New Year's Day: The Other POV

Diary of a Sick Girl

{Author's Note: Hi guys, I'm really sorry it's been so long since my last update T_T Okay so this chapter IS NOT a diary entry. It's from Taeyeon's doctor's point of view (hence, the title)}

************************************************************DR. LEETEUK'S POV*********************************************************************

It's New Year's Day. I should be at home. I should be with my friends and family, but instead I'm in the hospital research office. I'm the only one here; everyone else has gone home early for the holiday. Why am I here, you may ask. You see, Kim Taeyeon is my personal client and I've known her and her famiily for ages. Her father and I were high school buddies. Consequently, he turned to me, one of Seoul's best doctors and researchers, when his older daughter, Kim Eunhae, was diagnosed with a very rare and strange terminal illness at age 18. It broke all of our hearts when she died less than a year after she was diagnosed. Since then, I've been working hard every single day, determined to find out what this illness was and how to cure it.

Less than a year after Eunhae died, her little sister, Kim Taeyeon was also diagnosed with the same illness her sister had. From what more professional doctors and surgeons tell me, she has probably had this illness since a very young age and is lucky to still be alive at 14. I'm not sure she feels that way though. She no longer has that twinkle in her eyes and that spring in her step. You see, I have a special place in my heart for Taeyeonnie. No, not like that! I meant she's like my own daughter! 

Scientists and doctors are still so puzzled by this enigma of a disease. How can it be that two girls from the same family have this disease? Is it hereditary? But, Taeyeon's umma and appa are some of the healthiest people I know, nor do either of them have a relatives with a history of terminal illnesses. And what exactly does the disease do? Is it like a cancer? Is it existent in a child's body from a young age and develop as the child gets older? And most importantly...is there a cure for it?

I'm determined to help Taeyeon through this. Her father already lost one daughter, he can't lose another one. So I've been hoping that with all the notes I took during Eunhae's checkups, maybe I will be able to detect some patterns in the disease. Since her last checkup, Taeyeon told me that she was feeling loads better. She even told me about her dreams and what she thought of them. I honestly hope this is a good thing, a sign that her health is improving and that she's fighting back. 

 

 

 

******************************************************Several hours later***************************************************************

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh no. 

There are only three other known cases of this illness world wide, that's how rare this illness is. Yet I've found something that all these cases have in common. And it's so disturbingly cruel that it seems to be a trick of fate, a twisted plot. It seems that just before the illness is about to play its final hand, the card of Death, the victim is deceived into thinking that he or she is recovering. In reality, the illness is eating away at the person so fast that they will not feel anything. Basically, Taeyeon does not have long to live.

How am I gong to break this news to her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! Wow, this was a depressing chapter to write. So there will probably be a few more chapters before the end.

Looks like Taeyeonnie won't survive after all :( 3

 

 

or will she?

 

 

Hehehehehehehe

 

Love you all <3 

              Tiffany~