Brand New Start

Attraction
A loud ring woke up the tired Yura. It was five in the morning, but she had to hurry up and get ready for her first day of high school. She never thought she could get into a private school, even though she was one of the top students in her middle school.
Yura dragged herself up and went into the bathroom for a morning shower. She probably won't be able to get any morning showers after moving into the school's dorm.
 
She changed into her new uniform and picked up her light bag from her desk, and walked downstairs into the kitchen for breakfast. 
 
"Eat your breakfast in the car. It'll take us more than an hour to get there," her mom whispered trying not to wake up the others, who were still sleeping peacefully.
 
Yura obeyed her mom's order and grabbed a piece of golden yellow toast from the plate. She swung her backpack over her shoulders and walked out the door with the toast in . She wished they lived somewhere closer to the school, so the school bus could come pick her up instead of her living in the dorm and only coming home on weekends and holidays. 
 
As soon as her mom started the engine and headed down the street, Yura fell asleep in the backseat. 
 

"Yura, Yura! Choi Yura! Wake up, we're here," her mom shook her shoulders. Yura slowly opened her eyes.

The sun was shining in the sky. She stepped out her car and rubbed her eyes to get a better view of her new school. "Hurry up! I have to go to work soon," her mom pulled her arm and walked into the school. 

The foyer of the school was packed with first year students, it was noisy and squishy in there. Yura stood in shock while her mom tiptoed up to see the signs that were stick to the table. 
 
"There! I found it," her mom dragged Yura again, to the table which had a sign that said "Dorm". The line she was waiting in was shorter than the other ones.
 
Yura held onto her dorm pass and class schedule her mom passed her after signing up. "Hyojin said she would be here early," Yura frowned and looked around for her best friend. 
 
"She's probably on her way, don't worry, she won't leave you," her mom patted her shoulder and looked at her watch. "Sorry, sweetie, but I have to go now."
 
Yura laughed out loud to scare away her nervousness. "You can go, I'll wait for Hyojin to come." 
 
Mrs. Choi pinched her daughter's cheek and left, leaving Yura alone in the crowded foyer without a friend. She pulled out her phone and checked the time, the first-year students are having a welcome assembly in half an hour and her best friend was still not here.
 
After waiting for another twenty minutes, she turned around and headed to down to the theater. 
 
"Choi Yura!" A girl screamed from behind. A big smile formed on Yura's face, she knew who that voice belongs to and was thankful she came.
 
"Thanks for waiting," Hyojin jogged towards her.
 
"I've been waiting for a long time. I thought you were gonna ditch me."
 
"Nah, he's coming to this school too."
 
"Wh— No way! He is not coming here."
 
"Fine, don't believe me." 
 
"Seriously? How'd you find out?" 
 
"There's something called Internet and—" 
 
"Oh, look who these kids are!" A boy's voice said from behind. 
 
Yura smirked at Hyojin and turned around. "I'm not a kid, I'm three days older than you." Yura said to Ricky. 
 
"H-hey, Ricky. N-nice to see you here," Hyojin stuttered. 
 
"Me too. I have no friends here, well except you two."
 
Yura hooked her arm around Hyojin's and ignored the lonely boy. "Go sign up, we only have a few minutes left till the assembly starts." 
 
Hyojin went over to the desk and picked up her class schedules that had her dorm number on it. "What's yours? Mine is 486." 
 
"I don't know let me check," Yura said and took her folded paper out of her pocket. "No way!" 
 
"What?"
 
"I have 486 too! We're going to be living together!" Yura screamed as she waved the paper in the air. 
 
"Oh my god! Me too!" Ricky joined their conversation. The two of them looked at him weirdly. Didn’t the guys live on the other side? 
 
"Well, my numbers 486 on the guys’ side, obviously not the girls side, duh," he smirked and entered the dim theater. 
 

"... For all students, school is a school, not a dating site. The school's number one rule: No dating. Everyone can be friends, but no one should...." Yura started to fall asleep as the vice-principal continued on with the school rules.

"God, this school. They’re making our lives even more miserable," Yura mumbled to Hyojin who sat next to her. Hyojin flashed a smile and nodded in agreement. 
 
 
After a long assembly, they walked out the theater and went to their first class. Yura looked down the unfamiliar hallway and took a deep breath. 
 
It's a band new start.
 

He walked out of the car with his duffel bag on his shoulder and his backpack hooked onto his finger. He ruffled his hair and walked over to the familiar dorm, scanning his card and greeting the security before turning left to the boys' side of the dorm. 

To him, the only good thing about living in the dorm this year was that he doesn't have to climb another flight of stairs to get to his room.
 
He walked down the hall and found the familiar number, 143. He turned the door knob, it wasn't locked, so he suspects his roommate must have come already. He walked into the room and dropped his bags besides the stairs that leads to the top section of the bed. He liked the top, because it had a more private space than there is at the bottom. 
 
No one was in the room but him. He wondered why the door was unlocked when his roommate wasn't here yet. He looked around the medium sized room, it was cleaned perfectly. He picked up his bags and walked up the swirly stairs to his little private space, and started unpacking.
 
The door opened as he finished putting away half of his clothes, his roommate came in humming a sweet tone, "Whoa! Look who's here!" Niel said and looked up at him with a smile, "I thought I was getting the top this year." 
 
"Too late, I called dibs on it two months ago," he smirked and closed the last drawer. 
 
"The top is always better than the bottom," Neil slowly walked up the stairs. "See! You get to have another desk up here!" 
 
" it up!" He stood up and went over to his bed. 
 
"Well, at least I don't have to walk up these stairs to sleep." Niel out his tongue and went back down.
 
He lay on his bed while listening to his roommate unpacking his stuff and humming downstairs. He actually liked staying in the dorm more than staying at home. Home was always boring to him, besides watching TV or playing video games, he had absolutely nothing else fun to do. 
 
"Hey, L.Joe," Neil called from the bottom. "When do we go to class?"
 
"Nine, I think. Don't worry, it a half day today," L.Joe mumbled as he stared at the ceiling wondering if his guess was right or not, he had no idea when class starts. He didn't want it to start anyway, he just wished this year would be less crazy than it was last year. It's a brand new year, brand new start. Leave everything behind and move on. He encouraged himself.