years later

Years Later [oneshots]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Cheeers!!"

 

We toss up our glasses and drink the whole drinks in one gulp. Life's good. This ten years; when I think back at how far we've gone, up till now, I still can't believe how we made it.

 

As if he can read my mind, Seunghyun pats me on the back lightly, "So, can't believe we've made it this far, huh?"

 

I smile at him. His bright face is red from the alcohol already. We all know that he has low tolerance of alcohol and we usually never let him sips even just one drop. But it's a special night after all. And we didn't bring our car so none of us will be driving on the way back home.

 

Home. That sounds weird in my ears. All this time, I used to live with four of them in our dorm and I was used to think that it was home. Even now that they let us to live separately, we still spend a day or two each week to sleepover. Ugh, not the pillow-war-and-manicure-each-other kind of sleepover for sure. We just need some bonding moments like the good old times. Though we're still pretty much being part of each other's live, none of us ever said this but, we're lonely on our own.

 

Hongki hyung's phone rang. After seeing the caller id he happily picks it up.

 

"Ne, I'm still in the noraebang with the kids… Of course… Yeah, yeah, I won't be… Jeongmal, I promised you already… Ne, I'll see you at home… Love you too…"

 

We laugh at how cheesy he sounded. He's always been like this since he lived with her. Always in lovey dovey mood anytime we saw them together. I always wonder why they don't just marry each other already. We're not even idol anymore so it's not like we should be afraid of fans (or rather, antifans) or anything.

 

"Yeohee again?" Jonghun hyung asks him. "Ugh what time is it? Should we go home already?"

 

"Ah, hyung, don't be such a party pooper!" Jaejin hyung pouts. "It's only twelve o'clock! Even teenagers would laugh at us if we go home this early!!"

 

Seunghyun joins his hyung. "Yea, hyung! We should not go home this early! In fact, we should not go home at all!" He sways and collapses to the ground while reaching for the microphone. Jason Mraz's song is playing and it's one of his favourite.

 

"Aigoo, look who's saying! You can't even drink a glass! Look at your face! See, how many fingers I have?" Hongki hyung puts his finger in front of him.

 

"I'm not drunk!" Seunghyun gets up from the floor. He raises his finger and starts counting, "One, two, three, four! Four fingers! See, I'm still sober as daylight!"

 

"Sheesh, you fool. Since when do I have four forefingers in my hand huh?" Hongki hyung smacks the back of his head and he collapses again on the floor.

 

"You know what? I do think we should go home before we get too drunk." says Jonghun hyung, earning four deathly glare at him right now. "What? I don't want Saebyul strangle me to death when I got home just because I can't remember her name properly!"

 

This sends us into a laughter. We can remember it clearly, the day when the almighty cassanova Choi Jonghun was sent into hell by his lovely fiancée, Han Saebyul. To think that he even be the first of us to tie himself with a single woman is quite surprising. But the moment we saw how she treated him like he's not any better looking than a baboon, it was almost earth shattering. This woman is definitely something.

 

"Yeah, I agree with him." Hongki hyung adds. "I already promised Yeohee that I won't get too drunk tonight."

 

"Tsktsk. That's right, just keep rubbing the fact that you two already have a woman who waits you at home!" Jaejin hyung starts to nag. He's just broke up with his recent girlfriend a few weeks ago and he still mourns a lot until now. "Oh I know; warm water in the bath ub, and the smell of a cup of coffee when you wake up in the morning; it's nothing to be jealous at, really,"

 

"Now, now, why do we suddenly talk about woman, huh?" I interrupt their soon-to-be arguments. "Didn't we came here to celebrate our anniversary? Just forget about those women for once, tonight is all about us, agree?"

Please log in to read the full chapter