seven

Glass Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

you may have erased all traces of him from her mind, but the dreaded feelings still remained intact; somewhere buried deep within her being. It was something even she wasn't aware of. Why she was always thinking such dark thoughts and doing such things when she wasn't concentrating on her daily life tasks. Every spare moment she had, she found her thoughts unconsciously drifting into a mood where horrid thoughts such as suicide, death, anorexia and bulimia swirled around and around in her heart. She often wondered about the worlds beyond Earth. The way people die, why they die; natural cases, diseases, manslaughter or even the possibility of murder. She questioned herself as to what she'd do if her brother, mother and father died. She needed help. But where there is no signs of need, there will be no helping hands. 

you avoided people like the plague. She rejected people in every way possible. The once star student withdrew from matches and tournaments; training was not even considered. Young and talented seminars and workshops were cancelled and art exhibitions were not contributed towards and volunteering opportunities were tossed aside . Even Joonie and Alexis struggled to communicate with her on a more personal level. She was still the same polite and mannered person, just with psychological problems no one could understand. you was often found sinking into an emotional coma; discovered in various corners of the school, just hugging her knees tight to her chest while rocking in tiny movements, pondering. Deliberating why people were happy. How they found happiness. Everywhere she went, it seemed that people were laughing freely and conversing in any topic without much burden. But she couldn't do that any more. She wasn't that optimistic girl everyone knew anymore. She was a stranger. All this because of a guy. 

you seldom provided a response as much as everyone tried to include her in their conversations. She wasn't the person you could always talk to anymore, whether the topic was something she was interested in or lending a shoulder for someone to cry on. She'd force herself to smile and hum a simple yes or oh. Behind her empty words were thoughts that she wanted to share, feelings that needed to be released. The problem? The sensible part of her told her to stay put and get over it, when she herself wasn't even sure if it was just a teenage phase or actual depression. As much as she wanted to scream she needed help, she couldn't bring herself to allow the label of depression be tacked on to her list of achievements. 

 

 

"Yeah, y'know that they're coming out with a sequel in September? Ohmygosh, I'm so excited!!!" Joonie squealed.

Alexis glanced at you before replying, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too. What do you think, you?

They both stare at their best friend fussing over her cuticles. 

"Helloooo? Earth to you~~~ incoming spaceshipp!" Joonie calls.

"you!" Alexis barks.

"H--huh?" you finally looks up.

"So... the sequel?" Alexis presses.

"What sequel?" you is dumbfounded.

"Hey, you. Don't you have something you wanna tell us?" Joonie asks uncertainly. 

 

you is taken aback and begins to panic. They’re her best friends, after all. They would care if she told them. As much as she wanted to do just that, she couldn’t find the courage to say anything so instead, she giggled a little, trying to pretend she was interested. you wracked her brains trying to figure out what sequel they were talking about. It wasn’t that she didn’t care, there was just too heavy of a burden on her shoulders, and so a lie spu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter