CHAPTER FIFTYSEVEN: Selfless or Selfish...

Who Cares If You're Older ... Doesn't Mean I Can't Love You ...

- 3 MONTHS LATER -

[Myunghee's POV]

 

"Oh my god! Can you guys please hurry up?! We're going to be late!" Jae unnie said as she passed through the hall way.

 

Today was the day that we have been waiting for. Actually the second day we have been waiting for. It has been six months since we've came to Korea and we are finally filming our first music video! The unnies have been so busy with composing songs and writing lyrics that we hardly ever saw them come out of the recording studio at home. As I finished getting ready to leave, Hyun and Min came running into my room, knocking me over.

 

"What the hell! Watch where you're going pabos!" I yelled. Minhee pulled her phone out of her pocket and showed me an article that was released in allkpop.
 

"Yayayaya! Did you see this?" She whispered as I read the title of the article:
 

B1A4 MEMBER TO BE CASTED AS NEW WGM HUSBAND!

 

I stared at the article.... For about fifteen seconds until Hyunae slapped my forehead.

 

"YAH! What the hell!" I yelled at her.

"Okay, sorry! But what the hell does this mean? I don't understand why the oppas wouldn't tell us about this." She yelled as she stomped her feet in frustration.

"Hyun, just calm down right now okay?" Minhee said to her.

"Okay, fine. I'll calm down since not much as happened recently to start having new problems occurring." She said as we all looked at each other and thought about what has happened since the incident of Sooyeon unnie and Jinyoung oppa.

 

"Yeah, I know what you mean but we're all much better now after that. Even though Jae unnie broke up with Shinwoo oppa and Yeon unnie and Jinyoung oppa are actually somewhat talking after what happened. Despite all of that, they managed to finish the album and are still the protective and hardworking older sisters that we know and love!" I grabbed my jacket, purse and headed out the door.

 

"Come on or we will get punished later if we don't leave soon!" I said as I ran to the kitchen to grab a drink when I realized that Sooyeon unnie and Jaehwa unnie were sitting at the table talking. Of course, I didn't want to eavesdrop but I was intrigued by what they were talking about.

 

"Unnie, are you sure that the girls will be okay with this?" Jaehwa unnie asked

"You know how they would feel about one of their oppas doing WGM even if it wasn't their own boyfriends. Yes, we would all be sad for one another but what we all need to understand is that this is for their group's popularity, not for us or how we would react. This is what we do now." Unnie explained as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

 

"Yeah, I know what you mean unnie but it's going to hurt one of us more than the other." Jaehwa unnie replied back.

 

"Well luckily for them, they won't get hurt because it isn't any of the younger guys." Unnie said and then drank some of her coffee.

 

"Anyways, can you call them? It's about time we leave. This isn't something we should be worrying about anyways. I'll talk to Shinwoo oppa later, okay? I'll start the car." Unnie said and placed the cup in the sink. I hid between the walls as I saw Jae unnie pass by to get the girls from their rooms.

 

I walked out, put my shoes on and joined my sister in the car.

 

"Hey unnie!" I said

"Wow, you got ready fast! Get in." Unnie said and got into the driver's seat. "You excited?" She asked, looking at me from the rear view mirror.

"Yeah I am but nervous at the same time!" I replied to her as she smiled after hearing my answer.

"Yeah, I know what you mean but it'll take some time to get use too even though it is our first out of many other music videos. Trust me, all you have to do is stand there and look cute. Which would be hard for you to do. *laughs*" Even though my sister is joking with me right now, it doesn't mean that she's completely fine.

 

It was quite in the car for that little moment because I knew that my sister wasn't okay, or that she had too many things going on in her head. What I have learnt about my sister is that she is strong, loyal and independent and when it comes to her private life she insist on keeping that part private. As her sister, I knew that it was my job to get things out of her.

 

"Hey unnie, I don't know if you saw the article posted by allkpop about one of the B1A4 oppas starring in We Got Married. Did you perhaps see that article?" I asked her curiously.

"Yeah, I did. I was suppose to tell you girls later today but I guess Sajangnim wanted to release it earlier than expected. It was suppose to be released tonight at midnight but I guess something happened or whatever." She said starring out the car window.

"Oh, I see… Ummm… I don’t know how to ask this but…-" she cut me off.
"You want to know which oppa it is, don’t you?" She asked.

