the choi jonghun that i know

Years Later [oneshots]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Once upon a day, FT Island had an interview.

 

 

-Lee Hongki, main vocalist of FT Island-

 

People mistook me a lot as a leader, while in fact it's actually Jonghun's role. But he never bragged much about it. Even after all these years, I never really sure what's on his mind every time people did that. He's not really the type to nag or complain, he prefers to save it all for himself. And I know I said a lot that he's not the Jung-Yunho-from-DBSK type of leader, but I do respect him as he is.

 

He has his own way to tell us what to do and what not. I remember that one afternoon after our usual magazine interview, it seemed like I had spoiled a little too many facts. Later he didn't talk much, but he kept ignoring me all day until I couldn't take it anymore and asked him, "What's wrong?". He just said, "Nothing. But I won't pay attention to your blabbering until you realized what kind of trouble you could've caused with that little mouth of yours."

 

That wasn't a deadly accusation or what, but I got the point right away that I've done something wrong. Since then I always try to pay more attention to every single word I want to say.

 

He's also not very good with words. When he tried to say something funny, instead of filled with laughters, the atmosphere always turns awkward. The funny thing is, that unfortunate trait of him could magically disappear in front of the ladies. It's not incorrect that fans addressed him as a cheesy flirt. Seriously, he is the biggest womanizer I've ever met. I don't mean to show off anything, but even I, Lee Hongki, who's far more popular than him in terms of idolatry, could never beat his records of the number of woman have ever dated.

 

 

-Lee Jaejin, bassist and vocalist of FT Island-

 

It's not a common thing to have two different people who took the role as the leader and the front man in a group, especially a band. As Hongki is usually a better talker and he also happen to be a vocalist, naturally people tend to think that Hongki is the leader. I was once wondered myself, why did they choose Jonghun as the leader, instead of Hongki (or me, haha). But as the years goes by and I got to know both of them better, I could understand it better.

 

To be a leader, they choose the person who's more level-headed and has calmer manner. That's important for a group of energetic and hot-tempered kid; they need a person who's able to tamper down the atmosphere when things goes too uncontrollable. Also, to be able to take care of every single person in the group, a leader has to be a person who's always there and ready. Jonghun may doesn't talk a lot, nor that he is bossy or demanding, but he was the only one in the group with the ability to listen well.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter