THE ACCIDENT

Keep him waiting- man's downfall

 

Chapter 1-the accident
 
"I still remember that time when me and Minho was young, we use to play hide and sick with Ri Yan. Ri Yan was always the one who finds Minho first. Ri Yan knew that Minho likes her but we were so young that time. Until one day Ri Yan and her family got into a car accident, both of her parents died while Ri Yan survived, Minho was the one took good care of her until she was brought by her uncle to Australia for proper medication but Ri Yan promised Minho that she would do the same thing when someting like that accident happen to him. Now, could she return and fulfill her promise to Minho?" said Key while crying. He was with Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew, they were waiting outside the Emergency room. Minho got into a car accident, he was driving while he was drunk. 
 
4 hours had pass but there was no positive sign of Minho inside the ER. 
 
"Key, is Ri Yan, Minho's first love?" asked Taemin. Key sighed and nodded. "Lee Ri Yan was Minho's first true love" he added. 
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
8 hours had pass but still, no sign of positivity about Minho's condition.
 
"Sh*t men! What's with this hospital? we've been waiting for 8 hours already but no one had even told us about Minho's condition!" shouted the angry Taemin.
 
"Hey man calm down. Let's just wait for the doctor to come out, I know everything would be fine" said Jonghyun while calming Taemin down.
 
30 minutes later the doctor came out. They all rushed towards him.
 
"doc, how is Minho?" asked Key.
 
"is everything okay?" added Jonghyun.
 
"he's not dying isn't he?" added Onew.
 
"are you Mr. Choi's family members?" asked the doctor. 
 
"we're his friends, how's he?" asked Taemin.
 
"for now he's in stable condition" replied the doctor. Everyone sighed for relief.
 
"but he needed to be monitored in 48 hours or more, those time would be critical. We found out that there were some small crystals in his spinal cord, those may came from his cystal window or wind shield. We can't just operate him and get those crystals, we still need to monitor him especially he's finding it hard to breath" explained the doctor. 
 
The sign of relief were again changed by what the doctor had just said. 
 
"any positive or more negative opinions with it doc?" asked Onew.
 
"the positive thing is, in the 48 hours of monitoring him, if he shows positive improvement we might immediately get him under the operation to get those crystals but the negative thing is he might be paralyzed if he would show negative responses to us" replied the doctor.
 
"doc are you going to be Minho's private doctor?" asked Key.
 
"no sir, I would pass Mr. Choi to my daughter's care cause I would need to go to a doctor's seminar this week" answered the doctor curiously. Curious about why did he asked such thing.
 
"I see, so where could we visit Minho during those 48 hours?" he asked again.
 
"we would let him stay inside a private ICU for him to be monitored carefully" replied the doctor. Everyone nodded.
 
"any other more question gentlemen?" asked Doctor Kim. 
 
"nothing more doc, thank you" answered Jonghyun.
 
"if none, let me excuse myself for awhile" said doctor Kim.
 
An hour later, Minho was already transfered in the ICU. They were just aloud to enter one by one. Key was the one who entered first.
He was wearing a mask, the head cup and the gown. He was staring at Minho's body, lying in the hospital bed, looking lifeless. He started to get teary eyed. He went near Minho's bed. Minho's eyes were closed. He pictured out Ri Yan's face. He remembered Ri Yan's situation that time. Lying in the bed, and look really the same like Minho, lifeless.
 
***
The next day Doctor Kim Eun Li awoke Jonghyun who was currently Minho's accompany. He was lying in the bench hospital outside the ICU.
 
"good morning Sir, as I could see, you are the patient's accompany am I right?" asked Eun Li using her english accent.
 
"yes doc, I'm Minho's friend, Jonghyun" introduced Jonghyun and shook hands with Eun Li.
 
Eun Li stared at the glass window of the ICU where Minho was lying. She felt tears run down her face.
 
"is everything alright doc?" asked Jonghyun. Eun Li immediately wiped out her tears and nodded.
 
"yes everything alright, some of my hair strands just got inside my eyes that's why i cried, i'll just put some unti-irritation drop, i'll return" replied Eun Li and hurriedly run towards the nearest comfort room.
 
Jonghyun was just staring at him blankly. He find it waste of time so he returned to the bench and lied down again to get back his beautiful sleep.