! I want the top one!" 
 
"Too bad I called it first," she skipped to the swirly stairs and went up as Hyojin followed her. 
 
"This is so unfair! You have your own little space up here while I have that," her best friend glared at the living room type of format downstairs. 
 
" it up," Yura placed a family picture she had in her bag on the small desk. 
 
"They even put another desk up here!?" Hyojin screamed in frustration. "Wow, they should've made everything equal," she marched down the stairs and started unpacking her things.
 

Yura and Hyojin walked out their room and went down to the main floor of the unfamiliar place, but they have the entire afternoon to discover it. The two girls walked around the halls, finding one large room right beside the stairs on the first floor. It was a room that allow all the girls from different grades to hang out, and since the room was on the girls’ side, it was decorated girly. 
 
They walked out the girls’ side and went into the cafeteria that was between the boys’ and girls’ dorm with the library beside it. The cafeteria had a small amount of people in there, sitting around chatting, eating, and playing on their phones. Yura and Hyojin both bought a chocolate chip muffin and went out to get fresh air and relax. 
 
"Are you joining the basketball team? I heard they're really good," Hyojin took a bite of her muffin after looking at her best friend. 
 
"Yeah, even though there's only one team," Yura sighed and peeled off the plastic wrapper off the muffin. "Which means that I have to make friends if I get in the team."
 
"Meeting new people's a good thing. I wish I was as easygoing as you, so I could make more friends." 
 

L. Joe had all the workbooks shoved into his backpack and carried the thick heavy textbooks in one arm. He watched the new students walking around the front of the school waiting for the school bus. They didn't know the moment they stepped into the school, they were completely controlled by the Satan, the three principles who made up stupid rules no one ever bothered following. 
 
Everyone in this whole school acted like a goody two-shoes and obey everything, but who knew what they're hiding under their pretty masks. L.Joe of course wasn't that type of person last year, he did whatever he thought was right. 
 
Suddenly the crowd screamed and ran backwards as if there was a bomb about to explode in the centre. The principal and vice-principals rushed out of the school building as soon as they heard the crowd screaming in fear.
​From where L.Joe was standing he could see the flaming principals’ eyes. His legs took off by itself, running as fast as he could, he had no idea why he was running, it was like a reflex action. Before he could run any further with all the books he have, the vice-principal caught up. "Where do you think you’re going, young man?" He asked.
 
"I didn’t do it. I swear, it wasn’t me." L.Joe tried to explain without panicking, but the angry eyes that stared down at him were horrifying.
 
"Come to the office with me, now," the Satan demanded. L.Joe followed him back into the school building ignoring all the stared from the other students.
 

"What'd you do this time!" Niel yelled from behind as he tried to catch up to L.Joe when they got out of the school building half an hour later. 
 
"It wasn’t me, I didn’t do it!" He accidentally bumped into a girl. "Sorry!" He apologized quickly and walked away feeling as if the whole world didn’t believe him. Nobody probably ever did. 
 

"What happened here?" Yura asked staring at the messy huge crowd of people that surrounded the front of the school. 
 
"I don't know and don't want to know," her best friend said and grabbed Yura's arm. "I wanna walk around the school." 
 
The two of them walked into the almost emptied school. It was quiet, but at least it was bright outside, it would've been scary if it was dark and quiet. They walked down the halls, climbed up the stairs, went through the courtyard, and back outside with fresh image of the layout of the whole school. 
 
It was clear outside the school, everyone had already gone home. Yura checked the time on her phone, it was already five in the afternoon. She let out a sigh and called her mom again, thankfully she picked up this time. 
 
"How's school?" Her mom asked cheerfully.
 
"It went okay, but—" 
 
"Did Hyojin come after all?" 
 
"Yes, she did. And I—" 
 
"Thank god, you'd be alone if she didn't go." 
 
"No, Ricky's here too. I have to—"
 
"He’s there too? Wow I—"
 
"Mom!" Yura screamed after being cut off by her mom a million times. "Didn't you know I'm supposed to bring my stuff today so I could move into the dorm?"
 
"Yeah, I know," She answered as if there was absolutely no problem, when there is one, a huge one.
 
"I didn't bring them! I only brought the family picture and a few little things that were in my bag!" 
 
