Fate?

Can we turn back time?

It has been a year, two months, and seventeen day since I last saw him. Two years, ten moths, and five days since he broke my heart – well, since I knew that he had broken my heart. Technically, he began breaking my heart the moment I met him, five years, eleven months, and one day ago. I’ve travelled across the country to get away from him, changed my phone number so he couldn’t keep calling, had one botched relationship after anothe, all in effort to forget.

And now I’m 5,206 miles from home, waiting on an another flight to head 500 miles further south, and he’s walking toward me in LAX airport. Jokwon is oblivious to the fact that our lives are going to crash in.....five, four, three, two....

I can’t move as he walks up to my gate and begins talking to the agent. I’ve seen the plane we’re about to get on together. There is no escaping him. He is perfection, and I’m not the only one who thinks so. The ticket agent looks all aflutter as she gazes up at him and stutters. His thick hair is sticking up in every direction, just the way I like it. He looks sleepy and obscene; I want t slap him and wrap my arms around him and breathe his air.

Before I even know what I’m doing, I am on my feet and sprinting through carry-on bags and travelers’ feet. I have to get out of here. If he sees me, I can’t guarantee what will happen. I just don’t think I can risk it. My heart can’t take it any more.

I avoid his general direction and am making progress when I get snagged on a zebra print suitcase. The edge of my clothes catches on the handle of the bag and one yank doesn’t do the trick. Panic begins to overtake me; my hands are shaky mess. I am just about to rip a hole in the material so I can keep moving when I hear him.

His voice cuts through the chatter around us. I’ve missed that voice. “Gain nuna?”

My whole body goes still. Except for the tremors in my hand and knees and guts. I grab my clothes again, and this time it miraculously come loose.

“Gain nuna?” He says again and gives his hair a nervous tug. His eyes swallowed me up, and I know I have to sit before I faint. I put on my calmest face and give a polite, but cold smile. “Jokwon?!” I say. He nods and reaches out to touch my face. I back up. If he touches me, it’s over. I pretend to not see the hurt in his eyes.

“Sit with me?” he asks. I collapse on the first open seat. Jokwon sits beside me; elbow on his knees, knees against mine, his eyes trying to read me. “I can’t believe you’re here in front of me. You look good, nuna. So beautiful.” He broke the silence.

“I see your face every night when I close my eyes. All day long, I think I see you, everywhere I go....” His eyes cloud. “I’ve dreamed this so many times, I’m not even sure you’re real right now. Are you really here?”

A thick lump burns in my throat, making it harder and harder to swallow. I knw all about seeing his face everywhere. And not sleeping. And how long it took me to even eat again after he tore my heart out and stomped on it with the grey shoes that we wore it as a couple. I take a deep breath and fix my face as a blank slate, void of all feeling. Except the hate I wish I could have for him.

In our stupor, I think we’ve missed a few of the boarding calls because the ticket agent looks pointedly in our direction as she loudly makes the FINAL CALL TO BOARD.   All the other passenger are sitting and waiting for us when we get on the plane.

“Well, what do you know, our seats are next to each other,” he smirks.

I sit on my seat trying to ignore the fact that he was right there beside me.

“I’ve never stopped loving you, Son Gain.” I focused on breathing and not losing my coffee and muffin all over him. “I’ve never loved anyone but you.” He goes on, seemingly unfazed by my silence. I turn my head and the look on my face seems to scare him. His eyes widen.

“It doesn’t matter, Kwon-ah. Love...it means nothing, at this point. And i’m the only one n this non-relationship who can truly say that I’ve never loved anyone but YOU. So don’t even give me that nonsense about only loving me. That’s a load of crap.” I huff and look out the tiny window, trying to forget he’s there.

He chuckles and I turn my face around to see what could possibly make him laugh. “You still love me,” Jokwon whispers, my cheek.

Jokwon is a famous singer. The songs he wrote for me a couple years ago will be playing every time I go to the mall, every time I turn on the car. And every time I hear his songs playing, I feel like crying.

“Nuna....we don’t have much time left on this flight.” He presses his fingers and takes a deep breath. “Give me your number. Please. I  promise I won’t...well, I can’t really promise that. Just say you’ll see me again while you’re here.”

“It’s not a good idea.” I shake my head, as much to myself as to him.

“Well, my number is the same. I will never change it. You know, hoping one day you’ll call and say you’re taking me back,” He says earnestly.

He’s watching me, waiting for me to say something. Just one word to give him hope and we will be back in our little world of love. I turn to face him and he looks at me expectantly, willing me to let him back n. Willing me to say yes....

I shake my head and the cobwebs clear. I remember. I remember it all. I want him to hurt.

“How’s Tiffany?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone!!! I'm done with my exams and suddenly wanted to write an adam fanfic! Hope you guys enjoy it! sorry for any mistakes :p

comment from you guys will be really appreciated :p!

note: I use Tiffany in this story because Raina, Lizzy and OBS is overused. Jokwon once said that his ideal type is Tiffany and Tiffany once said that she wanted to have a boyfriend like Jokwon that's why I use her in this story.