Chapter 1

Miracles In December - Do wishes always come true?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Taemi!" Taemi's older brother called her.

"Wae Jongin ah?" She called back.

"Noona will come soon for your lesson!" He explained.

"Arasseo!" She was sitting on her bed, reading a book. She closed the book and grabbed her stick and stood up from her bed. It wasn't difficult to move around at home for her. She knew where everything was. But even at home she always had her stick with her. Just in case. The one who Jongin called Noona is Lee Eun Hee She is 27 years old.  

Since Taemi lost her sight 2 years ago Eunhee was there like a sister and since she just finished university she was Taemi's private teacher and taught her everything at home. She was sometimes there as her nanny so she doesn't need to be alone at home. Taemi didn't even miss the school. She was happy to have so many nice people around her. But she was also often sad because even though they were always there, she can't see them. She has all their faces now only in her memory. That made her feel bad sometimes but after 2 years she learned how to live with it. She also often hung out with her brother and his 5 friends. They all take good take of her and also leave her alone when she wants so. She was always curious how they would look like after 2 years.

She saw Eunhee only once before she was blind but she didn't mind.

"Annyeonghaseyo!! I'm here!" Eunhee came already with her own home keys. Her mother  thought it would be the best to give her, her own keys. 

"Eonni!!" Taemi came out of her room upstairs and was slowly approuching the stairs. Her stick was folded and hung with a loop on her arm. She found the stair railing quickly and rushed downstairs.

"Hey easy there!! Slowly! Or you'll fall." Eunhee warned her and she slowed down a little. 

"How are you?" Eunhee asked and saw Taemi smile brightly. "Aish this little girl." Eunhee hugged the still bright smiling Taemi.

"I'm happy to see you!" Taemi giggled. Eunhee pulled back and Taemi pouted, she was always the kind that loved to cuddle. Since she got blind it increased. She's always looking for kind of body contact, especially when she is outside she is usually clinging onto someones arm or hand or she feels lost. 

"I've got something for you!" Eunhee cheered.

"Wae eonni? What is it?" Taemi got curious.

"I brought you some more books in braille!! They're really good I've already read them!"

"Omo! Gomawo!" She hugged Eunhee again and Eunhee rummaged in her bag and handed Taemi the books.

"Oh? Eunhee ya, you're already here!" Taemi's mum came.

"Ne eomeonim." Eunhee bowed her head a bit.

"Aish no need to bow! You're part of the family!" Taemi's mum said and made both of them smile. "You brought new books for Taemi?" Eunhee nodded. Taemi used to draw much but this got somehow impossible for and she also used to sing very much, everyone loved to hear her singing voice. But after the accident she was in depression for a while and ever since she stopped. They didn't hear her sing anymore. She started to spend her time with reading books or listen to music.  

"Well I need to buy some groceries, can I leave you two alone?"

"And oppa?"

"He's coming with me. I need some strong arms to carry the bags." Her mum joked.

"I heard that!" Jongin came down the stairs and Taemi grinned.

"No need to grin." Jongin said and ruffled Taemi's hair.

"Ya oppaaaa!!" She whined and tried to fix her hair. He laughed.

"Ya gaja, I'll make your hair before we start our lesson." Eunhee suggested and grabbed Taemi's hand.

"Eo." The two of them went upstairs and the others went to buy groceries.

 

"Eonni gomawo!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter