THE DOCTOR

Keep him waiting- man's downfall

 

CHAPTER 6- THE DOCTOR
 
It was Key's shift in accompanying Minho. He was busy reading some papers in the bench. He checked his watch, it was past 1 am already. He stood up and went to the canteen for some drink and went back directly infront of the ICU. It was the same time that Minho's blood preassure would be checked. The doctor got inside with her apparatus. After she had recorded it to Minho's record book she got out of the door when Key suddenly popped out infront of her.
 
"good morning doc" greeted Key.
 
"good morning sir" Eun Li replied uneasily.
 
Key stared at the doctor's face for a moment. 'very familiar' he thought.
 
"sir, after six hours we would again check Mister Choi's condition to check if he is ready for any operation" said Eun Li.
 
Key just nodded.
 
"Then if he could be operated would there be any risks?" asked Key.
 
"actually sir there are two options, first we could operate him but he might not wake up or become a vegetable or second we could operate him and he could live his normal life" replied Eun Li.
 
Key just stared at her blankly.
 
"but dont worry sir, we will do our best to achieve the second option" added Eun Li with an assuring tone.
 
"any more questions sir?" asked Eun Li.
 
"if none then may I excuse myself" said Eun Li then left and went back to her office.
 
***
Eun Li was seated at her chair and was staring at Minho's record book for quite time already when suddenly her thoughts were distracted by call.
 
"hello?" she said.
 
"Eun Li-shi how are you doing there?" asked Doctor Kim.
 
"I'm fine dad, maybe I'm just having a hard time" replied Eun Li with a sigh.
 
"dont worry, whatever your discision is, I will always be right behind your side" said doctor Kim with a comforting tone.
 
"thanks dad" replied Eun Li.
 
"okay, I just called to know if everything was okay" answered doctor Kim.
 
"okay dad, bye" replied Eun Li then hungged up.
 
She stood up and got some coffee when someone knocked on the door.
 
"come in" she said, it was Louri.
 
"oh Louri unnie, what brought you here? Have a seat" said Eun Li.
 
"I saw him earlier" said Louri.
 
Eun Li sat down beside her at the couch.
 
"yeah, I felt helpless" replied Eun Li.
 
"Eun Li-ah, for how long do you think you could keep this?" asked Louri.
 
Eun Li just shrugged her shoulders.
 
"Eun Li-ah, I'm saying this because I'm your unnie, stop this now, you're not just hurting yourself but you're also hurting him for a long time" said Louri.
 
Eun Li just nodded.
 
Louri stood up then gave Eun Li a comforting hug.
 
"thanks for the concern unnie" said Eun Li.
 
Louri just smiled.
 
***
Key was slouching at the bench feeling really tired. He kept on thinking about the doctor of Minho.
 
'she really look familiar' he thought while placing his hand on his chin.
 
His thoughts were disturbed by a call, it was Jonghyun.
 
"hey man, I just want to inform you that I'll meet up with miss Charm Yin" he said.
 
"wha-" before he could continue Jonghyun hungged up.
 
"what's wrong with that man?" he asked himself.
 
***
Eun Li was again alone inside her office. She was staring on her desk. She slowly opened the last drawer at the left side, she let the other folders out and got a closed picture frame inside it. She opened it up and wiped the dust out of the picture. She smiled and touched the persons on the photo as tears started to run down her face.
 
 
 
It was her....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Minho....
 
 
 
 
 
 
and Key...