eight

Glass Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey man, what's been going on with you lately?" Kris drops as casually as he can, scooping up potato mash and loading one side of his tray.

"Do I look like I'd know something like that?" Minho snorts, "You might want to slow down on the starch there buddy. Can't have a 200 pound potato as captain."

Kris grins, "So you want to play like that huh, Mr. Head-over-heels-for-this-girl, but still doesn't care enough to notice what's been going on in her life. Please slow down with the protein shakes, I don't think you can convert all that into muscle." He pokes Minho's arm. "Is that a jiggle I see?!"

Minho makes a swipe at Kris, who coolly dodges to the side, and adjusts his tie with one hand. Kris throws a smirk at Minho over his shoulder.

In this moment, he fails to realise a girl who is not properly functioning is right in front of him. She only moves in one direction, straight forward, and everyone maneuvers around her. She bumps into his tray and subsequently him too. His tray comes in contact with her ribs and goes flying out of his hands; mashed potatoes and minestrone soup flying onto her, him and the floor area around them. 

Kris's eyes grow as wide as saucers when he realises who the girl is. 

"Hey, I'msosorryareyoualright? Doyouwantmetogograbyoutissuesorsomething? Likedoyouwanttograbacoffeeorsomethingwithme? Wait, no..."

She doesn't appear to have realised what has just happened. She just stands there, expressionless. Soup and potatoes drench her clothes and shoes. It takes a moment too long before the reality sinks into her mind. And then it's like she went from pause to double speed in the blink of an eye.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going, I've been a bit mindless these days, please excuse me." you stammered. 

Kris was so bewildered of what the girl who was so sassy and confident they last time the spoke had become. To him, there seemed to be no trace of that girl anymore, the person in front of him was merely a shell, somewhat ghosting the persona you once was. 

"It's fine, come with me to the infirmary for some fresh clothes?"

you just nodded, too scared and nervous to disobey someone she had just tipped lunch over. 

"How is that guy always so lucky?" Minho lets out a short scoff, before shoveling some vegetables soaked with gravy into his mouth. "How did I not think of that? Easiest way to get clothes off a girl."

"So, uh, how have things been going? I think the last time we spoke was induction last year?" Kris was clearly nervous.

"Yeah, I think it was." you agreed quietly, straightening her tie. 

She hadn't engaged in a proper conversion outside of 'what's happening to you' in a long time, and wasn't exactly sure how to respond.

"Um... I think I'm ok---" She didn't finish her sentence, but instead clamped a hand over and ducked into the nearest female toilets.

"Hey, wait up!" Kris yells, and follows her into the bathroom, not caring what or who awaited him. 

The stalls are empty, save for one. The door is locked, legs are folded and can be seen facing the toilet bowl; retching can be clearly heard. Kris's eyes grew wide, for he had never thought of, much less encountered a girl struggling with bulimia.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter