Ch. 7 Eventful Day

The Little Merman

Luhan opened his eyes to a wide-eyed Kyungsoo staring at him. Blinking his sat up and rubbed his eyes. Feeling a tingling sensation down where his tail was. He reached down and gently rubbed his leg.

‘Wait. Leg?!’

Kicking his foot up into the air he smiled happily when he realized that his tail had been replaced by two legs.

“L-Luhan?” Kyungsoo softly called. “What.. what’s going on?”

Luhan opened his mouth to speak when he realized that he could no longer speak. He attempted to explain with his hands only to fall back into the water.

“Alright alright never mind. You can explain later. You can explain later right?”

Luhan nodded.

Kyungsoo was about to ask another question, but was interrupted when a bark was heard. Dipping underwater Kyungsoo watched from afar. Luhan was startled as the dog from the ship launched himself on top of him. He was pelted with and kisses as he tried to push the dog off. Finally managing the standup he climbed up onto a rock and pulled his knees up to his chest.

“Yah Baekhyun! Where did you go? Baekhyun! Baek- Oh. Umm hello.”

Sehun’s eyes widened as he saw his dog pouncing around a boy. He was beautiful with large chocolate brown eyes that reminded him of a deer. His hair was slightly damp and wavy from the sea salt. When he locked eyes with Sehun he smiled and his face lit up.

“Have we met before?” Sehun asked as he slowly walked over to Luhan.

Pulling his knees closer to his chest he nodded shyly.

“We have? Where?” Sehun asked as his heart soared. He seemed so familiar and so soothing.

Luhan opened his mouth to answer but found that no sound came out. Looking down sadly he buried his face in his knees.

Disappointed Sehun looked down. “Oh you can’t speak. I see.” Noticing how sad the boy looked he put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “Hey now. It’s alright.”

Luhan looked up and smiled. He jumped down from the rock and wrapped Sehun in a big hug.

Sehun was surprised at first, but then felt the warmth of the boy and returned the hug. Looking down he realized that he was he blushed and pushed him away. Looking hurt Luhan pouted and tugged on Sehun’s shirt.

“Sorry, but let’s get you dressed first. Alright?”

Nodding Luhan smiled again and let Sehun drape his jacket over him.

Sehun, Luhan, and Baekhyun headed off to the palace.

 

Luhan giggled as another bubbled popped in front of his eyes.

“My who is this adorable little boy?”

“Just look at those eyes! They look just like a dolls.”

The maids cooed and fussed over Luhan who was more than content playing with the bubbles.

Sehun stood talking to his advisor.

“Sir, do you think it’s wise to take in some random stranger you just met on the beach?”

“It’s fine. He’s harmless.”

“But sir.”

“Please. Don’t question me. I know what I’m doing.”

A maid entered.

“Excuse me. Prince, your friend is ready.”

“Fantastic. Bring him in at once.”

The maid passed through the doorway again pulling an amazed Luhan behind her. He was how clean and seemed to sparkle. He was dressed in a loose, white, button up shirt and khaki pants. The colors just seemed to accentuate his honey blonde hair. Sehun felt his jaw drop. Luhan just stood shyly in front of Sehun as he played with his fingers.

“Sir?” Sehun’s advisor snapped him from his trance.

“You look nice. All clean right?” Sehun said as he walked over to Luhan and played with the ends of his hair.

Nodding Luhan smiled at Sehun. He turned a bright pink when his stomach growled.

“Haha you must be hungry huh. Well dinner should be served shortly.”

Taking Luhan’s hand, Sehun led him to the table where he sat him down. Luhan nervously looked around unsure what to do. His eyes lit up when he saw the advisor pull out his pipe.

“Hmm? Do you smoke?” handing the pipe to Luhan he found himself soon covered in black soot as Luhan blew into the pipe.

Sehun burst out laughing at the sight.

Luhan looked confused as a servant came and took the pipe away from him. Dinner was served and Luhan was once again left confused. He looked down and noticed a dinglehopper. Taking his he began to comb through his hair. He stopped at shyly put it down when Sehun and the advisor stared at him in confusion. Finishing dinner Sehun decided that he would take Luhan on a tour of his kingdom.

“Would you like that? Do you want to see my kingdom?”

Luhan nodded his head furiously and Sehun thought about how much it reminded him of his dog Baekhyun. Laughing he led him down the carriage. In the village Luhan seemed constantly amazed by what he saw. He played with toys, ate food, danced, and learned as Sehun showed him around. Sehun couldn’t remember the last time he had had so much fun. The sun started to dip below the horizon as the boarded a small boat. Slowly rowing through the water Sehun began to talk to Luhan. Beside the boat swam Kyungsoo.

“So I don’t even know your name. Why don’t I guess, is it…. Kyuhyun?” Luhan shook his head. “Baekho?” Again Luhan shook his head. “What about Shindong?” Luhan stuck out his tongue as he furiously shook his head. “Haha alright not that one. Hmmm”

“Luhan. His name is Luhan.” Kyungsoo whispered into the prince’s ear.

“Luhan?”

At the sound of his name Luhan furiously shook his head up and down.

“Luhan. Your name is Luhan. That’s a very handsome name.”

Blushing Luhan stuck his hand over the side of the boat and played with the water.

“Luhan. I’ve had so much fun with you. I can’t remember the last time I laughed so much. You make me very happy.” Taking Luhan’s hand in his own, Sehun stared into Luhan’s eyes.

Sehun felt his heart flutter as Luhan’s eyes sparkled in the moonlight. He was truly the most beautiful person Sehun had every laid eyes on.

Luhan felt his breath catch in his throat as Sehun leaned in closer and close. He closed his eyes and waited for the sweet touch of Sehun’s lips against his own.

Unfortunately he was disappointed as the boat dipped over sending him face first into the water.

Coughing and sputtering he was helped by Sehun as they both climbed out of the water.

“Don’t worry. I’ve got you.” Sehun reassured Luhan.

With the moment ruined, the two boarded the carriage again and headed back to the castle.