December 25

Diary of a Sick Girl

December 25, 2010

Dear Diary, 

Well, it seems like after the last entry, Yuri has stopped suspecting me. She kinda watched me a few days after I told her about my dreams, but I hid my secret very well. I guess she didn't want to burden the other girls either because they seemed normal.

I went to the cardiologist a few days ago, and he gave me some really good news!

He told me that my heart was actually improving and I had a chance of living longer than expected. He gave me some new pills that were a little stronger than my old pills and told me that he would continue to work on a cure for my rare disease.

Christmas miracle, huh? ;)

Speaking of Christmas, we had our annual Christmas party at Jessica's house. 

It was so much fun! We had lots and lots of food, both Korean and American, because each of us brought our own dishes (like a potluck) and Jessica's parents and Fany made American dishes. Sica can't cook to save her life! Hahahaha. She did attempt to make Christmas cupcakes though, and they were delicious!!

After dinner, we spent an hour playing volleyball with random balloons. Even Krystal, Sica's sister joined in! I don't care if we're in high school, I think you're NEVER too old to play with balloons! ^_^ 

After that, we exchanged Christmas gifts and decorated Jessica's giant faux pine tree. We use that tree every Christmas and decorate it together. 

Then, at 11:11, we all made our Christmas wishes. I wished that when I'm gone, the girls will always stick together, through thick and thin, young and old, forever and beyond, and never forget me. I know it's futile to wish for my health, why not use it on something I really want? I really hope that the girls will stay friends forever and always support each other in their endeavors. To me, I think friendship is more important than anything- including boys and school. 

Hwang Miyoung, Jung Sooyeon, Kwon Yuri, Lee Soonkyu, I love you guys. Thank you for being my best friends, thank you for letting me experience what true sisterly love feels like. Thank you for always guiding and supporting me. Thank you... for spending what could be my last Christmas...with me. I'm truly grateful for all your love. For as long as I live, I promise I will return the favor with undying love.  

 

Love, always

Kim Taeyeon