Meeting the Others

Opening Up To Others

“Zitaaaaaooooo!”

The boy groaned as he sat up on his bed groggily, who is calling me at such an early hour.. He thought as he rubbed his eyes, suddenly someone barged in to his room.

“Let’s hang out today!”

Zitao slowly opened his eyes and blinked, “But it’s Satuday..”

“I know! That’s why we can hang out!” The intruder exclaimed, sitting down beside the dark haired boy.

“How did you get in anyways, Xiumin?” Zitao yawned as he faced Xiumin, he clearly remembered that he had locked the room before going to bed last night.

“Ah. Chen unlocked the door.”

“Chen..? How?”

“With these.” Chen entered and grinned at the duo, holding up the two thin needle-pins in his hand.

“Okay now get changed!”

“I’m not-“

“Oh that’s so cute! What is that?” Xiumin picked up a plush toy at the side of Zitao’s bed, “A cat? That’s so cute~!”

“Give it back!” Zitao glared as he snatched the toy cat away from Xiumin, tossing it back to its original place.

“Wow.. I never thought a cold guy would like plushies.” Chen smirked, picking up the plushy and throwing it up and down in the air. In an instant, Zitao stood up and glared down at Chen.

“Touch it and die,” Zitao threatened as he glared down at Chen; being at his full height now, he was way taller than both Chen and Xiumin.

“Wow, what a threat! I’m soooo scared,” Chen said in a high pitched voice, watching Zitao snatch the toy away once more and tossing it back to his bed.

“Chen!” Xiumin hit Chen on his shoulders while the latter just shrugged, the smirk never leaving his face.

“So Tao do you want to hang out with us? Or-“

“Or else you’ll find your precious kitty cat without his head tonight.” Chen laughed and Xiumin shot him a glare, “Fine fine..” Chen rolled his eyes, “Can’t anyone take a joke?”

“Shut up you annoying orange!” Xiumin punched Chen again, returning his gaze to Zitao afterwards, “Tao?”

Zitao sighed, “I’ll come.”

“Yayyy!!” Xiumin’s mood brightened instantly as he hugged Zitao, “I promise you won’t regret losing your sleep!” Xiumin released Zitao and dragged Chen out of his room, “I can’t wait to introduce you to the others!” The boy exclaimed before closing the door shut.

The others? What did he mean? Zitao thought as he walked to his closet, picking out a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt, maybe more friends of his.. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to meet more people in this new school, right?


 After ten minutes, Zitao got dressed and met Xiumin and Chen outside of his room.

“The rest are already waiting at the school’s gate!” Xiumin clapped, “And Kris and Lay will meet us at the destination! It’s been so long since we all get together!”

“What are you talking about Baozi? We meet each other every single day in school.” Chen pinched Xiumin’s cheeks.

“Hey!” Xiumin slapped Chen’s hand away, “I mean like going out together and have fun!”

“Where are we going anyways?” Zitao asked, following the two behind.

“To the nearby mall- have breakfast and go to the arcade,” Chen answered, “Oh, I see them!” The boy pointed and waved at a group of students waiting at the gate.

“Ayo waddup Cheeen?!” A boy shouted from across the area.

“Ayo wasssup?” Chen answered, jumping and grabbed the boy’s hat off in one swift motion.

“It isn’t the same,” the tall boy pouted and took his hat back, “I miss Kris.”

Zitao couldn't believe his eyes as he scanned the faces of Xiumin and Chen’s friends. They are like a gang.. He counted a total of seven heads crowding around the school gate, excluding Xiumin, Chen, himself and the two missing boys.

“Who’s that?” A boy said emotionlessly as he looked up from his phone screen, causing the others to stop their activities and look at the odd person.

“Oh, this is Zitao, the new student here!” Xiumin placed an arm around Zitao’s shoulder.

“Wait. New student? Then why is he coming with us?” Another boy asked.

“Mustn’t we ask Kris first?”

“I’m leader too you know!”

“You’re from my class, right? The one sitting beside Xiumin?”

“Hello! My name is-”

“No one cares Yoda!”

Zitao’s head throbbed as the voices grew louder..

“Okay shh, shh!” Chen shouted, “I’m getting a headache.”

“Whatever duckface.”

“Shut up you bubbletea freak!” Chen retorted. The boy just shrugged and rolled his eyes.

Childish..”

“I heard that!”

