It's over

Can we turn back time?

Seunggi's call wakes me up early the next morning. I barely slept. Scenes from the day ran around all night in my head, making sleep impossible. I lean up on my elbows and croak out a hello. Seunggi is all sweetness and charm...until he ask what I've been doing and I tell him I was with Taec,Tiff....and Jokwon yesterday. He gets really quiet and then says he has to go.

Later at night, Seunggi come to visit me. His eyes have shadows around them. His hair is mess adn he doesn't usually look like this. He sits beside me on my bed. I put my arm around him. A sideways hug. The hug of friends. He still hasn't looked at me. He's wiped out and staring blankly into space.

"I'm losing you. That's what's happening here, right?" With that, he turns and loks at me, his eyes bleak.

"Seunggi-ah..."

"I need to know. I want to spend my life with you. I thought I could wait as long as it took and you'd come aroud. I thought I'd get back tonight and you'd be so happy to see me, you'd run down the stairs when you hear my voice...." He shakes his head. "It's not happening, is it? You're never going to..."

Tears almost escape from my eyes. "I wish I could love you like I should, Seunggi-ah. You deserve so much more than what I've given you," I finally admit.

"What am I missing here?"
"Nothing. You are...exceptional. Truly. I just don't feel it. I care about you so much."

"There has never been any doubt in my mind about my love for you."

"I'm so sorry," I whisper.

"I don't want you to be sorry!" He says loudly, causing me to jump. "Don't look at me like that, Gain-ah," his voice is quiet again. "I know you're not trying to hurt me....but don't feel sorry for me."

"I don't pity you....I am sorry, though." A tear falls off the tip of my nose. I wipe my face and lay my head on his shoulder.

He stands abruptly and runs his fingers through his hair. "I've gotta get out of here."

"Please - don't go like this. I have to know you're okay. Lee Seunggi, look at me." He walks out of my room and out of my life.

*******************************

The next few weeks are filled with all the hustle and bustle of leaving. I'm trying to catch a minute with Seunggi the day before I leave. Various giggling girls surround him. Word traveled quickly that we'd broken up. I'm sure the new girlfriend position will be filled in no time. He smiles faintly when he sees me and I want to kick myself for breaking his heart. Just before I reach him, a girl glides in front of him and doesn't gives me the chance to talk to Seunggi. He looks over her shoulder at me and after a few minutes, I decided to go home and gice him a shy wave before leaving. He smiles and waves back and my heart lifts just a little. I think we might be all right. In time.

Seoul is exactly what I hoped it would be. It's hectic and energetic. Fun things to do are available at all hours of the day and night. Jea unnie and I have finally gotten settled into our apartment. It's small, but cozy, and we've put our hearts into makeing it as cute as possible. To be honest, I really miss Seunggi - his friendship most of all. I guess maybe we should have only ever been friends. I know this now, but that's the kind of thing you can nly know after it's too late.

As much as I miss Seunggi, I still can't fet Jokwon out of my mind. I've played and replayed every single part of that day and cannot figure out what happened. Why did he go so cold on me? I have not heard a single word from him. It hit me one night that I don't think he knows that I'm coming to Seoul.

It's for the best. Things ended on such a weird note anyway. It's not like he's been calling my parents' house night and day looking for me or anything. What I thought was special was probably just what he does with every girl he goes out with. He has probaly not given me a second thought.

The week after thanksgiving, my parents call yo tell me we're taking an ski trip over christmas break and that Taec, Tiff and Jokwon will be part of the group. I choke and was left speechless. By the evening, I have an email with my flight details. The ski trip will last for a week. I think I might be in shock. I'm excited that I'll see Jokwon again and yet annoyed that I haven't heard anything from him in all these months.

A couple weeks later, my parents picked me up at the airport. "Have you seen Taec and Tiff yet? I s everyone already here?" I asked as we were on our way to the ski resorts.

"We saw them briefly as we were leaving to get you. There's quiet a group here, maybe about twenty people...." My mom looks back at me and smiles. "Jokwon asked about you. He wondered if you were coming...."

"Hmmmm." I say with a poker face. I'm trying really hard to hide my smile. Meanwhile, my insides are doing trampoline circus tricks.

It's dark by the time we arrived. The view is really amazing. Every stressful thought from the last couple of moths dims, and anticipation takes its place. This will be wonderful.

I thought I wasn't ready to see Jokwon yet, but my eyes scan the lobby, searching every corner for him. I can't wait to see him. Even if it doesn't go the way I might hope, I just want to look at him. Upon arriving, we were lead to the lodge's restaurant. Our group os already there and introductions are made all around. Still no Jokwon. Everyone seems pretty nice. I joined the younger side and sit by Narsha unnie. Across from Narsha unnie is Changmin, and I think they're a couple. On the other side of Narsha unnie is a gorgeous blonde, Lizzy. Nezt to Seulong are two handsome boy, Choi Pilkang and Jinwoon. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone, especially Narsha unni and Choi Pilkang, when I feel him in the room. I turn around and sure enough, Jokwon is walking into the restaurant.

Changmin sees him next. He waves, and Jokwon lifts his hand to Changmin, but his eyes are on me. He walks straight for me and stops just behind my chair. I look up at him and can't help it.

"Son Gain...." his lips curve up. "You made it. How are you?"

"I'm well. How about you?"

"Same." We stare each other down....until Lizzy clears . "I saved you a seat, kwonnie oppa," she calls out.

Jokwon doesn't look at her right away, but when he does, the spell breaks. He pats my back in a friendly gesture and goes to sit by her. I can't help it. I'm jealous. I can't hear what Lizzy and Jokwon are saying, but it sounds like they're not having any topics.

After finish eating, I excused myself from everyone else as I was really exhausted. I head to other side of the table to tell my parents and am turning to leave when I nearly run into Jokwon. "Let me walk you to your room," he says.

We walk oout of the restaurant and into the hallway of the lobby. He puts his hand on my shoulder, giving me a sideways hug of sorts. He keeps watching me, smiling and assessing me with those eyes. I can't think of a thing to say, and I don't want to spoil the moment with questions. All too soon, we're at my door. He takes both my hands and clutches them firmly in his. "When you're done with your ski lesson in the morning tomorrow, will you ski with me?"

"Oh~~~" a nervous laugh escapes, "I'm not sure that's such a good idea. In fact, I'm sure it's NOT." I shake my head.

He laughs back at me. "You'll be great. And if you're not, I can help you."

"Right. Because you're an excellent skier, aren't you?"

"How did you know?" He teases, as his thumb softly outlines my thumb and the plam of my hand.

*****************

The next day, I went to find Jokwon as we promises to ski together. As I am walking, A high-pitched giggle grabs my attention and I look up to see Jokwon and Lizzy standing by the coffee bar. She leans over and pulls Jokwon's face closer to hers to whisper something in his ear. He smirks and shakes his head, while Lizzy looks really satisfied. I feel my eyes narrowing as my blood nearly boils out of my skin. I never thought I was a jealous person, but I just might be.

They don't see me, so occupied with their own little world; they are oblivious to anyone around them. I study them both and wonder what she is to him...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! I'm back kkkkk.....This might be my last update before school starts on monday. And when school starts, I might nt be able to update for like a month(?) but I'll try my best though........sorry if the story is not that good and is a little bit confusing...I know I'm not good writer so please forgive me hehehehehe.....Don't worry there will be more AC moments once they become and official couple(?)

and FYI Choi Pilkang is Jea's real-life boyfriend just in case you guys don't know ^^

For my suscriber, silent reader and for those who writes comment...Thank you very much!! ^^