He's Just Good Looking

Attraction

“Sorry for the misunderstanding yesterday. I apologize for not trusting you,” the mean looking vice principal said. L.Joe fake smiled. If it wasn't the crazy biology teacher that dropped his box full of frogs he wouldn't be in the office right now or yesterday. “You may leave now, I will call home and apologize.” He picked up the phone as L.Joe walked out his office. 

L.Joe walked back to his group that stood along the window at the front of the school. “What'd the Satan say?” C.A.P stopped all the conversations when he spotted the boy walking over. “I told you guys, it wasn't me.” L.Joe lean onto the cool window. 

“Who was it then?” Chunji asked. 

“You know that crazy biology teacher? Yeah, it was him.”

“Oh.” They all said together nodding their head. 

“Well, when there's trouble, people just tempt to think it's you cause of what happened last year,” Niel said carefully. 

“Shut up,” L.Joe shot him a cold glare. All of them turned and glared at Niel as if they were about to tackle him down. Last year’s incident was a sensitive topic for L.Joe, he regretted for being the “hero” and for getting himself involved. 

 


The sun was already shining brightly in the sky as if it was noon already, Yura and Hyojin walked down the path and into the school. As soon as Yura pulled open the door, a cool breeze floated out the school, it opened its arms out and welcomed them in to escape the hotness outside. The foyer was packed with small and large groups of people from all grades. The two of them squished through all the people and found a bench in a hall full of lockers.  

"So, I was just thinking maybe we could go to the mall Thursday after school, I want to buy a pair of white shoes and draw my own design on them," Hyojin said and showed Yura a picture of a pair of plain white shoes. "But we can't leave the school property, can't we?" Yura looked at her best friend, clueless.

Hyojin shook her head in silence. "Where were you yesterday during the assembly? You're so clueless these days, first, you forgot your stuffs at home, and now you don't know that we get to leave the school on Thursday?" 

"Well, the assembly was boring I almost fell asleep listening to it!" Yura frowned. "But can we really just leave the school like that?" 

"Yeah, but no. We have to be back before dinner, which is around 6," Hyojin smiled and looked down at her phone. "Oh, the bell's gonna ring, we better go to class now, see you at lunch!"

They waved each other goodbyes and headed towards their first class. Yura didn't like walking alone, but she knew no one yet besides Hyojin and Ricky. She walked alone in the crowd, hugging tightly onto her math textbook and slowly making her way through the hall. 

When she got to her class, she went and sat down where she sat yesterday. The class was still in the awkward stage, no one had the guts to start a conversation with another one, she would start one if there was people siting around her. And just when Yura thought no one would sit beside her, Changjo and Ricky walked into the classroom yapping away about whatever they're talking about. The two guys sat in the seats they were sitting at yesterday as well, which was in front of and beside Yura. "Hey, what's up, my friend," Ricky said and held out his hand to do “the hand shake”, but Yura just raised her eyebrows at him. "No? No handshakes? Alright then." He then turned his attention back to his new friend. 

After a few minutes, the second bell rang and the students were all seated. The teacher did the attendance and went through her class rules in more details. Yura looked at the clock and wondered when the class was going to end, she is always looking at the clock, waiting for the bell, but she would always also try to focus on the lecture the teacher is giving, it was never possible, the lecture would go in from one ear and come out from the other without the brain analyzing anything. "...everybody get up and find at least two study buddies." The one and only sentence Yura actually heard. She looked at her teacher as she walked back to her desk with her coffee mug in her hand. 

"Yura!" Ricky turned around immediately and slammed his hands on her desk. "Study buddies? Me, you, and Changjo? Oh, right! I forgot to introduce my roommate, Changjo," Ricky pointed him. "Yura," he turned to Changjo and introduced her to Changjo. They exchanged looks and nodded their head awkwardly. "So partners, study buddies, whatever you call them?" Ricky blinked at her and waited for her answer. 

Yura looked around the room, everyone had someone to be with. It felt like last year in middle school when they had a school dance, everyone had a partner but Yura, she would look to her right, and see people dancing, look to the left, still seeing people dancing, it wasn't that no one liked her, she just didn't really wanted to go with anyone. 

"Sure," Yura sighed. There was some good reasons why it was good for them to be together, one, they were the only two people that lives in the dorm, besides her, two, if she was on a vacation, Ricky could walk two blocks to her house and put the homework assignments into the mail box. 

After finding study buddies, the teacher gave the students their locker numbers the school assigned, and allowed them to leave to class. Yura placed her books in her locker and looked around her, she realized that the whole class were all in the same row of lockers. She slammed her locker door shut and went back to the classroom. The class started as soon as everyone was back, the gave the class a lesson on horrific looking math equations and assigned them homework.

Yura went back to her locker after her second class and hung her bag onto the small hook. She took out her lunch money and texted Hyojin, and met each other at the bench they sat at in the morning.

"I'll show you my locker later, I need food right now!" Hyojin said and walked down the hall to the crowded cafeteria. 

"I don't think you can find end of the line." Yura looked at the line up and frowned. Hyojin groaned and walked towards the huge crowd of people, Yura followed her. 

After being in line for twenty minutes, they both came out the cafeteria with a piece of cookie and small chocolate milk. They went back to the bench and ate there, because the cafeteria just wasn't their place. "How's school so far?" Hyojin asked. "Okay, I guess. Ricky and his friend are my study buddies for math," Yura took a sip of her chocolate milk.

"I want to be in your class so bad! I should've took the same classes as youk! But no, I had to take stupid art! Did you know it's a mixed class? There are two third-year students, I don't even know how many second-years, and then there's me and two other girls from our grade!" 

"That ," Yura patted her back. "You'll be fine though, don't worry."

 

They showed each other their lockers and walked around the school until the first bell rang. They were more like the type of people who likes to move around instead of just sitting and gossiping about other people, of course they still gossip but not as mean as some of the girls. 

 


"Today's homework is to read page twelve to page twenty, also the questions on page thirteen needs to be done," the English teacher assigned. Yura rolled her eyes and wrote it down on a scrap piece of paper and slipped it into the textbook. Yura and Hyojin walked out of the school and went back to their dorm. There were tones of homework to do and they were both starving. Yura pulled out her card and swiped it in front of the scanner and walked in as soon as it opened. 

They went straight into the dorm's cafeteria and bough a few snacks. As they walk out the cafeteria, Ricky and Changjo walked in with a few other guys behind them. Yura turned right when she saw them coming in and gave her best friend an awkward smile. "What?" Hyojin frown and opened her bag of chips and pass it to Yura.

"Can I have some?!" Ricky shouted. Yura turned around and stretch her arm out for Ricky to grab some. You want some?" She offered Changjo. He shook his head and smiled kindly. 

 


"You did not just fall for him!" Hyojin screamed quietly after closing their room door shut. "You said you don't look at people! And you never offer people food! I bet Ricky was like, Whoa...Yura offering food?

"I didn’t! And I don’t...look at people. But excuse me, can't I be nice and offer people food once in a while? I'm not always mean when it comes to food," Yura threw all her books onto her desk. "And about that guy, I just have this "oh there comes a good looking guy" type of feeling towards him, okay? Not a crush."

"Sure it's not a crush," Hyojin said and went to her desk to start doing her homework. "What his name?" 

"Changjo," Yura said and flipped open her textbook. "And yes, it's not a crush."