Day 2

Operation: 01134 [Haitus]

 

[Taemin’s P.O.V]
“The main hall?” I asked in confusion.
“Great! It better not be another one of his insane ideas that might kill us.” I heard Doojoon say.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Whenever the boss has something to tell us, it’s usually about a new idea he has that he wants to try on us. Not a lot of us actually survive them and we slowly decrease and that’s when he gets more children.” Yoseob said weakly. “In any case we have to go see what he has to say this time.” Yoseob said trying to get on a wheelchair.
Is that why Hye and I are here? Because more experiments keep getting killed?
I got out of bed and walked out the door and found Leeteuk standing outside waiting. He saw the 4 of us and told us to get going; he’ll show us the way to the main hall…it didn’t take long to get there.
Once we got there, we all stood in line with the other experiments; there were only a few adults that actually stood next to one of the other kids.
“Alright, as you are aware…I created this lab so that I may create the perfect human-weapons known to the world. But each time I have a brilliant idea, my precious children get killed and so this time I decided to do a little simulation.” He began. “So I will let Dr. Eunhyuk demonstrate for all of you what it is I’m talking about.”
“Thank you, for this demonstration I am going to use Kyuhyun as my partner. Kyuhyun, can you come over here please?”
“Ummm Kyuhyun isn’t feeling well.” I heard someone say.
“Fine then, I’ll use Donghae instead.” He said and I saw the boy next to me hesitate a little bit and walked up to the man and I could see that he was very afraid about what would happen. “Now then, I’m going to inject him with this serum and then I’m going to place him in the simulator room.” The man said and he held onto the boy’s arm and injected him with a blue liquid. Then he opened a door and placed him inside it, a big screen was then being projected to us so we can see what would happen and we all got scared.
[Leeteuk’s P.O.V]
Donghae doesn’t appear too well, I don’t think his body will be able to hold up against whatever it was put into him. Wait a minute! What’s going on with his skin?
Donghae’s skin began to turn blue and his eyes changed to the color of tainted blood. Fangs began to appear, and claws were growing…
I thought more was going to happen but everything just stopped. Donghae stood completely still and that’s when Eunhyuk pressed a button and the testing robots appeared but this time they were modified. 
They had more weapons and the armor was a lot stronger so it was harder to break through. The robots began to close in on Donghae….he wasn’t fazed by anything, nothing at all.
Soon one of the robots made the first strike but Donghae wasn’t even there. Where did he go? I can’t even see him. But I spoke too soon when I saw Donghae behind the robots and clawed right through the armor. But he wasn’t done there, once he was through with one, he went after the others but in a more aggressive way.
Donghae DESTROYED the robots without any trouble and that actually scared me.
[Jonghyun’s P.O.V]
HOLY COW!! HOW THE? JUST WHAT IS THAT SERUM ANYWAY?? I stared in shock at the devastation that little Donghae made. I couldn’t even say anything and neither could the other scientists.
“By the way, that was only the prototype.” The boss said.
“ARE YOU SERIOUS??” Hangen yelled.
“I’m very serious, the real one has yet to be perfected, and I just needed to see what effect the prototype would have.”
Just how low is this man going to go? This is madness! I was getting very angry and I was about to tell him off when Minho stopped me.
“There is no point in getting yourself in trouble. I’m sure Donghae will be fine if it’s just a prototype.” Minho reassured me.
“You’re right, sorry.” I said.
“It’s okay; you were just getting emotional again.” Minho said and lightly kissed my cheek.
[Taemin’s P.O.V]
And they are going to inject us with that too?! OK that’s not okay with me! That boy looked like he was in a lot of pain the entire time I watched him. Soon the boy collapsed on the ground and he returned to normal, but his fingers were bruised up from what he just did. The man who put him inside took him out and he left the hall with a worried expression, I don’t think he liked watching that either.
“Now, that was all I wanted to show you so you may all return to your normal routines.”
With that, everyone left the main hall and that night, I had a hard time sleeping.
-THE NEXT DAY-
