A mindless Puppet

Operation: 01134 [Haitus]

 

[Taemin’s P.O.V]
Days went by ever since that test we had to take as well as my encounter with that masked person in the maze. Donghae and I have gotten closer and about 3 days ago, we were allowed to come out of our rooms and go into ones of the rooms that they turned into somewhat of a play room. I never got the chance to see Hye because Leeteuk always told me that there was something wrong with her and that I had to wait. I was tired of waiting, so when I got the chance…I left the room and went back to the room I was told Hye was staying at.
But I had no luck, the door was locked and also there was a sign on the door that read: DO NOT ENTER! I sighed heavily and I turned right back around in the direction of the play room. I was about to go inside when I happen to overhear a private conversation.
“So how is she?”
“She’s doing better than last time. She’s actually becoming easier to control now and it’s a lot less work now.”
“That’s good to hear, so when is she going to be put to the test?”
“I overheard the boss say that she is going to be taken out of the lab and given a special assignment.”
“Nice.”
“Yep, this time…Project F.A.T.E won’t fail.”
What’s project F.A.T.E? And who were they talking about? Is it Hye? No, Leeteuk is keeping an eye on her and I’m sure if they did something to her, he would have told me right away. I am her big brother and I have a right to know what happens to my sister at all costs.
I went back inside the room and found that everyone was huddled together in the center. Being the curious boy I am, I made my way to the front and saw what they were looking at. It was Hye and she looked dead! I went down on one knee and slightly shook her; I saw her body twitch a little and sighed in relief.
“So she isn’t dead after all.” I heard Yoseob say.
“Then why did Eunhyuk say that she was?” Donghae asked. “And more importantly if she was, then why bring a body in here for all of us to see?”
“Who knows, these people are up to something.” Taeyang said. “I mean haven’t you noticed that we haven’t seen this girl for days and now she’s here.”
“True, but what could it mean?” Seungri asked as he got closer to Taeyang.
“Has anyone heard the scientists talk about something called “Project F.A.T.E?” Kyuhyun asked.
“I heard a lot of people talking about it…are you saying that this girl is project F.A.T.E?” Sungmin asked.
“But I thought, that for anyone to become a part of that would need to meet so many qualifications that it’s not even funny.” Yesung said as he cocked his head to the side in wonder.
“If that’s the case then this girl…” Ryeowook started.
“Is our leader.” Dongwoon and Ki Kwang said in unison.
“Just exactly what is Project F.A.T.E ANYWAY?” I asked as I got up from the floor.
“Project F.A.T.E is a powerful human-weapon that has countless abilities that any army, government, or spy can’t defeat. Only one person in the world becomes a part of the project if and when the old one gets destroyed. To become Project F.A.T.E you need immense power, and I mean having all the individual abilities we have and also having the blood of a killing machine that only obeys the orders given to it by its creator.” Donghae explained. “It seems that when we have our missions…we’re going to have to listen to her.”
[Leeteuk’s P.O.V]
STATUS UPDATE: Project F.A.T.E
Subject: Song Hye Gun
Abilities: Supernatural, psychic, speed, music, intelligence, sight, hearing, elemental 
Condition: semi- stable
Heart Rate: Normal
I looked at the computer monitor for Hye’s conditions and it seems that she is almost completely stable except there seems to be something wrong with but I just couldn’t figure out what it was.  The other kids have probably figured out about what happened to her and our thinking long and hard about what’s going to happen to them. At any rate, I need her back in the room so I can give her the physical that she needs. I pulled out a small microphone and placed the headset in my ear and sent a transmission to her collar.
[Song Hye Gun’s P.O.V]
Fate, can you hear me?
Yes, sir
I am going to need you to return to the lab to take your physical
Right away
Can you get up?
Yes, sir 
I opened my eyes slowly and found myself surrounded by boys, one of them was staring at me with sad eyes but I ignored him and got up. I walked past the group and made my way outside the room and then waited to hear what master would say next.
Where do I go?
Keep going straight and make a right at the first turn. Then keep going from there until you see a big white door, if not then I’ll be waiting outside to make it easier for you.
Understood.
I followed my master’s directions as he instructed me too and in no time at all, found the white door with him waiting patiently outside. I went up to him and he opened the door and held it open for me. I walked inside and sat down at the nearest table, waiting for the physical.
[Jonghyun’s P.O.V]
“Jonghyun, I’m going to send you the results from her physical, I’m going to need you to resend it to the other scientists and then show the boss.” Leeteuk said through the phone.
“Ok then.” I said and then waited for the results to show up on the monitor. Within seconds the results showed up. “Got it.”
“Ok, I’m going to have her go to sleep to see if anything improves throughout the day.”
“Alright.” I said and hung up. I looked at the results carefully and noticed why Leeteuk is going to have her sleep.
STATUS UPDATE: Project F.A.T.E
Subject: Song Hye Gun
Abilities: Supernatural, psychic, speed, music, intelligence, sight, hearing, elemental 
Condition: semi- stable
Heart Rate: Normal
Her condition is semi- stable? What could be wrong with her? Is her body not strong enough? Just what is it? What can I do to stabilize her small body? Obviously not a powerful injection. I looked around the room to see if I had anything that could be used to help her and I stumbled upon a vile of green liquid with the label: 03-41-65.
What was that again?
I picked up the phone and called the only person I know who specializes in stuff like this.
“KangIn?”
“Whhaaaatt?”  I heard him groan on the other side.
“Can you tell me what 03-41-65 is?”
“That is a special serum used to improve a person’s body condition, whatever the problem, this will help it.”
“Thanks!” I said and hung up before he could yell at me for bothering him.
I took the serum down from the shelf and quickly made my way over to where Leeteuk was with the girl. I quickly found him and I burst through the door and began yelling very loudly…unaware that Fate was already sleeping in a capsule.
“Jonghyun, really?” Leeteuk asked as he adjusted the capsule settings.
“Sorry, but I need to give you this.” I said and handed him the serum.
“03-41-65? What about it?” he asked.
“KangIn said it was supposed to improve the condition of a person’s body.” I said.
“Ok then, I won’t use a lot because we may need the rest in case something happens.” Leeteuk said and placed a little bit of the serum into the capsule. Only a little bit of the serum and the whole capsule was filled with it. 
We both looked at the monitors and saw that her body structure was indeed improving but we couldn’t get our hopes up. Who knows, something may go wrong and it would be KangIn, Leeteuk’s and my fault that Project F.A.T.E was a failure.
 [Taemin’s P.O.V]
Doojoon, Yoseob and I returned to our rooms long after we all talked about Project F.A.T.E….I didn’t say a word the whole way back and I could sense that the others were uncomfortable.
“Hey, Taemin stop thinking about all that nonsense.” Yoseob said as he pouted.
“Yeah he’s right, you shouldn’t think too much of it.” Doojoon said as he opened the door.
“But that is my sister.” I whined
“Not anymore, now she is the puppet of the boss and she’s our leader.” Yoseob said.
“I refuse to think of her as a puppet as well as a leader of a bunch of weapons like we are.” I said loudly in anger.
“It can’t be helped. Would you rather have it be you that become Project F.A.T.E?” Yoseob asked me in a serious tone
“Yes I would have.” I said without hesitation.
“You know even if it was just you that was here, they would have still found you sister and do the same thing that happened to her now.” Doojoon said as he sat on his bed.
“I don’t care. If I had known that was the reason why I wasn’t allowed to see my sister then I should’ve of put up a bigger fight the first time.” I said and sat on my bed.
This all happened because I didn’t fight as much as I could to keep me and my sister safe and now she has become something that I could never have imagined…A mindless puppet.