Spectacular day

Can we turn back time?

Today has finally come. The day I've been waiting for. The day where I got the chance to meet Jokwon again. My family and I went to Teacyeon and Tiffany's beautiful house. My parents visit everytime Taecyeon and Tiffany are in town, but I only remember coming two or three times as a kid. The house is memorable. When Tiffany opens the door, I realize I'm holding my breath - in anticipation of who I'll be seeing inside.         "Hello!" Tiffany hugs all of us followed by Taecyeon. Over their shoulders, I do a quick check on whether or not he is here.

He's not here. My dad and Taec move to the deck to check the meat on the grill, while Tiffany ushers my mom into the kitchen. I'm lagging behind, trying not to be too obvious, but I check through every door.

"Gain-ah, I was hoping you'd bring Seunggi," Tiffany says loudly.

I round the corner and enter the kitchen. He's not here either. "Seunggi went to see his family this week," I answer.

"He's so good-looking," Tiffany laughs, fanning her face.

I laugh. "Yes, he is."

"He asked Gain to marry him last Saturday," my mom, the traitor, tells Tiffany.

"You're kidding! How exciting. When's the wedding?" Tiffany laughs.

"Who's getting married?" It's the voice I've been wanting to hear! It's him! He's here! I nearly drop the huge salad bowl I'm carrying. Fortunately, only the spoon go flying, landing on the floor with a loud sound.

Jokwon is behind us and I'm not sure how long he's been there. His hair is wet and standing every whch way. He crosses over to the sppon and gives me a blinding smile just before he bends down to pick them up.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi," I whisper back.

"Our lovely Gain here...." Tiffany answers.

"I look at her in horror. Jokwon sees my expression and looks confused.

"Our lovely Gain here what?" he asks, grinning at me again.

"Seunggi asked her to marry him," Tiffany announces.

Jokwon's smile slowly disappear and he looks down at the spoon as if he's forgotten why he has them. A full minute or two ticks by. I'm not sure if everyone goes on talking or if they're watching us. I only see him.

"Lucky bastard.....Congratulations," he says softly.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't say yes."

He takes a deep breath and blows it out slowly, shoulders sagging for a moment as he stares at me down. He steps in closer, standing in what would normally be my personal space. My throat catches as I wait to see what he's about to do.

"Why, you little.....heart-breaker." He sound so serious.

"I don't really know. I'm just not ready to marry Seunggi."

He waits for me to say more. When I don't, he nods his head and steps back. I get the impression that I've just disappointed him and I want to fix it.....but the moment passes and he's taking my arm and leading me to the table.

As we're talking, a shift occurs in the conversation and my parents want to know all about Jokwon. They didn't really get to talk to him the last time. He answers them respectfully and when they ask about his musci, he seems honest, but humble in his response, which is impressive to me. I know he could be arrogant about being so talented.

"I've been playing as long as I can remember and it's about the only thing I'm really good at. I'm fortunate to be making a living doing what I love to do. And as long as people keep listening, I'll keep playing. Actually, even beyond that - I would've to play music even if no one ever listened. It's just......like breathing."

He seems shy when he's done talking My parents continue grilling him about who he's worked with, the back story on some of their favourite songs of his and his upcoming schedule. I want them to stop the interrogation, but it's also affording me plenty of time to study him.

After lunch, we carry everything inside and Tiffany shoos us out of the kitchen, saying she'll get it later. I'm following everyone into the living room when my arm is tugged another direction. Jokwon pulls me into what looks to be an office.

"Let's get out of here." His eyes pierce into mine.

"What about Taec and Tiffany?

"Don't worry about them. You up for it?"

"Sure," I say, not exactly sure what I'm agreeing to.

"Your dress might be a problem," he frowns.

"What?"

He laughs at my tone and runs his hand lightly over my arm. "You look so amazing. That dress could wake a dead man. Did you bring a change of clothes?"

"No!" I glare at him.

"Okay, not a problem. We'll work it out. Come on, let's go while it's still nice outside." He takes my hand in his and lead me to his motorcycle.

Everything happens so quickly. I let Jokwon do the talking and before I know it, my parents, Taec and Tiff are saying they'll meet up with us later tonight. We walk out to the garage with Jokwon still holding my hands and stop in front of a Harley.