I woke up in my bed groggily and saw that Hye wasn’t next to me. I was about to panic when I remembered that today was her turn to get tested. I hope she’s okay without me there with her. I waited patiently for her to come back and it drove me mad because it was hours before she came back in the room with a book in her hand.
“So what happened to you Hye?” I asked running towards her.
“Well they tested me for a while and they had me sing for them. And then something happened while I was singing…the mean robots stopped attacking me depending on what song I would sing and they would listen to everything I said.” Hye said.
“And what about the book?”
“They gave it to me.”
“Why?”
“They said it was for my next test, to use the songs in here and apply it to an instrument.”
“So that means you’re going to be a music-type weapon.” Doojoon said as he came over to us.
“Music-type?” Hye and I asked in unison.
“There are different types of assassins. Depending on what you are best at, they use that to train you and seeing as how you sing…you are going to be the music type.” Yoseob continued.
“So what are you guys?” I asked.
“Well, we’re the music-types as well but for now the doctors are trying to see if they can find something else we could use. They also want variety which is why they want you to play an instrument.” Doojoon said
“What are the types?” I asked.
“Stealth, speed, music, intelligence, sight, hearing, elemental, supernatural, psychic, and of course there are the clone-types.” Yoseob said as he went down the list with his fingers.
“Clone-types?” Hye asked in confusion “What is that?”
“I guess that is more directed at twins. They use twins to fulfill certain tasks that one person can’t do on his own. Twins are really rare here, we used have a pair but they went upstairs. I also heard that they plan to create a replica of one of us.” Doojoon said looking at me and Hye. “But it could also be a lie, you could never know.”
[Leeteuk’s P.O.V]
“Leeteuk, that girl in there…” KangIn began.
“What about her?” I asked.
“Do you think that she’ll be the one we’re looking for?”
“You mean the one for the clone-type?” I asked in confusion.
“Yeah.”
“I don’t think so…I mean sure to be a clone-type you need the musical asset but there is more to it and she isn’t a twin.”
“True, but remember Project: F.A.T.E?”
“Yes.” I sighed.
“Once that girl has the right qualifications, we are going to clone her.”
“Fine then.”
[Jonghyun’s P.O.V]
Once again, I looked at the tapes from the morning tests and paid attention to the new girl and what she could do. To be honest, I keep getting surprised! These two new recruits have already unlocked their hidden talents on the first try! What is going here?
This time I called the boss and told him about both children instead of running like mad to his office.
“Boss, do you know what these kids are capable of?” I asked.
“Yes I do, which is why they are here.”
“But how did you know?”
“I went to that girl’s concert recital and noticed that the audience was quiet and their eyes showed no emotion. When the song was over, the girl did something with her hands that captivated the audience and they cheered for her without knowing. Also when everyone was leaving, they all talked about how they felt like she was the only girl there and that she was pulling them into her world”
“Then what about the boy?”
“I saw his team in one of the matches and saw something rather unusual about him.”
“What was it?” I asked.
“He was going much faster than the others but no one seemed to notice it. Also when he kicked the ball into the goal…I saw lightning form around him and the energy passed through the ball. Causing the ball to go through the net but not far enough that the ball disappeared.”
“You put a lot of thought into recruiting these kids haven’t you?”
“Of course, I only hand pick the best kids that will make me the most powerful man alive!” the boss said in a menacing voice.
[Taemin’s P.O.V]
So we are categorized into the different types according to what we can do? I wonder where I’m going to be put in because I don’t think there’s a category for me.
I looked over at Hye who was showing her book to Doojoon and Yoseob, she doesn’t look scared anymore, I guess the testing wasn’t rough on her because she looks fine to me. But that changed when I saw something on her back.
“Hye can you come over here please?”
“What is it oppa?” she asked as she came over here.
“Turn around for me.”
“Ok.” She did as I asked and I looked at her back again.
“Did you get hurt in the room?” I asked.
“I don’t think so; no one touched me… why?” Hye asked.
“Because, I see a mark on your back. And it wasn't there before.”
“What does it look like?”
“It looks like a----“
“Like a biohazard symbol.” Doojoon said as he came over and looked.
“What does that mean?” I asked.