THE MEETING

Keep him waiting- man's downfall

 

CHAPTER 3- THE MEETING
 
Jonghyun arrived at the meeting place. He checked his watch, it was past 11, he was sure that some of the sponsors are already inside. He parked his car at the carport and went directly inside the restaurant. 
"excuse me, may I know if what table are the sponsors in?" asked Jonghyun.
 
"there in a private room sir, follow me" replied the lady watress.
 
They went to the second floor of the restaurant where the private rooms for some close door meetings are in. They walked towards the second to the last door then knocked. The lady watress inside opened it and let Jonghyun entered.
 
"good morning sir, I am very sorry if i'm late" greeted Jonghyun. The 2 waitresses went out.
 
"no gettleman, your just in time, we are just waiting for miss Lee" replied Mr. Kang, the sponsor of a baby powder product.
 
"Miss Lee?" asked Jonghyun. He had never heard "miss" Lee when they are having a meeting with the sponsors.
 
"Miss Lee Charm Yin, Mister Lee Jong Di informed us that her daughter would attend this meeting in behalf of him" replied Mister Kang.
 
They waited for an hour but no sign of Lee Charm Yin. It was past 12, everyone was hungry.
 
"sir, I think lets just order some appetizer for awhile, while we are waiting for Miss Lee to come" suggested Jonghyun with a calm voice. He was tired. After his shift in the hospital to accompany Minho he just got home for a shower then went directly to the meeting.
 
"That's a good idea 'cause I admit I'm starving" replied Mr. Ko, the sponsor of a men's perfume.
 
They ordered there appetizer, they finished it so quickly but still no sign of miss Lee Charm Yin. 
 
Everyone was getting impatient when suddenly Jonghyun's phone rang.
 
"excuse me for awhile sir" he said then went out of the room. It was an unfamiliar number. He clicked the answer button.
 
"hello? Jonghyun speaking, may i know whose this please?" he said casually.
 
"Its mister Lee Jong Di's secretary, he wanted to know if miss Charm Yin had arrived in the meeting?" asked the secretary.
 
"actually no, we had been waiting for her for an hour but we still haven't seen a shadow of her" replied Jonghyun.
 
The secretary was quiet for awhile. She informed Mr. Lee about Charm Yin's absence in the meeting. After a moment she returned to the phone.
 
"Mister Kim, Mister Lee said that you could start the meeting even without Miss Lee, you can just go here on his office after the meeting for you to discuss about the different agendas of the meeting" said the secretary.
 
"is that so? Then thank you, tell him to expect for my visit after the meeting" replied Jonghyun the hunged up.
 
He returned his phone inside his pocket. He was eager to know if who was Lee Charm Yin. He sighed then returned inside the room.
 
"it was Mister Lee's secretary, he requested us to start the meeting even without Miss Lee, I'll be the one to inform him the agenda of the meeting after this" said Jonghyun. Everyone sighed. "thank God!" everyone thought.
They ordered for there main course and started to discuss about there different agendas.
 
They talked about the coming launch of the new mag that they called "The It" which means the girls. They discussed about how many pages would there product occupy and many more. 
 
Hours had pass and the meeting was officially done.
 
"so I'll see you all in the launching of the issue" said Jonghyun with a smile then shook hands with each of the men in the room.
 
Everyone got out except for Jonghyun. He was arranging his things, folders, ballpens, papers etc. He was about to leave when a lady entered the room. She was wearing a green tank tops covered by a green bolero, blue leggings and blue heels with some accessories. Not to mention she was carrying her dog, a fox terrier. 
 
"Am I late or I'm just too early?" asked the lady.
 
"May I know your name please?" asked Jonghyun casually. 'this must be Lee Charm Yin' he thought.
 
"Lee Charm Yin, the representative of the Cellphone industry" replied Charm Yin. Jonghyun was right. 
 
"sorry madam, but the meeting is already done, we've waited for you for almost one hour but you didn't came, your dad called and told us to start the meeting without you" explained Jonghyun. Charm Yin was shocked with what he said.
 
"done? how could that happen? they told me that the meeting would start 3 pm sharp, in my watch its 2:50, so technically I'm 10 minutes early" replied Charm Yin using an Australian accent.
 
"ohh... so you waren't inform about the change of the schedule? The board rescheduled it to 12 noon" answered Jonghyun. Charm Yin glared at him.
 
"I'm about to go to your dad to discuss with him things about the meeting" added Jonghyun when suddenly Charm Yin's phone rang. She excused herself and went out. It was her dad on the phone. She sighed.
"hello dad?" said Charm Yin.
 
"Charm Yin, where the hell are you? The others informed me that the meeting is done an you haven't show your face! come to my office, NOW!" shouted her dad on the phone.
 
"but-" before she could continue her dad hangged up. She again sighed. Jonghyun touched her shoulder. She shrugged.
 
"any problem?" asked Jonghyun with a comforting tone.
 
"none, are you going to office?" asked Charm Yin with a depressed tone.
 
"yes, I'm going to your dad's office, want to come with me?" asked Jonghyun.
 
She just nodded. They went out of the room and walked towards the stairs. Jonghyun didn't know how to comfort Charm Yin. Hello? it was there first time to meet. 
 
They went out of the restaurant after Jonghyun had payed the bill and went directly to the carport. Jonghyun car was beside Charm Yin's car.
 
"this is my car, I think I'll just go to the office using this" said Charm Yin.
 
"no, I insist, you just come with me" said Jonghyun then escorted Charm Yin into his passenger seat.
 
After a while he started driving.
 
The drive was so quiet, no one dared to talk until Charm Yin remembered one thing, she haven't asked the name of the gentleman.
 
"excuse me" she started.
 
"yes?" asked Jonghyun.
 
"I believe you haven't told me your name" said Charm Yin. Jonghyun smiled.
 
"Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun" he replied.
 
"I see" replied Charm Yin. 'Jonghyun, what a nice name' she thought then smiled.
 
The aura was again filled with silence. Jonghyun noticed it.
 
"so what's the name of your dog?" asked Jonghyun to start a topic.
 
"smile, her name is Smile" replied Charm Yin.
 
"nice name, where did you bought it?" asked Jonghyun. 'what a stupid question!' he thought.
 
"Its a gift, a gift from my ex-boyfriend" replied Charm Yin with a smile.
 
"sorry to hear that" answered Jonghyun with a blush. '
 
'was he blushing?' thought Charm Yin.
 
"not a problem though, thanks to him I got a new best friend" said Charm Yin.
 
After a few minutes of talk they arrived.
 
He parked the car to the nearest carport then escoreted Charm Yin inside. She was nervous, nervous on what his dad might say.
 
They arrived at the 3rd floor where his dad's office was located. Her hands were trembling. Her hands were trembling everytime she gets into this situation especially when his dad gets angry with her. 
 
Jonghyun noticed it. His hands were trembling too, trembling because he wanted to hold Charm Yin's hand for a comfort, but he didn't know the reason why.
 
"Miss Lee, your dad wanted to talk to you" said the secretary. 
 
Charm Yin stood up and was about to enter when suddenly a strong hand hold her hand, it was Jonghyun. "dont worry, I'll explain to your dad about the change of schedule" he said with an assuring tone. Charm Yin just sighed. Jonghyun let go of her hand.
 
10 minutes later Charm Yin got out of the office with a sigh.
 
"he wanted to talk to you" she said.
 
Jonghyun nodded.
 
"by the way, I'll go now" said Charm Yin with a smile.
 
"nice meeting you" she added.
 
"nice meeting you too, hope to meet you again" said Jonghyun then he entered the office.