“Enough already!” Xiumin huffed, “And about Zitao.. Didn’t Kris say he wanted another member to make the group even? Well Zitao is a nice person so I would like to introduce him to Kris.”

“You two just met, like, a day ago.”

“Yeah. Though he seems pretty nice,” A boy looked at Zitao from head to toe, looking at his dark outfit and expression, “I.. think..?”

“Hi, my name is-”

“Oh my God just shut up and let's go okay?” A boy shouted with annoyance, “Just let Kris decide when we get there, I’m hungry!” The group quieted down and nodded with agreement.

“Leader please lead the way.”

The group of ten boys made lots of noise while walking to their destination spot. Upon reaching the mall, they entered a fast food restaurant and sat down at a long table. Zitao chose a seat at the corner and sat down, Xiumin followed and sat beside him, with Chen at his side of course. The boys were quiet.. until..

“Can’t we order yet? Must we really wait for Kris and Lay to arrive first?”

“Of course. We can’t eat with a stranger, can we?”

“He’s not a stranger! He’s one of us!”

“Not official yet though.”

“Yet.”

“Whatever bun.”

“Please don’t speak of food..”

“I should’ve cooked spicy kimchi spaghetti before I came here..”

“Spicy kimchi spaghetti..”

“Kimchi spaghetti..”

“Spaghetti..”

“MY POOR STOMACH IS STARVING!!!!!!!!”

The nine boys whined as they simultaneously spammed Kris’s message box.

This is why I dislike being in groups.. Zitao sighed as he laid his head down on the table.

“Are you okay Zitao?” Xiumin asked as he looked at the boy. Zitao nodded and sat up straight.

“AYO WADDUP KREAAAAAAAAASE?!”

Zitao looked up and saw a tall blonde boy walking into the restaurant with another boy beside him.

“Why. Did. You. Guys. Spam. My. Phone.”

“But you were supposed to say ‘AYO-”

“We are hungry!”

“You useless papa angry bird! Don’t you have any heart left for us children?”

“Suho, you were in this too.”

The blonde showed the boy his mobile screen.

Suho.

45 messages.

Suho, assumed to be the other leader, scratched his head sheepishly and smiled angelically, “It looked fun, and the others were doing it as well, so why not?”

“Ah Lay. How are your injuries?”

“It’s healed now, thanks for asking.” Lay smiled, his dimple at his right cheek showed, as he sat down on an empty seat.

“Can we eat nowww?” A voice whined.

“Of course you can?” Kris asked, “Where’s the food anyways? Why didn’t you guys order?”

“Cause Sehun’s always holding us back.”

“Why?” Kris asked, looking at Sehun. The boy merely pointed at Zitao, giving his answer. Kris shifted his gaze to the new boy and raised an eyebrow, walking to him. “Who are you?”

“His name is Huang Zitao, you said you would like a new member to join us, so I thought Zitao would be great.” Xiumin answered.

“Zitao..” Kris lowered his body and stared at the boy.

He looks scary.. Zitao gulped as he looked back at Kris, though he held his expressionless face.

Kris straightened up and faced his friends, “You guys can go order now. Sorry to keep you waiting.” With that, the boys made a mad dash to the counter and began ordering their long awaited meal.


“He transferred in yesterday?” Kris sat across Zitao, asking Xiumin who stayed behind with the boy. Kris had asked Suho to help him order while Xiumin and Zitao relied on Luhan- they decided that Chen could not be trusted, for he was a troll.

“Yeah. He’s my seatmate.” Xiumin patted Zitao on his shoulder. Zitao sat silently as he watched the two discuss about him. Just like an interview..

“Why would you think I would accept him anyways?” Kris asked, looking at Zitao.

Wait.. What? Why is he talking like that? Are they in some kind of mafia group? Zitao started to worry, that would surely explain the great number of members..

“Dude, we’re not in a mafia, why wouldn’t you let him join our group?” Xiumin asked.

Zitao heaved a sigh of relief, guess they just enjoy having a big group of friends.

“And besides, I’m sure you’ll like him.”

“Oh?” Kris raised an eyebrow; this is getting interesting, the boy thought, “why?”

“You mean you can’t tell?” Chen placed his tray down and sat beside Xiumin, “He’s just like you!”

“You both are tall.”

“Sleep with plushies.”

He sleeps with a plushy?! Both Kris and Zitao thought, looking at each other in disbelief.

