Ch. 5 Destruction

The Little Merman

Back at the palace, Luhan lay in his bed thinking of the prince he had rescued. Little did he know that on land, Sehun was also thinking of his rescuer. Both were desperate to meet the person that they couldn’t seem to forget about. Luhan was snapped for his daydreaming by a knock on the door. A smiling Kyungsoo entered.

“Luhan! Come quick. I have a surprise for you.”

Curious, Luhan followed Kyungsoo to his grotto.

“Kyungsoo what are we doing here?”

“You’ll see just go inside.”

Slipping through the entrance, Luhan cautiously entered. His eyes widened at what he saw before him. Resting beside his rock was the statue of Sehun still in perfect condition. Swimming over he simply stared in awe.

“Kyungsoo… how did you? Where did you? This is incredible!”

Giggling like a school girl Luhan swam around the statue.

“Well hello there Prince Sehun. Oh? Call you Sehun? Well alright then Sehun.”

Kyungsoo just shook his head at his love-struck friend.

A loud gasp was heard from the entrance of the cave. Luhan and Kyungsoo both spun around to find a jaw-dropped Suho standing at the mouth.

“How did you.. what is this place? What’s going on?!”

“Please Suho. Let me explain. This is my special place.”

“It is very SPECIAL indeed.” Suho said with a warning tone to his voice. “Let’s just hope his majesty never finds out about it. It would be very bad.”

“It would be very bad indeed.” A voice boomed from behind. Suho spun around to face a seething King.

“Luhan. I warned you about the dangers of the human world. I told you that it was forbidden yet you went behind my back and created this.. this disgusting place.”

“Please. You don’t understand. They’re good humans. They aren’t all evil.”

“Well I’m not going to wait for you to be mounted on a wall to find out if that’s true or not.”

Noticing the state that Luhan was guarding he became even more furious.

“What is this?! Who is this human?!”

“This is Sehun. He’s the human I saved last night.”

“Human? Saved?! He saw you?!”

Kris was furious. Taking his trident it began to glow a firey red. A beam shot from the end destroying some of the gadgets on the walls.

“Stop! Kris! What are you doing?!” Luhan cried out.

Kris ignored him and continued to fire at the other items leaving them as nothing, but piles of dust. Luhan grabbed his arm in protest.

“Stop! No more!”

The statue of Sehun caught Kris’s eye and he aimed toward it with him trident. Realizing what he was about to do Luhan tried to stop him, but was too late. The beam made contact with the statue, crumbling it to pieces. Luhan collapsed to his knees (or fish knees… idk how does that work?). Kris started to swim away, but not before giving Luhan a pitiful look.

“Luhan. I’m sorry I didn’t know..” Kyungsoo started.

“Just go away. Leave me alone.” Luhan whispered.

Realizing that he was in no mood to talk Kyungsoo just swam after the king. Luhan lay on his rock. He was so busy being sad that he didn’t even notice the two eels that had begun to circle him. Snapping his head up he gave them a look of disgust.

“You poor thing. We saw what happened. You must be upset.” The two eels said as they switched between each other’s sentences.

“Who are you? What do you want?” Luhan demanded as he wiped his eyes.

“We’re friends. We only want to help. In fact, we know someone who can give you everything that you’ve ever wanted.” The eels cooed as the circled around Luhan brushing his tail and stomach.

Resisting the urge to push them away Luhan urged them to continue.

“Go on.”

“Follow us.” They said with a grin as the started off.

Luhan hesitated before giving in and swimming after them.