ferris wheel

Years Later [oneshots]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Pssst, Minari!"

 

Something poked him from behind. He turned back and couldn't recognized the caller. He thought he must be imagining things again.

 

"Pssst, yah! Choi Minhwan!"

 

"Yah! Who the heck is that?" He groaned angrily and finally saw Hongki a few steps behind. "What?" He mouthed. Hongki motioned something like he need to come closer.

 

"What is it Minari?" asked Jaejin.

 

"Uh, no--I think I need to go to the toilet. You go first hyung!"

 

Jaejin shrugged and proceeded to the snack bar. "Two large bags of butter caramel popcorn please", he said to the counter girl.

 

He sighed. "Of all places, why should we spend the spare time in the amusement park? Full with couples and kids… it's too crowded. Besides there's nothing fun about riding those stupid things like roller coaster… or ferris wheel..."

 

 

 

*flashback to a month earlier*

 

"Jaejin-ah, can we ride the ferris wheel?"

 

Jaejin's eyes bulged. He glanced at the huge sparkling wheel in front of him. "F-ferris wheel? U-um, Hyemi-ah, isn't that a little bit, too high? Why don't we just ride..." his eyes looked around frantically, "...the carousel? Or the spinning cup?"

 

"Carousel?!" Hyemi furrowed her eyebrows, "Noo~ That thing is too crowded. And I always get dizzy every time I ride that spinning cup, so, no."

 

"But, don't you get dizzy with the ferris wheel too? I mean, that thing is spinning too! Not to mention, it could get soo high…"

 

"Then what should we try? A roller coaster?"

 

"Nooo~! Absolutely not. I would never ever ride that thing. Not in a million years…"

 

"Aish, why are you so troublesome?" Hyemi started to get annoyed. "Alright, no matter what you're saying, I am riding the ferris wheel. You coming or not, that's up to you," she stomped past Jaejin angrily.

 

*5 minutes later*

 

"Aww~ you finally agree to come with me. Look! Amazing isn't it, the view from up here? This is nothing we could get from riding that silly cup or the colorful horses in the carousel. And on top of that, we finally get to be alone, just the two of us, isn't it romantic?"

 

Silence.

 

"Jaejin ah, why are you so silent? Are you sleeping? Jae--Jaejin-ah! Wake up! Yah! Don't faint!"

 

 

 

*present time*

 

"Seriously, sometimes I wonder if they have a twelve year old brain inside those heads. Heh, I always know that I am practically the brightest among them, but still--"

 

"Hyung!"

 

"Ah, minari, I already bought the popcorn, butter caramel isn't--hey, what's wrong?"

 

Minhwan's face looked troubled. "Hyung, I think I need to show you something,"

 

"What is it? Why so serious all of a sudden?"

 

Minhwan doesn't answer. He paced back and forth, "I--I can't explain… just, you have to see it yourself, hyung, come on." He turned back and lead the way.

 

"What? W-wait! Minari, what happened? Is it something urgent? Somebody got hurt? What happened??"

 

"Hyung, there's no time, we have to hurry up," Minhwan answered shortly and fasten his pace. He eventually started to run, until he suddenly stopped in front of the ferris wheel, followed shortly by Jaejin.

 

"Minhwan-ah," Jaejin panted, "What is it?"

 

Minhwan pointed at the ferris wheel, "There, hyung, look,"

Please log in to read the full chapter