Like Two Magnets

Attraction
After dinner, Yura and Hyojin went back to their room right away. They didn't like the crowd, it was too noisy for two people to have a conversation with each other. 
 
Hyojin went through her list of supplies and dropped them into her bag one by one, "Lock...and done," she smiled and zipped her bag up. "I'm gonna go take a shower now," she took her pyjamas out and went into the bathroom. 
 
Yura looked at the small round clock that hung above the TV. It was almost seven. She stood up and grabbed the light jacket that lied on Hyojin's bed, "I'm leaving now," she screamed at the closed bathroom door and headed to the front of the school. It wasn't as cold as she thought it was, but she still liked the warmness the jacket gave her. 
 
She stood under the bright light outside the school and called her mom. "Are you coming?" She said.
 
"No." A male voice said. Yura rolled her eyes but smiled after, "Why are you using mom's phone?"
 
"Is it any of your business?" Her brother replied tiredly.
 
"Junhong, don't talk to your sister like that," Yura heard her mom said softly in the background. 
 
"Yeah, idiot! Don't talk to me like that!" 
 
"I'm not in the mood to argue with you, so I'm just gonna hang up now. We'll see each other in the few minutes." Her brother said and hung up before Yura could reply. 
 
What a nice brother. She thought and started playing games on her phone while she waited for her mom to come. She didn't even notice someone was standing a few feet away from her. She turned and looked at him, he looked familiar. Just when she decided to turn away, he turned and met her eyes. She looked straight into his, and he looked straight into hers, like two magnets attracting to their opposite poles. 
 
"Choi Yura!" A males voice cut into the two people's own world. "Come get your stuff and let me go home! I'm tired!" Yura marched over to the car and grabbed her bags from the backseat, "Why'd you come then? Plus, it's only seven and you’re tired? What are you?"
 
"Don't talk to me like that!" He gave her a look. "Fine," she took a deep breath. "Oppa, go home and have a really really peaceful sleep," she said as peaceful as she could. "And I'll haunt you in your dreams." Yura smiled and waved as the car disappeared into the dark. She swung her bags over her two shoulders and walked back.
 
"Sorry," the guy that was standing a few feet away from her said as he accidentally dump into one of Yura's duffle bag as he jogged towards the car that just arrived. 
 
Sorry. Yura's eyes flashed open and turned around and looked at that guy's back. It was the one she bumped into this afternoon. She raised her eyebrows. What a coincident, bumping into the same guy twice today. She adjust her bag strap
back into place and walked back to the dorm.
 

L.Joe opened the door and walked into the quiet room, but the quietness was soon destroyed when he heard the voice of his roommate singing in the shower. He chuckled and went up the stairs to his bed with his laptop he just got from his sister, and instead of a warm greeting from her, she was disappointed at him for the trouble he had caused. He figured that the principle had called home and told on him.

L.Joe his laptop and went on almost all the social networks he could think of, and scroll through all of them until he gets to the spot where he had left last time, but something didn't felt right and he has no idea what it is, all he could feel is this empty spot in his heart. He slid his laptop beside him and looked straight at the wall. Where was this uncomfortable feeling coming from? He had never left this way before. 
 
"You're back!" Niel yelled as he walked out of the bathroom rubbing his hair with a towel. "Oh! Someone called you when you were gone." "Who?" L.Joe stood up and walked to his already messy desk. 
 
"I don't know, it was just ringing," Niel the TV again and flopped down on the couch. 
 
L.Joe walked down the stairs and checked for the missed calls, he raised his eyebrow when he saw the name that displayed on his phone screen and called back. He walked over to his desk downstairs and sat on top of it while waiting for the call to be picked up. 
 
"Hello?" He answered. "You called me?" L.Joe let his leg dangle off the edge of the table.
 
"Oh, right. I did!" Ricky exclaimed. "I was gonna ask if our parents are still going on that short trip this weekend."
 
"I don't know, they never tell me anything," L.Joe sighed. "I think they're still going, since they don't have any other time this month, which means you're staying over at my house this weekend."
 
"Thank god they're going," Ricky let out a big breath. "They just bug me all day about everything!" 
 
"Yeah, my parents too, since my sister has a job and works almost all day everyday, non-stop, so they have no one to annoy besides me."
 

Hyojin woke Yura up the next morning by shaking her shoulders, lightly patting her back, and pulling off her blanket. Yura could've been up already if her alarm on her phone didn't randomly stop working this morning. They went to the cafeteria together in their pyjamas, just like the other people. The whole cafeteria seemed dead, everyone ate in silences, only the kitchen ladies were talking, loudly. 

The two of them got French toast and orange juice from the line up and sat down at the empty table beside the window. It was a clear sunny day, the early birds sang outside the building in their high pitched tones, annoying high pitched tonesYura chewed on her food slowly and drank her orange juice after every few bites. She thought about her family, wondering if they could ever taste these delicious French toasts. It wasn't like the soggy kind her mom always end up making. Her mom wasn't a great cook, but her dad was, and the good thing was that she got her dad's wonderful cooking skills and not her mom's. After half an hour of eating in silence, Yura and Hyojin went back to their room to get ready for school. 
 

Yura sat on the sink counter as she brushed her teeth. She always like siting on counters, it always make her feel taller and more confident. "Get off before you fall off," Hyojin squeezed the toothpaste onto her toothbrush and started brushing her teeth as well. 

Yura jumped off and rinsed , "I feel taller siting on the counter." Hyojin chuckled, "Thanks for making me feel even shorter than I am already."
 
Yura changed into her uniform and fixed her hair into a ponytail. She grabbed her bag a walked down the stairs to their small living room. Her hands were freezing cold and she was shaking from nervousness. It was the first full day of school, she was anxious to get her locker and put all her textbooks in there, but she was also worried about where her locker was going to be. In the past few years of school, she always hated where her lockers were, it was like a spell that her locker was meant to be somewhere away from everybody else’s. 
 
Yura looked at the time on her phone. "It's almost time to go!" She shouted at Hyojin who was still in the bathroom preparing for school. "It’s not a fashion show! Plus, you’re wearing a uniform, no one is going to look at you!" 
 
"Yeah they will! It's not like you don't look at others!" Hyojin screamed back from the bathroom. 
 
"I don't!" 
 
"Whatever you say," Hyojin walked out the bathroom and grabbed her bag from the hanger. "But don't let me catch you staring at the pretty boys out there."