“Aaaaaand..” Chen leaned forward and pointed a finger at Kris and Tao.

“Are cold guys.” Xiumin finished the sentence and the two gave each other a high five.

“Since when you two are in sync?” Kris chuckled as he stole a French fry from Chen’s tray

. “Nooooooooooooo my baby!”

“Oh come on Chen, it’s just a French fry,” Suho, who witnessed the previous act, placed two trays down and passed one to Kris.

“I don’t care!” Chen swiped two French fries from Kris’s tray and shoved it into his mouth.

“Childish.”

“Yah Sehun!” Chen threw a fry at the boy, which he miraculously caught it with his mouth.

“How did he..” Chen gasped as Sehun smirked at him.

“Childish.”

“D.O!”

“Childish.”

“Oh not you too Baekkie!”

“Childish.”

“Baoziiiii,” Chen wailed, “they are ganging up on me!”

Xiumin laughed, “Childish.”

“I hate you all,” Chen pouted and crossed his arms, bursting into laughter a few seconds later.

One by one the boys returned back to their tables with food-filled trays. They munched on their burgers and sandwiches hungrily as they began to chat.

“What’s your name again?” The boy who entered the place earlier with Kris asked.

“Zitao.”

“Nice to meet you Zitao! My name is Zhang Yixing, but call me Lay.”

“Bonjour! My name is-”

“I’m Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet ya!”

“ARGH!” A boy with a cap stood up and huffed. The group turned silent as they stared at him. “Why do I always get interrupted when I try to introduce myself?!”

Chuckles filled the restaurant as Chen threw a French fry at the boy, hitting him square in the face.

“Hmph,” the boy sat down and glared at Chen.

No one spoke as they didn’t dare to anger the boy further.

“My name is Park Chanyeol!” The silence was shattered as the boy gleefully introduced himself with a wide smile on his face.

“..He’s our happy virus indeed.”

“Okay I’m good now,” Chanyeol took a sip out of his drink and grinned.

“Do Kyungsoo, call me D.O.” The boy with big eyes chirped.

“Hello, my name’s Luhan!”

Zitao half expected the boy to say his nickname but figured out that he didn’t have one when the next member introduced himself.

“Oh Sehun.”

Looks like not all of them have weird nicknames.

“It’s time for the Kim revolution! Kim Jongdae, Chen!”

“Kim Jongin, Kai!”

“Kim Minseok, Xiumin!”

“Kim Joonmyeon, Suho!”

“…….”

“Wow..”

“What?”

“Do you want to scare off our new member or what?”

“Of course not, psh!”

“Did we scare you Zitao?” Xiumin looked at the boy and asked.

“No,” why would I even get scared because of that, “I’m just bewildered at your explosive introduction.”

“He likes it!” Kai laughed.

“I sense sarcasm though,” D.O. replied.

Kris interrupted before any argument could announce, “And I’m Wu Yifan, Kris.”

“Angry bird!”

“Cold guy!”

“Ben Ben!”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Childish.”


The boys finished their meal after an hour and an awkward silence surrounded them.

“Soo…”

“What?”

“Is the new boy in?” “

Oh,” Kris swallowed his food, “I don’t know.”

“What?! You guys discussed for a good ten minutes when we were odering and haven’t decided?” Chanyeol exclaimed, “I would’ve just let him in right away.”

“What the f-”

“I wanted you guys to decide as well, we are a group afterall.” Kris stated.

Now I see why he’s a leader, he takes in the account of s. Zitao stared in awe at Kris’s leadership; the boy admired that trait of his.

“So,” Kris continued, “Let’s have a vote then. Raise your hand if you want Zitao to join us.. He can only join if all of us agree.”

Xiumin, Chanyeol and Chen immediately raised their hands up, followed by Luhan and Suho. Slowly the other members raised their hands.

Kris looked around and nodded, “It’s decided. Zitao is officially part of our group.”


 [Author’s Notes]

Thanks for subscribing, reading and commenting on my fanfic! It means a lot! <3

I’m glad you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I was really shocked at how fast the subscriber count increased, from 15 to 25 in one day! Wow~ So to show my appreciation, I give you this long chapter update (kinda?) !

I hope the group conversation was entertaining and funny, cause I wanted it to be humorous and make you guys laugh, or at least chuckle haha

Hope you guys like this chapter~