"Yeah. I overheard you talking to Jae unnie and you said that it wasn't any of the younger oppas, so I'm assuming that it's either Jinyoung oppa or Shinwoo oppa… Which one of them is it?" I asked curiously.

"Well, it's -" She stopped as soon as the other girls gathered inside the car and we both smiled at them.

 

The things that have happened between both Sooyeon unnie and Jinyoung oppa were that things ended in a very awkward way. They both wanted to be together but within our career path and this entertainment business, not everything goes the way we want it to. We have to listen to people superior to us and what is best for our image rather than our well-being. The way that unnie saw their relationship together was something more than that. I cannot explain it in the greatest detail about my sister's feelings, but what makes it special to me was that the way she felt was genuine and he made her happy.

 

 

[Author's POV]

 

Elite drove to Myungdong to the studio where they were going to film their first music video and during the car ride questions were flying around to Sooyeon and Jaehwa about answers to who was going to be on We Got Married and why did they betray them. The younger girls always wondered what really did happen between Sooyeon and Jinyoung, and Jaehwa and Shinwoo because all that they knew was that they don't spend time together anymore than they use to. Jaehwa and Shinwoo's relationship started to drift apart due to the lack of communication and that their schedules didn't match. After B1A4's  Comeback of Solo Day and later on of Sweet Girl; the boys couldn't sleepover the dorm as much and they were pretty much either abroad or doing 24 hour schedules. But what surprised everyone the most was how Sooyeon and Jinyoung ended up on good terms after what happened a couple of months back after they had a fight over something that pretty much ruined them.

 

{FLASHBACK: 3 and a Half Months Ago}

 

It has been two weeks since Sooyeon and Jinyoung had their fight and things were pretty awkward between both groups since there was a noticeable tension between the leaders and no one knew how to break it. Jinyoung tried his best to show Sooyeon how much he cared about her and how sorry he was to treat her the way he did. Sooyeon, on the other hand, forgave him. She tried her best to make amends with him but every time they would reconcile, he would forget or he'd jut be way too busy for her.
 

"Oppa!" Sooyeon called and ran up to her boyfriend to kiss him.

"Yah! You can't do that here!" He said covering his face with his hood.

"Oh yeah, sorry! Anyways how was your schedule?" She asked. He shook his head and smiled.

"It was okay. We had to do a recording of Weekly Idol for Solo Day and then a radio interview. Nothing special." He replied, trying to hide the fact that there was some interesting news that he didn't know how to come about telling Sooyeon without making her upset.

 

They met up in front of the convenience store near the company and walked near each other but not too close. Sooyeon didn't want to confide all her trust into Jinyoung yet because it has only been two weeks since the incident and she was still getting punished by Jikwon for messing up with their schedules. After B1A4's rising popularity and Jinyoung's acting career going forward, she suddenly felt as if any problems or concerns she thought of had to be forgotten or pushed aside because she didn't want both of their careers being in jeopardy due to her feelings.

 

"Jagiya… are you okay?" Jinyoung asked her since he noticed her looking down while walking. "You know you're going to trip yourself if you continue to look down while you're walking. It would be safer if I could just hold your hand in mine and I could lead you, but we can't do that... I don't think we can ever do that." He said suddenly.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Don’t get me wrong, you don't know how many times I would rather be somewhere else than be here because that way I wouldn't have to mess up your career." She said and just walked ahead of him. Jinyoung just stared at her back as she walked ahead of him. He sighed and carried on forward.

 

As Sooyeon walked into the company, she noticed two familiar figures standing near the reception desk.

 

"Sooyeon-ah!" Junhyung and Doojoon yelled.

"Oppas! What are you guys doing here?" She asked and then looked at them with wondering eyes as if she knew why they were there. "We heard that you weren't going to France so we wanted to steal you for the day." Doojoon said and Junhyung looked at him as if he didn't know what was going on, "Wait, what… I thought we were going to take her t---" He stopped in midsentence due to getting hit in the head by Doojoon.

"Yah, pabo." Doojoon smiled and shook his head.  Sooyeon laughed and turned around to see Jinyoung there.

"You were going to leave for France? Since when?" Jinyoung said furiously, except he didn't express it through his actions but with his facial expression and tone of voice.

"Since that night. I was going to leave in a week but decided not  to because I didn't want to leave everyone here. I was going to tell you when the date came closer but I've decided I didn't want to anymore. So it's nothing." Sooyeon said calmly. "Okay, I see. Maybe we can talk about this later since we both have things to do." Jinyoung said and walked away.

