— Chapter 08

Night Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R 0 8 ;

I Need a Hero to Save Me

 

 

It was finally the day of the ball and I was completeley nervous. Sehun was coming to pick me up, and I hope I look good. My grandma patted my head, giving me a small smile, "you look handsome tonight, dear."

"Thank you, grandma," I nodded.

I heard the bell ring, I quickly bidded goodbye to grandma and skipped to Sehun's car. I took a deep breathe and opened the door, carefully letting myself in, making myself comfortable on the soft leather seats.

"Umm hi," Luhan smiled.

Sehun gave me a short nod and started driving. Sehun was wearing a black tuxedo and was quietly focusing on the road. He looked really handsome that I couldn't stop staring at him with red cheeks. I wondered why Sehun asked me to be his date, he didn't really like me, did he? I sighed, letting my head rest into the window, a million thoughts embracing my mind.

The ride wasn't that long, we reached the school grounds and Sehun guided me to the gym hall. Sehun looked at me and offered his arms for me to hold on, I encircled my arm around his and we walked into the hall.

Music was playing, and a lot of couples were dancing. I spotted Taemin and Minho from a far, they were both so engrossed in their conversation, not noticing the things around them.

"Don't be out of my sight, okay?" Sehun whispered.

"Okay."

With that, he left me and went to chat with two girls. I was a bit jealous since he left me for them,so I went to say hi to Taemin and his date. Taemin greeted me with a hug, "I didn't know your date was Sehun."

"I'm not believing reality either," I gave him a small smile.

"What's wrong?" Taemin asked, holding my arm.

"It's nothing," I smiled.

 

 

The night went on, with no signs of anyone I know. Taemin and Minho excused themselves earlier, probably to kiss, I concluded. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see Kai, staring at me cheekily.

"How's the night going?"

"Not bad," I forced a smile.

"Well, why don't I cheer you up?" he wiggled his eyebrows, "may I have this dance?" Kai grinned, holding his hand out for me.

"S-sure," I laughed.

He walked me to the centre and looked at me, I put my hand into his and we both started dancing. Kai looked into my eyes and I giggled, "you're a smooth dancer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter