Stranger

Airport Love

kai | Tumblr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUguw6cJkjU


All persons who have traveled at some point of their life have had an airport love. That stranger who happened to pass by security at the same time as you or someone who pass by you. This is my love story, I will tell all the difficulties I went through to finally be with who is now my fiancé.

In June 11, 2007, I was at the airport ready to go back to my country. I was having a little chat with my mother before going through security.

"Ready to go back? Your friends must miss you."

"Yes, I want to see them already."

To be honest, I was not excited at all to return to England. Not that I don’t love my country, because I do love it, but I felt more comfortable being in another country with my brother. There were many new things to discover. Unfortunately, the holiday did not last long and we had to say goodbye to my brother very fast.

"Let’s go. It's time to board the plane" my mother said with a big smile on her face, I knew that the smile was fake, on the inside she was very sad to leave my brother in a foreign country.

I nodded, look for the last time the airport to at least remember how it looked like. I got up from the chair and walked with my mother to the security area. I was too distracted looking at my brother and saying goodbye to him through body movements. My mother was looking forward trying to avoid every possible eye contact with my brother since she did not want to cry in front of him. When she is looking straight ahead, she notices a young boy, very handsome. Quickly, my mother makes me look forward.

"How handsome." my mother exclaimed with a lover sigh that made ​​me laugh.

I looked at the boy and I was paralyzed, he was extremely handsome. He was tall, slender, he had longish black hair, slanted light brown eyes, not as swarthy skin, but not so white skin and his outfit was a gray shirt, black pants, and red vans.  He was reading a book and I must say he looked too well using nerd glasses. He looks up from his book and his eyes met mine. Shocked, I looked away, avoiding his eyes.

"Hey, he is watching you." My mother whispered, I just nodded and my cheeks turned a very light pink color.

When I looked up the guy was in front of me, he gave me a small smile. I smiled back shyly and waited a little for him to say something. He seemed nervous and waiting for my mother to give us some space to feel more comfortable to talk. My mother apparently knew what he wanted and left without saying anything to us, giving us some space and privacy. We both went through security then we stopped near the waiting area to board the aircraft.

"Hello. My name is Kim Jong In. I noticed that you were looking at me a while ago."  

I blush a little.

"Nice to meet Jong In. My name is Lee Ji Eun."

I extended my hand, he did the same, and we both gave a good handshake. We smiled and started talking. After a while we had to dismiss because it was time for Jong In to get into his plane. I do not know why at that moment we did not exchange phone numbers or e- mails, or anything like that. I just know that at the time that Jong In gave me his back and walked away from me, I could not control the pain that came up in my heart. My mother came back to where I stood and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Let’s go Eun."

We both boarded the plane. My mother kept crying for my brother; however I kept thinking about Jong In. Will I ever see him again? I hoped I did because Jong In had made me feel curious about him. I wished I had talked more with him, I wish have known him better. Why did I meet him the last day of my vacation? There are things in life that I will never understand.