I've never been on the back of a motorcycle. I've never had any desire to be. But when Jokwon and I ride through the steep, winding streets, I understand the appeal. Having an excuse to hold onto Jokwon is an undescribable feeling; at first, I uncomfortably wrap my arms around his waist, but when we go flying around the corners and up and down hill after hill, I lean into him and hold on with all I've got. I love it.

We pukk up to a stp sign, and Ian looks down at my legs and sees how cold it is. He rubs his hands together and then over my legs to try to warm me up. "Let's get you warm," he says before taking off again.

We stopped in front of my favourite coffee shop. We get off from the bike and for a minute, I think he's going to take my hand, but he pauses and puts his hand on my back. Instead of going to the coffee shop, Jokwon leads me down the street to a cute boutique.

"Let me buy you something."

"No!" I shake my head and look at him to make sure he's listening. "You don't need to buy me anything."

"You were freezing on the bike. And I just....want to get you something. Will you think of me every time you wear these?" he says, holding up a pair of jeans.

"They're great. But no! You don't need to spend money on me."

"I'm going to keep you warm. You may as well get the right sizes because we are leaving here with an outfit." He rubs his hands up and down my arms. "See? You're still chilly. And I down't want to take you back to the house. Please. Unless you want to go back?"

"No.....I don't. But...."

"Okay, it's settled. Will these fit?" He hands me the jeans and when I try to look at the price tag, he rips it off.

We walk outside as we're done shopping. Jokwon is quite, but doesn't take his eyes off of me. From the boutique, we went to the coffee shop. I think this is the best day I've ever had.

As we drink our warm drinks, we sit and watch each other. Once I realize he's not expecting me to say anything, I relax and stare back at him. So much is being said without a single word. I'm not sure how much time passes; at least long enough for both of us to finish our drinks.

We continue our little adventure to a sushi place. When we arrive in front of the restaurant, Jokwon turns off the bike and just sits there for a moment with my arms around him. I realize I have to let go if he's going to get off and so I reluctantly move my arms to my sides. We talk about many things while waiting for our food and by the time we've finished every bite of food, I feel like I can tell him anything. While we wait for the check, Jokwon leans his chin on his hand and watches me.

"What?"

"I've never met anyone like you," he says.

"I've never met anyone like you either," I reply.

He leans in even further. "And you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

I'm not sure how long we're there; both of us are so deeply in this conversation. I vaguely recall hearing Jokwon's phone go off several times, but since he's ignoring it, I do too. Finally, it lets off a continuous buzz. I guess someone really wants to get in touch with him.

He takes a look at it. "Sorry, I should take this, I guess. This is one aspect of cell phones I don't likw," he whispers as he answers the phone.

Turns out it was Tiffany who is calling. She wanted us to meet them in a dessert shop. As he stands up, he holds out his hand and I take it. I would go wherever he wanted me to go.

Taec, Tiff and my parents are sitting at a cute table outside with their lattes and cheesecakes when we arrive. Jokwon and I are going to order when Tiffany grabs Jokwon's arm and pulls him aside. They stay outside and I go in to order a coffee. I glance out the window and watch Tiffany and Jokwon for a moment. She is doing the talking and he is running his hand through his hair. They both look angry to me, but maybe I'm imagining it. I step outside with coffee in one hand. Trying not to look at Tiffany and Jokwon's way, I sit down at the table closest to my parents.

Jokwon walks away from Tiff and walks inside. The waitress lights up when she sees him. My eyes narrow when she laughs at something he says. He turns and sess me watching him, and he turns back around and tugs his hair again. Jokwon comes back with a coffee and stands while drinking it, looking down the street. He doesn't look at me and I'd think I had done something to make him mad. Finally, he came towards my table and set his coffee down onto the table. He bends down and looks at every inch of my face, almost as if he is memorizing it.

"Thank you for a spectacular day, Son GaIn."

"Thank you, JoKwon."

He stands up, says his goodbye to everyone, hops on his motorcycle and rides off into the night. What happened? My heart starts punding, and I am horrified when my eyes threaten to well up. Something is not right.

I guess every perfect day has to come to an end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam moment at last!!! Sorry if it's not that good....and sorry for any spelling mistakes......

Enjoy!! :)