Ch. 10 Happy Ending

The Little Merman

Sehun squinted as water pelted his face. He gasped when he saw a large creature standing in the water. As he was dragged into the whirlpool he spotted Luhan at the bottom. Unfortunately, Tao also so Luhan and began to shoot lightning at him. Luhan dodged the first shot, but the second grazed his tail.

Crying out in pain he dragged himself by his arms trying to find shelter.

Sehun felt anger boil inside of him. Using all of his strength he turned the ship in Tao's direction. The end of the ship plunged into Tao's side and he cried out. Black blood spilled into the sea and lighting crackled. A streak flew down and blew the ship into pieces throwing Sehun into the water. Luhan saw him falling and despite his injury he rushed to save him.

Tao felt his body boiling from the inside out. He had shrunk back to normal size and was slowly sinking to the bottom of the ocean. He felt dizzy and sick from the pain.

Kris was released from his restraints and saw Tao slowly decending down. Gently swimming up he caught Tao in his arms.

"Kris." Tao breathed softly. Weakly, he lifted his hand to touch Kris' cheek. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for all of this to happen. I was just so hurt, so sad, I couldn't believe that you left me."

"Tao. I'm sorry too. This is my fault. I lied to you for my father. He threated to kill you if I didn't marry the girl. It was to join the kingdoms, not because I loved her. I've only ever loved you."

Tao smiled as a tear slid down his cheek. "That's all I've ever wanted. I've also only ever loved you. Thank you for telling me. At least I can die happy."

"You're not going to die! You can't die!" Kris cried even though he knew that it was too late.

They were both now at the ocean floor and Tao was turning cold. Kris embraced Tao and cried.

Tao knew that his time had come and gently squeezed Kris' hand.

"Can you... kiss me...one...last...time?"

Kris bit his lip and nodded, leaning down he gently touched his lips to Tao's until he felt Tao's last breath leave his body.

Breaking free, he looked down at Tao's lifeless body. All of his emotions came bursting to the surface and he cried.

 

On the surface. Luhan had managed to drag Sehun to land. He was currently laying next to him on the sand trying to get over the pain of his wound. He struggled to sit up and looked down. Scales on his tail were missing and others were charred exposing pink flesh. He reached for some seaweed and pressed it against his wound. It burned and he cried out. Tears leaked from the sides of his eyes as he squeezed them shut. He only opened them when he felt a hand on top of his own.

Opening his eyes, he found himselff looking into Sehun's worried ones.

"Sehun. You're awake" Luhan smiled. "Are you hurt?"

Luhan frowned, "I'm fine. You're the one who's hurt." Sehun gentle removed the seaweed and grimaced at the sight.

Putting his hand on Sehun's Luhan smiled, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

Sehun sat back in the sand, "I can't believe it was you all along. I knew it was you deep down, but something was preventing me from acting on what I knew. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I couldn't talk anyways. I couldn't have made you happy."

Sehun sat up and grabbed Luhan's face. "Luhan. Whether you're blind, deaf, or mute, I will always been happy with you. In fact, I will always love you."

Luhan blushed, "You...you love me?"

Sehun didn't answer and instead leaned in to kiss Luhan. After a few seconds he broke away and found Luhan dazed and bright red.

They only broke out of their love daze when they heard someone clearing their throat. Head snapping out to the sea, Luhan paled when he saw his father watching them with crossed arms.

"Father!" Luhan stuggled to get into the water and winced when his injury was filled with salt water.

Kris saw this and rushed forward. "No Luhan. Stay on land." he said as he helped Luhan back to the sea.

"Please father. I'm sorry. Please don't kick me out."

Kris raised his hand to silence Luhan. "I meant, stay on land with your friend over there."

Luhan stared back dumbly.

"As a human."

Luhan's face lit up and he smiled. "Do you mean that father?! I can stay with Sehun."

"Yes. It would be cruel of me to make you stay somewhere you don't belong." Dipping his tip of his trident in the water, a trail of gold flew towards Luhan. Luhan's lower half was covered in gold and his tail split apart again.

Sehun watched as Luhan rose from the water walking on his own two legs which were covered in a sparkling pale blue pair of pants.

Running forward, Sehun grabbed Luhan in a hug and spun him in a circle sending water droplets flying.

Turning towards Kris who watched them from afar, he bowed.

Kris nodded in return and slipping back into the ocean.

Sehun and Luhan were married the next day.

They kissed under a rainbow, a gift from Kris, and made sure that everyone, merfolk and humans, were present. After the ceremony, they watched the sunset together. This time without any fear of Luhan sprouting a tail, and with the reassurance that they would watch many more together.

 

GRAHHH! Finally done! This is the first fanfic that I've completed. Hope you enjoyed. Sorry I just lost motivation for this and then randomly decided to pick it up again. Well now it's done.

Feel free to still comment and upvote. Let me know if you have any requests and check out of other stories.

Love you all!

XOXO

 

"