Chapter 5 ~~~

Is it possible for a happy ending ??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The drive to the house became awkward. Kris didn’t know how to explain everything to Ling. On the other side, Ling was mad to Kris for lying to her. She pretended nothing happen during the dinner with her in-law, but Kris didn’t try to explain everything to her. After a few minutes, they arrived at their house. Ling opened the car’s door and slammed it. Kris really shocked with her attitude. His lovely wife usually a kind and feminine woman. He knew he has made a mistake.

She climbed the stairs to the master bedroom. Kris followed her and when he opened the bedroom’s door, he found Ling sat on the bed and he could see tears escaped from her eyes. When he saw the tears, he felt bad because he was the one behind that tears. He kneeled before her and held her hands.

“You lied to me”, Ling said and tried to prevent more tears to fall.

“I’m sorry, baby. Let me explain everything”, Kris said and tried to wipe her tears.

“Then explain now”.

“fine .. Amy and I were childhood friend. She visited me all the time. I didn’t know if she had a feeling toward me. I just think her as a little sister. When her parents asked her to study abroad, she asked me to promise that I would marry her when she came back. Aunty asked me to persuade her so I promised her. I thought she would forget the promise we made since it was just a silly promise kids made”, he explained.

Kris afraid that Ling would be angry to him, but he heard her chuckled.

“What ? Is that funny ?”

“Kris made a promise. I wonder what you looked like when you’re younger”.

“Hey, don’t laugh. That’s not funny. I thought you’re angry”.

“Sorry, I’m just upset you lied to me. You should tell me the truth and I’ll understand. Silly”, Ling smiled at him.

“So , we’re okay ?”, Kris pouted.

“Yes, we are”, she chuckled again and pecked his lips. “Now, I’m tired. Let’s get ready to sleep”.

“Fine. Sorry for lying to you. I love you”, he kissed her forehead and went to the toilet to get ready to sleep. *I should tell her the truth from the first time*, he smiled.

 

On the next day, an invitation came. It was an invitation from the Liu’s household. Amy invited Kris and the other EXO-M to her house for a reunion. That was what the invitation card said. Ling didn’t know if she should attend the event of not, but Kris asked her to come with him, so she decided to come.

The Liu’s house is a beautiful house. They had a big garden full of flowers. When Ling and Kris arrived, they could hear a laughter from inside the house. EXO-M already there. Then, the two of them walked to the front porch of the house. A middle-aged woman welcomed them and lead them to the living room.

“Duizhang is here”, Tao said when he saw Kris and Ling walked inside the living room. Standing beside him was Hani. The two of them always together since Tao proposed her.

When Amy heard that Kris arrived, she ran toward him and held his arm. “Kris-gege. You’re arrived. We’ve been waiting for you. Come in”, after talked to Kris, she realized he came with his wife. She eyed Ling and put a smile. The smile looked like a fake smile. “Hi, I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself properly when we first met. My name is Amy and I’m Kris’ friend”. After introduced herself to Ling, she dragged Kris to sit beside her.

Ling knew she shouldn’t come here. She felt hurt when she saw Kris happily chatted with his friends beside Amy, but she said to herself that Amy just missed him. She should understand her. Hani felt the uneassines, she walked toward Ling and asked her to sit with her. They chatted with Mei Xiang about her future baby. A moment later, Ling excused herself to the toilet. Amy offered herself to lead the way, Ling just thought that she had no intention to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter