THE HEIRNESS

Keep him waiting- man's downfall

 

CHAPTER 7- THE HEIRNESS
 
Charm Yin was seated at her balcony and letting Smile have a nap on her lap. She just found herself smiling. She was reminiscing the moment when she was with Jonghyun. 'What's with that man that I cant take him out of my mind?' Charm Yin thought. She looked up the sky and saw many stars, suddenly one star at the right shined brightly. She smiled. 'I know its you mom, I'm not sure but your baby might be falling inlove already' she thought with a sweet smile planted on her face. Suddenly someone entered the door, it was her dad.
 
"Dad" she said in a whisper.
 
Her dad walked near her.
 
"Charm Yin aren't you going to sleep yet?" asked Mr. Lee.
 
"I'm done with all the papers that I'm going to present to Mr. Kim" she replied then stood up while carrying Smile.
 
"but Charm Yin"
 
She entered her room and laid Smile to her small bed.
 
"so dad what do you? I told you I'm ready for tomorrow, we would have a lunch meeting around 11:30, don't worry 30 minutes before the said time I'll be there" said Charm Yin sarcastically then stomped to the bathroom trying not to listen to what ever her dad might say.
 
"Charm Yin can you please just listen to me?" said mr. Lee in a moderate tone.
 
"why dad, would you again lecture me about my tardiness earlier?" asked Charm Yin.
 
"Charm Yin listen to me, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything, I was just quite disappointed with what happened, I was expecting you to excel infront of-"
 
"so it came from your own mouth dad, you want me to carry your name infront of the board" shouted Charm Yin.
 
"don't you ever dare to use that tone to me!" shouted her dad then went out of Charm Yin's room.
 
***
Inside Mr. Lee's room...
 
He sat down on his bed and got the picture of Charm Yin during her first birthday and her present picture that was displayed on the table beside the bed. 
 
"I know I can't be like your mom but I hope you would understand someday" he whispered while touching the face of Charm Yin at the picture.
 
***
At Charm Yin's room...
 
She was lying on her bed, crying. She didn't know why she acted like that. All she during that time was he need someone to comfort her and only one person entered her mind, Jonghyun. She checked her watch, it was past 2 am already. 'should I call him?' she asked himself. She wanted to try. She got her phone and dialed Jonghyun's number. It was ringing. 
 
Jonghyun was half asleep when his phone suddenly rang. He slightly opened his eyes to see if who the caller was, it was Charm Yin. He sat down and clicked the answer button.
 
"hello?" he said.
 
"hello Jonghyun?, Charm Yin here, sorry to disturb but-"
 
"Charm Yin are you crying?" Jonghyun asked with a concern tone on his voice.
 
Charm Yin wiped out her tears.
 
"eh? No I'm not, I just called because..."
 
"because?"
 
"can we meet?" she asked with a shyness tone on her voice.
 
Jonghyun was surprised with what she said. He checked his watch, it was past 2 am and a girl wanted to meet him? FOR WHAT? 
 
"eh? why? any problem?" asked Jonghyun sounding really surprised.
 
"umm... its okay if you cant come, I'll be going to the park near the restaurant where we met earlier" she said then hunged up the phone.
 
Jonghyun didn't expect how Charm Yin acted in the phone. He stood up and changed his clothes and went down. He was going, he couldn't let any girl stay on that place at that point of time.
 
Charm Yin was serious, she went down and drove her car to the park. Her dad was just looking from his balcony, he didn't know what to do with her daughter.
 
***
Charm Yin was already seated at the swing in the park. She was just wearing a tank top, shorts and slippers. It was cold but she didn't mind. She was hoping for Jonghyun to come when suddenly three men went near her.
 
"what does a beautiful lady doing here at this point of time?" asked one of the man, they were drunk.
 
"stay away from me!" shouted Charm Yin, she was nervous.
 
"oh miss you look sad, want us to accompany you here, its cold" added the other man who looked like a goon. Charm Yin was trembling.
 
"Stay away from me I'm with my boyfriend!" she shouted, she didn't know who was her boyfriend, she was just trying to scare the 3 men, but it was no use.
 
"oh really? Your boyfriend, then where is he? We haven't seen anyone here" said the third man and he went near Charm Yin. She didn't know what to do, she just closed her eyes and was hoping that Jonghyun would come when suddenly...
 
"hey guys over here! What does this 3 men trying to do to you babe?" said a man behind them. The 3 men turned around, Charm Yin opened her eyes and was surprised to see Jonghyun standing infront of them. 'He came' she thought. She found herself smiling.
 
"so, you must be the boyfriend of this young lady over here" said the man with black coat.
 
"yes I am, and what are you trying to do to my girlfriend?" asked Jonghyun.
 
Charm Yin was shocked with what Jonghyun just said. 'girlfriend?' she thought.
 
 
The man that looked like a goon went near Jonghyun and tried to punch him saying "you should not leave your girlfriend alone in this dark place especially at night!" his punch was catched by Jonghyun, he fought back.
 
Charm Yin was just looking at Jonghyun who was fighting with the 3 men. She didn't know how to help, she didn't know what to do.
 
Until the 3 men ran far from the park, Jonghyun was hurt.
 
Charm Yin ran towards Jonghyun.
 
"are you okay?" she asked and started to sob.
 
Jonghyun nodded. He stood up and hugged Charm Yin. Her hands were freezing. Jonghyun broke the hug and took of his jacket and placed it around Charm Yin and hugged her again. 
 
"I'm really, really sorry for this trouble, but you came" said Charm Yin with a sob.
 
"shhh... dont worry, I wouldn't let any girl be alone at night especially at this place" comforted Jonghyun.
 
He carried Charm Yin to his car, they sat at the back seat and the whole time they he just hugged Charm Yin until she fell asleep.
 
'why do I feel this way?' Jonghyun thought.