Framed

Keeping It Simple
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]XII[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Hopeful[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]The following days were a repeat of the previous ones - uneventful and monotonous like the town they recently moved in to. Nestled between the sea and mountains and far from the bustling cities, Silvercoast is a haven for those searching for solace, which was exactly what he and his family needed after their loss.

His mother died in her sleep and there was nothing his father could do to wake her up. Needless to say, it was his father who took it the hardest. She was his light and when her light faded, his began to dim. His love for her was eternal. Her life wasn't. 

Their kind live long, hundreds of years long and they love just as long. They only love once and that's what it makes even more painful for his father.

He dreamed of that same kind of love and devotion his parents had for each other but he didn't want to suffer the same fate. He wanted to ask his father why he chose to love a mortal. Why did he choose to spend a few years with her when it meant living the rest of his long life alone?

The answer came to him just a week after they moved. Her name is Liana. 

Please log in to read the full chapter