Meeting him for the first time

Can we turn back time?

-------- 5 years ago--------

In just a few weeks, I will be moving across the country to start school at Seoul University. I’m going through my massive collection of books when my mom knocks on my dooer and opens it.

“You almost ready for our lunch date?” My mom asked.

“Yes, I just keep trying to separate through the books. I’m down to two boxes of books now,” I cringe. “I can’t stand to think of not having all the ones I want with me. A little bit of home...”

“Don’t get me crying, honey.” My mom leans over and hugs me. “You can’t take all your books, your room will feel like you’re gone forever.”

“I’ll be back. I guess I should leave my favourite books here, so I’ll have a reason to come home,” I tease.

“Good thing your boyfriend’s staying behind....that should give you a reason to come home.” She said.

I think about that for a moment. Seunggi is quiet about the approaching separation lately, and it makes me wonder for the millionth time how distance will affect us.

“Get ready, so we’re nt all waiting on you. I’m excited for you to see Taecyeon and Tiffany. It’s been so long. And I know how much Seunggi is looking foward to meeting them. He’s supposed to be here soon to pick you up, isn’t he?”

“Yep....I’ll hurry.”

I’ve been dating Seunggi for the last four months. He’s the same age with me and beyond handsome. I have a date with Seunggi later tonight, too. He’s been talking about a restaurant he wants to try and he’s also benn talking a lot about meeting Taecyeon. Taecyeon and his wife, Tiffany, have been friends of our family for years, but I can’t even remember the last time I saw him. I barely remember his wife at all.

After taking shower, I decided to put on a red dress which I just bought last week. I bounce down the stairs, suddenly feeling excited about the lunch. Seunggi is just entering the house when I get down.

“You look amazing!” He kisses me and hugs me tight. I kiss his cheek and call out my dad, “We’re ready.”

When we get to the restaurant, I go inside with me mom. Seunggi and my dad are finishing up a discussion and are taking too long to get inside. I am HUNGRY, and you don’t get in my way when I’m hungry. I am about to ask my mom if she sees Taecyeon and Tiffany when I see him.

“MOM, Jokwon is here. That’s Jokwon. Look!” I am clutching arm and about to pass out.

She takes a look at the table in front of us and shakes her head, “I don’t think so, dear. That is Taecyeon and Tiffany he’s talking to, though.”

“It’s him. I know it’s him.”

Just then Taecyeon and Tiffany turn around and spot us. They wave their hands toward us signaling us to go towards the table. After catching up with each other, Taecyeon suddenly turns around and says, “And we brought a dear friend of ours, Jokwon? Kwon-ah, come meet Son Gain and her mom. Where is your dad?”

Jokwon steps foward and takes my hand. He is staring down into my eyes. I’ve been looking for you, his eyes are saying.

“Hi, I’m Jokwon but you can call me kwon.” He grins and squeezes my hand.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Gain.”

“I’ve been looking for you,” I say. NO! Did I just say that out loud?! Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod. Please tell me I didn’t just say that out loud.

He smirks. Oh he’s so hot. Pretty, even. “Have you? Well, now you’ve found me, I wasn’t aware we knew each other? I would’ve remembered this face.” He runs his eyes from my head down to my toes and back up again, painfully slow. “I would’ve remembered you for sure,” he leans down and whispers.

“Taec!” My dad’s loud voice brought me back to reality. I suddenly feel an arm go around my waist. I assume it’s my mom until Seunggi says, “And you are?” I’d completely forgotten Seunggi.

Jokwon let go of my hand to shake Seunggi’s. I hear Seunggi say, “Gain’s boyfriend,” but my eyes have never left Jokwon’s face. Jokwon loks back at me, and he seems amused.

“She’s stunning; you’re a lucky man,” I hear him say.

“I know. I’m so glad she’s mine.”

Unsure of how it even happens, I find myself with Seunggi on my left and Jokwon on my right. After we’ve ordered, Jokwon turns his whole body towards mine, place his elbow on the table, rest his head on his hand and stares at me. He started asking question after question starting from hobby to my relationship with Seunggi.

“What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked, feeling the need to ask this question.

“Why? Do you want to fill the spot?” He said while grining widely. “You seem able to take it,” He continued.

I laugh and wanted to say, yes, I’ll fill in the spot. Pick me, Pick me. I’m startled when Seunggi takes my hand, and I feel the first twinge of guilt.

“Are you really hitting on me with my boyfriend sitting right here?” I am both proud and appaled by his audacity.

He gave me his biggest smile and tried to change the topic.

“Hey, do you want to watch me playing at House of Blues cafe this week? I’ll be playing a couple nights. I’m a musician.” He finally says.

“I know.”

“oh, okay.”

“I heard you play.....four years ago,” I confess.

“Really! Where was this?”

“It was at a huge concert in Central park.”

“Central park? Tell me more about it.”

“Well I was with my family spending our free time at the park, listening to music. At one point, I spotted you by the stage. Your songs blew everyone completely away. I’ve never heard anything like it.”

His phone beeps and looks down, frustrated that our cnversation is interupted. “Oh, wow. I have to go. Honestly I thought I’d be thrilled to have an excused to leave, but I’d give anything to stay now that I’ve met you.” His eyes are so genuiune, I actually believe him. “ I have a meeting in a half hour. Nice meeting you, Son Gain. You’ve made a forgettable day memorable.” He grabs my hand and kisses it.

And with that, he stands up and leaves. I watch him walk past the window. He looks like he just lost his bestfriend.

What I didn’t tell Jokwon about seeing him the first time was that I cried the whole time he sings. I had never heard anything so beautiful. I found out his name on a program. When I got home, I took out my journal titled Important things that happened in my life and wrote: I met Jokwon.

I’ve been looking for him ever since.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got to update this chapter!!! Sorry if it's hard to understand...

I'm currently very curious to the line up for MBC gayo daejun xD i really hope that AC will have a special stage again kkkkk

anyway......Enjoy :)