~Jonghyun's Childhood Friend...~

"On Haitus" ~Painful Desire~

 

“Yah! Jonghyun! Stop right there.” I stepped forward and pulled his arm away from hers and stood in front of her protectively. “We should give her a chance, and is this a way to treat a lady?!” I then turned around and saw her face, she was looking down at the floor, a lot of distress was written all over her face.

I really want to hear her side of the story now…

Minho’s POV:

I watched as the events took place; Jonghyun hyung grabbing Violet’s arm and shouting, Key hyung stepping in for her and telling us to give her a chance. Throughout, the only thing I could think of was how fragile she looked. It was so different to the way she looked when she was in her house and had that stern look on her face as she spoke to me. Why wasn’t she standing up for herself now like before? Every time Jonghyun hyung would shout at her she would only look down and not respond, why?

She is tougher than that, I thought.

Just when she was about to speak there was a knock on the door. Everyone turned to face it as it opened. The doctor walked in. He started talking about needing to check Taemin to keep a track of his recovery; this was the signal for us to leave the unresolved matter of Violets side of the story out for now. The doctor spent what seemed like eternity speaking about how he needed to use hypnosis on Taemin to see how much stress was being put on his mental status due to his psychical state, since when did they teach that at medical school?

At first we were told to leave the room but we all refused since we did not want to leave our dongseng to suffer alone. Violet was the only one who didn’t speak as the events took place. The doctor made Taemin sit on a chair which was placed very close to the chair Jonghyun hyung was sitting on. The doctor then proceeded. For the task Taemin had to use a lot of concentration, which I must add he lacked. I remember once trying to teach him how to play chess (which he at badly) but he lost interest as it meant using too much concentration. The only time he ever concentrated was when dancing, but that was a whole other story on its own.

Surprisingly Taemin’s head did drop when the doctor said it would so I guessed it was working. But when the doctor asked him the question, it wasn’t Taemin who spoke; it went like this instead…

The doctor said “So tell me clearly what happened that night?” Taemin didn’t move but Jonghyun replied, “I was out on a normal day with my best friend Violet.”

We all looked at Jonghyun who we didn’t realised had fallen into the trance instead. Guess Taemin had fallen asleep after all!

Then Jonghyun continued, “I was twelve years old and Violet was eight…I had just been teased again for hanging out with a girl younger than me. I always had a hard time making friends but Violet was my best and only friend, not a lot of people liked me in my school and teased me for my height. Even at the age of twelve I was too short compared to other boys in England. Mom had to move there when I was ten so I hadn’t been there for as long as everyone else; my English wasn’t the best either.”

The more he spoke the more we couldn’t help but listen…was he talking about the same violet in the room?

“That day I was sitting near a tree and crying, as always violet was stronger than me even though she was younger than me by four years. She was wiping my tears as I sobbed and moaned about how it was my Asian genes that caused me to be short (he chuckled at the thought). That was when I realised that her hand was bleeding. I asked her why she was hurt but she brushed it off by telling me that it was nothing. But I knew that she had beaten the boys up when I had run away…like I said she was far stronger than me!”

I looked towards Violet to see her reactions; she was looking at Jonghyun hyung with a look of recognition as well as sadness. She couldn’t possibly be the girl hyung was talking about…right?

That’s when Key hyung whispered to the doctor, “Does this hypnosis make people visit there past or is everything he saying a dream or something?” He looked somewhat distressed. The doctor very briefly explained how this hypnosis only makes people talk about the past events that are mentally distressing and that had been suppressed to help deal with the pain. But the events hyung was talking about seemed quite happy…so what was distressing about it?

“We played and laughed for the rest of the day, me not wanting to go home till late since I really liked hanging around with her. But it soon got dark and she said that she had to go back home or else my mother would tell her off for keeping me out so late; my mother didn’t like her very much! We were walking back when we were stopped by a few drunken men. I stepped back behind Violet like a coward. But she was scared too, she had told me before that she hated drunken men, they scared her, she never told me the reason why but I guessed it was because her brother always used to be drunk and acted really violent when he was. The men started teasing and shouting at us. They didn’t let us pass and when violet pushed one that was getting to close to me away; he grabbed her by the arm…”

Now hyung looked very distressed and was struggling to keep the tears from chocking him. What he said next shocked us all…

“When the man grabbed her I didn’t have the guts to step forward and help her like the way she helped me. She looked at me with pleading eyes as he took her away…I just ran but when I turned my head I saw…I saw him…Violet was being…”

**********************************  

So most of the votes from the previous poll were to keep it longer with an intertesting twist...

So here it is! >.<

Keep reading for more~! 

Thanx to my subbies for staying with this slow...slow...SLOW...author! My heart goes out to all you guys!

Comments and SUbbies are loved...they really keep me motivated to carry on writing! <33