six

Glass Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks following saw you in a mid life crisis. The already skinny girl was now gaunt and underweight. Dark bags hung underneath her eyes. She was a walking corpse, even a blind man could tell that much. The girl gave up caring for her health so much to the point that she was admitted into hospital twice and fed liquids to help combat her anoxeria.The strong exterior everyone had known so well was gone, cracked then shattered into a billion little sharp pieces. Who knew the independent and fearless girl would succumb to heartbreak? No one. Nobody was really prepared to console her too much either, she was always the one comforting others. The skeletal girl who was once full of life and passions was now a shell of a human. 

"Sweetie? Can I come in?" 

No response. 

you's mother slowly opened the bedroom door she had just knocked on and gingerly stepped in; somehow fearing that she'd scare you if she made loud or abrupt movements. She found her daughter sitting at her desk, pen in hand, blank sheets of paper sitting parallel to her face which was staring out the window blankly. She placed the tray containing milk and cookies on the desk and gently placed her hand on her daughter's shoulders.

"Honey, you have to eat."

"I'm not hungry." came the weak response.

"But you haven't had anything all day!" 

"I'm fine mum."

Something seemed to click inside her mother right then, "But I'm not! I think I've been patient enough. I've let you do as you wish for three weeks! I've watched you wander around aimlessly, I've watched you shut yourself up in your room every second you are not at school and I haven't questioned a single one of your choices! The question is how could you go to a club when you're only sixteen?! you! How?! And wearing something as proactive as that too! You can't wallow in the deep waters by yourself for this long! No matter how good of a swimmer you are! How long has it been since the last time you've gone out with Joonie or Alexis? When was the last time you went to training? Or rehersals? you! Answer me!"

The fountain pen drops out of you's grasp and lands point first on the cream carpet; creating blobs of inky mess. She starts whimpering; those turn into sobs, exactly 36 second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter