Ch. 1 Shipwreck

The Little Merman

Gliding through the water was a tail of teal and green. The scales that cover it shimmer in the light of the sun. Luhan smiled and couldn’t help but feel pleasure as he slid with ease through the soft liquid of the ocean. Struggling to keep up behind him was the flounder Kyungsoo.

“L-Luhan! Wait for me!”

“Hahaha come on Kyungsoo! You’re so slow.”

Kyungsoo continued attempting to keep up. He felt the water grow cold as the sun was covered by large rocks. Feeling uncomfortable he slowed his pace and looked cautiously around.

“L-Luhan I have a bad feeling about this place.

From far away he heard Luhan’s voice calling for him to follow. Reluctantly he continued. As he turned a corner he stopped and gasped at what he saw. Standing in front of him was a shipwreck. It seemed to be quite old and damaged as if a storm had torn it apart and it to the bottom of the sea. Kyungsoo spotted Luhan standing in front of it and went to his side.

“Isn’t it beautiful?”

“I guess if you think creepy and gross are beautiful then yes it’s very beautiful.” Kyungsoo said sarcastically.

“Let’s go inside.” Luhan said starting towards one of the portholes.

“No thank you. I think we should go home.”

“You don’t need to come. You can stand watch for sharks.” Luhan said smirking before disappearing inside of the hole.

“Alright that sounds good. I’ll wait out here and watch for… SHARKS?! Luhan wait for me!”

Squeezing after Luhan, Kyungsoo was amazed at what he saw inside. Old clothes, rusted artifacts, and corpses littered the floor of the ship. Luhan was digging through some drawers and putting things into his bag.

“Luhan we should really go soon. We aren’t allowed to be in places like this. Places where… humans…. Have been.”

“Don’t be such a baby.” Luhan said ignoring Kyungsoo and swimming over to another area of the ship.

Movement out of the corner of Kyungsoo’s eye cause his heart to skip a beat.

“L-luhan I think something’s out there.”

“Nothing is there Kyungsoo. I’m almost done, be patient.”

Slowly heading to look out of a porthole Kyungsoo turned to Luhan.

“You’re lucky that I’m such a brave friend. I bet none of the other fish would come out here with you.”

Luhan laughed. “You’re right. You are really brave. Thank you for keeping me safe.”

Feeling satisfied with himself Kyungsoo turned around and looked out of the porthole again. His eyes widened when he found himself eye to eye with a shark.

“L-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-luhan!!!!” Kyungsoo sputtered out.

“Aish what is it this time??” Luhan said in frustration.

“SHARK!!!!”

Spinning around Luhan grabbed Kyungsoo just as she shark burst through the side of the ship. Swimming down the lower level Luhan tried to hide from the shark only to find that it simply broke anything standing in its way. Kyungsoo dangled from Luhan’s grasp paralyzed with fear. Rolling his eyes in annoyance Luhan continued to swim away from the shark. Making his way back up the upper level he headed toward the nearest porthole. Just as he was heading that direction his bag caught on a jagged piece of wood. Tossing Kyungsoo at the porthole he went back for his bag. Snapping out of his daze Kyungsoo yelling at Luhan.

“Yah! Paboya! Leave the bag!”

Ignoring Kyungsoo Luhan rushed to get his bag. The shark burst through the floor and headed at Luhan. Kyungsoo covered his eyes. When he opened them, Luhan was headed towards him with is bag. Slipping through the porthole just before the shark burst through, they started to swim away. Unfortunately the shark was faster than they were in the open water. Luhan barely managed to dodge the last charge as the shark’s teeth caught his arm. Swimming faster he looked around desperately for something that could be used against the shark. Spotting nothing he continued to swim. He almost hit his head on the top of a metal ring that was sticking out of the ground. Fortunately for them the shark was dumb enough to follow them and ended up getting stuck. Staring at the shark Luhan and Kyungsoo just sat in silence. They finally turned to look at each other and burst into laughter. Smiling to themselves they swam back to the palace.