Next Stop Korea and a Promise

Because She Left Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This will be good . . . I promise, this is better than staying here.” She told me, but her words didn’t phase me anymore.

            “Good for me or easier for you.” I said.  She hesitated thinking out her next words thoroughly.  I turned back to the scene I was facing the airport on a one-way trip to South Korea.

            “Good for the both of us.” I turned back towards her I had never felt more betrayal from another person than from her, my own mother didn’t trust me and was too afraid to even care about my happiness.  Then again all my happiness died a long time ago . . . I guess I can’t blame her.

 

 

1 month ago

 

            “No I don’t want to go if you can remember I do still have a life here!” I couldn’t believe she was doing this to me she didn’t even ask me if I wanted to go.

            “You’ll be with Yuri, she’ll take care of you while you’re in Korea I thought you would like that . . .” She looked down staring at her shoes as if they were the most interesting in the entire world. “You can start over and leave this behind—”

            “What if I don’t want to leave this behind?” Her face suddenly changed and morphed into something else.

            “Anna, you need to because I said so.  I’m giving you one month to say goodbye and get your affairs in order then you leave for Korea.”  She turned around but froze as if remembering something. "L.joe will be there too." She said back still facing me.  I froze at her words.

            One month that’s wonderful.  One month to pack up my pitiful life and move it half way across the world.  Trust me I have nothing against Korea I love going there I even learned the language it was my third language actually and I loved living there.  But we are talking about moving there to start a new life when I can barely manage the one I already have. 

            “Technically it’s not starting a new life in the first place if I’m living with my old friends in Korea, smart one.” I was more paniced at the fact that L.joe would be there.

            “Maybe they will teach you your manners as well.”

            “Well as long as there is no you there I think I can manage.  In fact that’s the only good thing I’m getting out of this is not having to see you everyday."

           

            

            “You shouldn’t have done that to that older woman.”  Yuri scolded.

            “I could tell, she got very surprised and uncomfortable when I talked back to her even though I’m younger than you.”  Of course I didn’t care I was American, a foreigner this is not how I grew up, and it wasn’t like I was ever going to see that woman again anyways.

            “Although I know it’s different in America, was it necessary to do that Korean hand gesture?”  L.joe asked.

            “Yes it was one hundred percent necessary, except in my country you only ever use one hand gesture to make sure someone knows you’re pissed.  You should know this L.joe.”

             L.joe grinned at me, while Yuri looked on confused and shook her head.

            “Is it true in America that you guy’s are very rude to each other all the time.” Yuri asked.

            “Wwwwweeeeeelllllll, we get easily offende

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter