The Second (unwanted) Meeting

Subway No. 8 (ON HOLD)

A usual day for Soonyoung where he finds himself sitting in his office, writing his diary because,

"Of course the old man does not allow me in the surgery room. Of course he needs his favorite student." He wrote in his diary.

Today, a patient was sent in as a brain tumour was suspected to have grown larger and it needs to be cut off imediately. "I have enough experience to be in that surgery room but noooo, theres that Jung Jin Dae or whatever. I just wish I could be acknowledged for once by that old man." Soonyoung sighed.

It's been a long time since Soonyoung was involved in a serious case. It was always the general issues. Certain situations like,

"Doctor! I think I'm pregnant! I have morning sickness and I was puking all over the place and.."

"Miss I think you got the wrong doctor, I do not major in pregnancy. You should look for Doctor Shin at the 8th floor,"

Or...

"Doctor!  I think I have influenza H1N1! I've been coughing and  I had flu a few days ago. What should do? Am I dying?"

"Sir, you were just experiencing the normal flu and cough, it's nothing serious."

"But I was coughing a lot and it's not getting better!"

"Sir, I assume you smoke? This was all caused by your habit of smoking and it's better if you would.."Soonyoung was cut off by the angry patient

"Now young man I would not appreciate you trying to question my habit. And it's certainly none of your business so do your job and give me a jab or something. Shouldn't doctors be helping their patients? THIS IS BULL." The patient jumped up and shouted at Soonyoung.

"Sir please calm down.."

"DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO... *cough*"The patient was coughing quite seriously before he collapsed. Soonyoung rushed over to his side and called for help.

Turns out the old man was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Soonyoung sighed and closed his diary. When silence has been enveloping Soonyoung, he often thinks of her. The mystery stranger on the subway who he codenamed, the porcelain doll. 

Where is she now? He thought. Ever since he first met the girl on the subway, he never saw her again. He also tried staying longer on the subway, just so he could get a chance to "accidentally" bump into her again. But no, he does not have such luck on his side.

A knock on the door shook Soonyoung from his thoughts and he shouted "come in" to the person behind his door. Ji Young, a junior surgeon entered the room. Ji Young is the crush of many doctors or nurses in the hospital. She is young, beautiful and talented on what she does. Being called around to help out all the time, it is quite safe to say that she has been in the surgery room more often than Soonyoung. But Ji Young did not boast about her frequent visit in the surgery room, she rather not talk about her day to Soonyoung as she knows how unhappy he could get.

There is also another secret nobody knows about Ji Young. Ji Young has a major crush on Soonyoung. Ever since her first day in the hospital, Soonyoung was the only person who did not try to get into her pants. Which is a odd reason for her to crush on him. But being the beauty she is, never had she met a guy who talked to her without immediately averting his attention towards her chest, or towards her slender legs. She finds Soonyoung special among all the other guys.

"Soonyoung sunbae, I think we have a problem here. A girl just arrived with an ambulance and it seems that she collapsed during work. The other doctors are occupied at the moment so you have to do the duty to check on her." She explained.

AND, all the minor jobs were left for me. Soonyoung thought silently. He reached for his working kit and followed Ji Young to a room. 

The nurses all greeted Soonyoung with a nod and went back to work. Ji Young told him about the girl's situation.

"It was reported that she fainted while working so her boss decided to dial 119. Her blood pressure is normal, so is her pulse." Ji Young announced. Soonyoung grabbed his tools from his working kit, not having the time to spare a look at the girl.

Until he turned around and realized the identity of the fallen girl on the stretcher and frozed on the spot.

It was her. It was his long awaited Porcelain Doll.


11:03A.M, Sweet Stuff boutique

Seol Mi sighed. It's Thursday and she hates Thursday almost as much as she hates soap operas. Thursday means she have 3 part time jobs for the day. Thursday also means, no drama watching privilege as she has no time for it at all. Sure she hates soap operas, but she has a burning passion for predictable dramas on the tv. She often spend time guessing the ending and she's always right.

Mopping the floor with absolutely no motivation at all, she had wild thoughts running in her head. That boy. Seol MI was thinking of the unknown boy who dozed off beside her on the subway. She didn't know why or how he runs through her mind every single day, but it happens. 

A screech broke Seol Mi from her deep thoughts. "KIM SEOL MI" The familiar voice that manages to annoy her every single time. Of course it was Anna. Anna was the single person Seol Mi will despise in her life. Seol Mi was exceptionally easy to get along with but Anna's personality makes it hard for even Seol Mi to like. In fact, nobody really likes her except for boys who are trying to get into her pants, which is not hard to do. Anna was a bossy person who orders everyone around, and she's never the smart kind. Always the typical blonde bimbo kind. 

But one thing that sets Anna different from the other staffs of the Sweet Stuff boutique, Anna is filthy rich, or should Seol Mi always correct, "Her PARENTS are filthy rich." Yes Anna is Seol Mi's boss, and both of them are not in good terms. Anna hates Seol Mi just as much. Seol Mi assumes the reason why Anna has not fire her from her cleaning job was because Anna likes the thought of bossing her. 

Seol Mi scoffs. "Yes your majesty."She mocks. Anna glared icily at her staff. "Did you not hear my instructions clearly? You are supposed to clean the drawers before you do anything else." 

"BUT I DID. If you could just open your eyes and stop flirting around with male customers maybe---" Seol Mi defended herself but was cut off by Anna. "Not until I am satisfied with the outcome." Anna smirked and place her hands on her hips.

Seol Mi rolled her eyes and dropped the mop on the floor. She glared at Anna once more before walking away with her head held high towards the drawers to clean it although it's obvious cleaned thoroughly. "" Seol Mi hissed silently. Although she hated her boss to the guts, she needs to cope because well, she couldn't afford to lose another job.

*this is not Seol Mi 


3:30P.M, Mister Donut Myeongdong branch.

"Hello! Welcome to Mister Donut, how can I help you?" Seol Mi's smiled for god knows the amount of times of the day. Her facial expression was temporarily fixed and once in a while her smile twitched a bit. 

Seol Mi was working tirelessly, fighting the fatigue she has been experiencing due to her working non stop without any time left to even check her phone for missed calls. "Not like anybody would call me, anyway." Seol Mi thought and smiled a sad smile.

"Seol Mi yah. Can you take the trash away for me? I'll take your place." So Yeon, her colleague smiled apologetically. So Yeon always manages to sweet talk Seol Mi to do the dirty jobs for her but she's actually really nice. Seol Mi was used to doing these jobs anywhere so it's not like she mind. 

Seol Mi nodded with a small smile. She took the trash and head towards where the restaurant's bin was place at. She stumbled a bit as she opened the back door as the trash were too heavy.

Seol Mi felt weak. She felt the world spinning around her. "Maybe I'm too hungry, chill Seol Mi, do your job." She has been feeling this way the whole day but she's keeping herself steady, for the sake of her job. She couldn't just ask for a leave for the day, it'll give her bosses a bad impression.

She opened the trash bin and felt overwhelmed. A dead cat in the bin

Seol Mi felt her eyes widened as she felt the urge to throw up. She was sweating. 

"Oh no" Was the last thought she had in her mind as her vision went black.

Seol Mi fainted.



{A/N}

Hey guys! 

SO SO SO Sorry for the late update because I have some family problems and um, I was procrastinating :c

I hope you enjoyed the chapter :D 

A Love Actually quote (not really) because I love the movie. If you haven't watch it, you should! It's so full of love<3

And, I'll be starting college tomorrow so I'm not sure if I could update frequently.

But I will try my best because you all drive my hidden motivation out of me ^^

Thank you for sticking by and reading, means a ton :3

 

AND IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, I WROTE A SAMUEL ONE SHOT A WEEK AGO HEH, CHECK IT OUT ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/636204/i-m-home-oneshot-pledis-seventeen-pledis17-samuel

It's about loveeee. No not those puppy lovey dovey stuff. No I won't involve Muel in any of these mess.

It's brotherly love ^^

READ TO FIND OUT!

ENJOYYY BOTH SUBWAY NO.8 AND I'M HOME. C:

-shunandseokie