"I told you to—" 
 
"No! You didn't!" Yura and her mom argued on the phone as they walked back to the dorm. 
 
"I'll be there around seven, meet me at the front of the school," Her mom said and hung up. 
 
Seven o'clock, at the front of the school, in the dark, alone. Great. 
 

Niel burst through the door, "Who was it then, if it wasn’t you?"
 
"It wasn’t me, that’s all I know, period. I already swore on my laptop that I would never ever cause any trouble again. And speaking of my laptop, did you see my laptop?" 
 
Niel shook his head and looked around to help him find his laptop. 
 
"Ugh, my mom took it to work with her yesterday," L.Joe took out his phone and dialed his mom's number. 
 
"Doesn't your mom have her own?" Niel sat down on the other couch and rested his legs on the table. 
 
"Yeah, but apparently she needed two yesterday,” L.Joe waited for his mom to answer the phone. 
 
"Hello?" A familiar voice answered after two rings.
 
L.Joe bit his tongue. "Noona?" L. Joe would always sound weak whenever he talks to his sister. He was always scared of his sister, even though she was the ‘cool’ sister and always stood up for him. "Do you know where my laptop is?" He smiled awkwardly into nowhere. 
 
"Right in front of me," his sisters, Bora, said it as if he could just fly home and get his laptop right at this second. 
 
If it was a friend, L. Joe would be already spazzing at their stupidity, but he couldn't do that to his sister, because she was his sister, his older sister. Instead of saying anything he paused and waited for his sister to reply.
 
"Oh right! I forgot you're not coming home until the weekend," Bora laughed at herself from the other side. "I'll go give it to you later, wait for me at the front."
 
"Thanks, noona," L.Joe said sweetly to his sister, which made Niel give him a disgust face. 
 
"I hate seeing you talking to your sister, you sound and look like gross," Niel reach out for the TV remote.
 
"You know how scary she is if I talk to her with attitudes," L.Joe walked up the swirly stairs and went over to his bed. "Wake me up when it's time to eat. I'm gonna take a nap."
 
He wasn't taking a nap because he was tired, he was taking a nap because he wanted to escape from reality, the place he never felt like he belonged.
 

"Wake up!" Niel screamed into L.Joe's ear and pulled off his blanket. "I'm leaving you here if you don't get up." He went down the stairs and waited for a few more seconds for his roommate to get up. 
 
After living with each other for a year, Niel knows almost everything about his roommate. He either sleeps, practices basketball, goes on the Internet, or plays video games when he has nothing to do, but he was also a really smart student. He doesn't need to study all day and night for a test or exam, he only needs scan through the notes, and would be fully prepared for the test.
 
L.Joe slowly sat up from his bed and realized he had worn his uniform to sleep, and made it wrinkly. He changed into a pair of shorts and pulled a loose shirt over while walking down the stairs. 
 
Their stomachs growled as they walked down to the cafeteria, the smell of food got stronger and stronger as they got closer to the first floor. 
 
In the cafeteria, it was full of hungry people roaring at each other over another. L.Joe and Niel grabbed a metal tray and a pair of chopstick. They stood patiently in the frozen line, no one moved for the past few minutes and the cafeteria was getting noisier and noisier. 
 
L.Joe checked the time on his phone, he still has an hour until his sister comes and gives him his laptop. He sighed, "I thought dinner was ready."
 
Just then a guy came from behind and swung his arm around L.Joe's neck, "Where'd you get those frogs?" L.Joe turned around and looked at their past basketball captain, C.A.P, smiling at him. The frogs... The frogs that was everywhere in front of the school few hours ago, the frogs that scared the new students, the frogs that got him in trouble.
 
"It wasn’t me," L. Joe said quietly and sighed. Why does no one believe him?
 
"At least the principal didn't hunt you down like last year," C.A.P ignored his answer.
 
"The worst part was that he was also a first-year student. You know you could've been kicked out of the school?" Chunji popped his head out right beside Niel's face.
 
"Where the hell did you come from, hyung?" Niel screamed and pushed Chunji's face away with his shoulder. 
 
"Careful with the face!"
 
L. Joe smiled weakly at them and turned back facing the front of the lineup. It was useless arguing. The line finally started to move, they all got their dinner and sat down at their usual basketball team table.