 

"Well that was awkward…" Junhyung said making Doojoon elbow him and Sooyeon giggled.

"I found it cute" She smiled, "Kaja." She said and left with the two boys.

 

The three of them got to the van and the door opened showing the rest of B2ST inside. Sooyeon smiled at all of them. It has been a while since she has seen all of them together in one place. They would usually see each other during radio shows or when they randomly show up at the company and steals her or the other members for the day.

 

"Where are we going this time? I heard from the rest of the members that you have been secretly stealing us to go on adventures during your time off.  This is called kidnapping, you know." She said smiling.

"Well technically we're not kidnapping you since you came voluntarily and we are allowed to because we asked your manager's permission to take  you out today." Junhyung explained.

"And plus, I know you've been missing us and someone has been non-stop talking about you ever since we left for Japan." Kikwang said pointing to Yoseob, who was listening to music and starring out the window. "Well let me tell you all, I did miss you guys. I didn't even leave for France and you guys kept spamming me with multiple text messages. You all are crazy." She said as she stuck her tongue out at her seniors.

 

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

{Before They Kidnapped Sooyeon}

 

It was a busy day for the B2ST members and I since we were finishing up our promotions Good Luck. The members were talking about going somewhere to spend our one-month vacation.

 

"Why don't we all just go to Japan?" Kikwang suggested since no one was giving any options as to where we should go.

"Kikwang, do you really think we would be able to relax with all the screaming fans there?" Hyunseung asked.

"Okay, sorry bad idea…. But I don't see any of you naming places." Kikwang rebutted and crossed his arms. I laughed.

"How about we go to France? We could go visit Sooyeon." Dongwoon said and I tapped his back, supporting his idea.

"Yeah we should go there then! Someone should text her and asked if it's okay we could go and see her." Junhyung exclaimed.

 

Everyone then started to text her on their phones, as I just watched them all comparing what they were going to say and talking about how she might reply with either a snarky remark or a cute sentence. Just the thought about her leaving in a week is crazy! I just can't think about not seeing her for six months.

 

Sooyeon and I have started to become closer ever since that day that she was having problems with Jinyoung and their relationship. I remember telling her that I started to see her as more of a friend and that the way she makes me feel is something that I couldn't describe to her. I didn't want to tell her my feelings but they came out as if I had no control in telling her.

 

"Yoseob-ah! Did you get a reply back from Sooyeon?" Doojoon asked me as he woke me from my reverie.

"Uh ahhh, I didn't send her a text." I replied and they all looked at me as if I was crazy. "What?!" I said to them.

"Well, we all thought that you would but I guess you were just too busy daydreaming huh." Junhyung laughed and the others joined him.

"Daydreaming of Sooyeon? Me? Never." I said in embarrassment.

"No one said anything about Sooyeon." Doojoon laughed and I just sat there while they all just laughed at me for a good five minutes.

 

"Okay you guys can stop laughing now." I said as I took out my phone and decided to call Sooyeon instead of texting her.

 

It rang twice before she picked up.

 

"Hello. Yoseob oppa?"  She said and the sound of her voice made me smile.

"Neh. It's me. What are your plans tonight?" I asked her and I swear I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Nothing really, just composing and writing lyrics is what I've been doing for a good couple of hours. Why, what's up?"
"Well I don't know if you've been receiving crazy messages from the guys, but we were wondering if maybe you wanted to come over or we could come over and have a going-away party for you before you leave?"

"That would be awesome! I'd love that. If you guys are done your schedules for today, maybe you guys can come over and we can have dinner?"

 

["Sooyeon wants to know if you guys want to go over to her place and have dinner?"] I asked the guys.

["Yeah! Can we hyung?!"] Dongwoon asked Doojoon, well actually begging with his 'puppy dog' eyes.

["There's no problem with that. Just ask her if that's okay with her."] Doojoon said and pointed to my phone.

 

"Sooyeon-ah?" I called.

"Tell Doojoon oppa that it's okay that you guys come over. Also if you guys happen to sleep over, there's clothes here if you guys don't want to go home and pick some up. My mom sent over a bunch of clothes from Toronto."

"Okay. We'll see you soon. SRH." I said and the guys just looked at me, wondering what I just said.

"Nado." She said and ended the call.

 

 There are somethings that I do that people would call selfish, but to me it's selfless