THE TABLE

Keep him waiting- man's downfall

 

CHAPTER 4- THE TABLE
 
Taemin accompanied Minho inbehalf on Key who was busy in the office. He kept on looking at Minho at the window of the ICU. He too felt helpless with the situation of his friend. Many cords were attached to him, respirator and many apparatuses. He felt his stomach growled. He was starving, he remembered that he haven't ate his lunch. He went to the nurse station near Minho's ICU room and told the nurse to give an eye to Minho while he wasn't around. He went to the hospital's canteen and ordered a fresh vegetable salad and an iced tea. He looked for a table but the room was full. It was the break time of some of the afternoon shifts. He looked from left to right to see if where could he share a seat. He saw a lady in blue seated on a table, she was alone. He went towards her.
 
"excuse me" he said with a killing smile.
 
"yes?" asked the lady in blue.
 
"I believe you are alone, am I right?" asked Taemin. 
 
The lady nodded.
 
"you can share with me if you want" she added.
 
"thank you" replied Taemin and sat infront of the lady.
 
"I'm Taemin, Lee Taemin" he introduced himself then offered a hand for a shake.
 
"Im Louri, Kim Louri" she replied then shoocked hands with Taemin.
 
"Louri, a beautiful name for a lady like you" complimented Taemin.
 
She just smiled.
 
"so, do you have a patient in this hospital?" Taemin asked.
 
"yes, my mom, she was confined here there days ago" replied Louri.
 
"sorry to hear that" said Taemin.
 
"not a problem, how about you?" asked Louri.
 
"my friend got into a car accident, he's in the ICU right now" answered Taemin.
 
"I see" replied Louri.
 
After a couple of minutes they both had finished there food.
 
"I'll leave now" said Louri.
 
"will you mind if I come with you?" asked Taemin with a smile and a puppy dog eyes. Louri find it cute.
 
"sure" she replied. 
 
They both went out of the canteen and went to the second floor where Louri's mom was located and where Minho was located.
 
The ICU was few rooms away from Louri's mom.
 
Taemin looked at the window where Minho was located. Louri went near him. She was surprised to see if who was lying on the bed. Choi Minho.
 
"Minho" she wispered but Taemin heard it.
 
"you know him?" asked Taemin.
 
"eh? umm.... yes.. I'm a reader of your mag" replied Louri safely.
 
"i see" replied Taemin.
 
"O better go now, mom might wake up without me by her side" said Louri.
 
Taemin nodded.
 
"thanks for the time, hope to meet you around" said Louri with a sweet smile.
 
"see you around" replied Taemin
 
After Louri left Taemin sat on the bench and stared at the sealing, blankly.
 
'come on Lee Taemin! She's a Korean, she's not like the usual girls you have dated, just leave her alone!' he thought.
 
But then on the back of his mind he have this different feelings when he met Louri, different, really different.
 
***
On the room of Louri's mom...
She was seated on the couch near the window, holding a coin.
 
'come on Louri, you've just met him awhile ago!!' she cursed herself. 
 
She stared at the coin and sighed.
 
'head if I like him, tail if not" she said. She tossed the coin.
 
It slipped on her hands, It went under her mom's bed. She cant reach it. 
 
She thought that maybe it was no use. She didn't get it instead she sat down back at the couch.
 
 
 
The coint kept on twirling under her mom's bed, after few more turns.......
 
 
the coin stopped...
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a Head.