Page 6 - The Past (Part III)

Lesson to Kiss

I'm so happy today that my foul mouthed friend is back home~ So I decide to write a bit longer to make my readers happy to~

Gonna play with him for couple days..so.. don't miss me~ xD

 

Warning : unbeta-ed, lots of grammar failure

ENJOY!! ^^

 


 

 

The past (part III)


His father passed away a day after Eric’s 29th birthday. He stayed at the old house to accompany Halmoni who couldn’t stop crying since last night. She lost his only son, but still she grateful to have grandson like Eric. He soothed her during the funeral. Eric was not crying of letting go his father. He thought its better be that way because he always suffering along of his life.


Lying on his old bed, he treasured the time when he was playing happily with his father. He loved to be carried by him, then he ruffled his hair. Whispering ‘Sleep my child. You must be a tough guy when you awake’ to his ear before he went to sleep. Till that one day when his father acted so weird and didn’t recognize him anymore. Halmoni said his father need to be cured. He was not sick as long as young Eric remember. His father was healthy. Then he saw few man dressed in white took his father away.


Suddenly sound of door opening interrupted his remembrance.


“Eric-ah. How’s halmoni?” he knew the voice without turning his sight. Its ‘him’.


“She’s sleeping now.” His back was all Hyesung could see. The older male was still wearing the black-white suit he had on since morning.


“There’s no more visitor so…I’m better going home now. If theres anything you need, just call.” The younger was about to leave when he said something, almost whispering.


“Please … stay.” Made him looked up to the elder again. He turned his face finally. His eyes were blood shot, forming tears at the corner of his eyes, his breathing was heavy.


Hyesung felt sudden urge to comfort the elder. He might look though but he was scattered inside, reminded him of the day when he lost his mother. The pain was unbearable. He closed back the door and took steps approaching the older.


“Eric-ah…” he reached the other’s hand.


“Cupcake…” the older shift closer, resting his head on the younger’s lap as he settled down the bed “I.. I missed him…” he cried. The elder finally released the pain he was holding back.


He didn’t have to say it. Hyesung already knew that he loves the oldman. Whenever they have break they would visit the oldman at the hospital. Brought him new sweater for winter and some sweets Hyesung made. Like father like son, they love sweets.


There are times when he called ‘Junghyuk-ah’ a bliss for his son, but the next minute he just walked away and talk by himself. Hyesung couldn’t unseen Eric clutched his chest at the moment. He never said its hurt tough.


The younger said nothing but caressing his scalp and let his other hand intertwined warmly with the elder’s. He knew words wouldn’t do anything at the moment. Peculiar, but Hyesung did feel almost the same pain.


When the birds was chirping outside the window and Eric was still, breathing softly in his embrace, Hyesung was certain the elder would be the death of him someday.


***


“With all respect, this issue have been everywhere around and it start affecting the whole company. If you’re going to marry her please do it soon or else.” The younger male never been frustrated about the others romance. But if it bothering their works, he wouldn’t just keep quiet to the boss.


“Says who? That fashion writer? I don’t even date her.” The elder shruged, sticked out his lower lips as if it was a small stuff.


“So why is this issue about your relationship keep spreading? There is no smoke without fire, Eric-ssi”


“Okay, calm down. We just had dinner couple times. But it was not a date. Geez, she’s not even my type… So why you have to fuss over it?” still he acted unbelievable calm.


“I’m protecting this company on Halmoni’s behalf. I’m sure if she find out this thing she will do exactly the same with me.”


“Alright, Halmoni’s boy. I’ll fix it. I’ll call that after this and settle her down.”


“No foul mouth in office.”


“Aish! Jjinja! You heard like Halmoni now. Look! Even your hair turns grey.” The elder laugh, didn’t realize his words set the younger on fire.


“Fine. Do whatever you want, Eric-ssi.” In a very cold way. He his heel and stepped out Eric’s office. To add more dramatic scene, he slammed the door. Hard. Lucky the glass didn’t crack.


“Cupcake! Aish.” he forgot. He must act formal in office. “Hyesung-ah!” Eric tried to catch him but he’s already nowhere to be seen. He might going home.


Eric kept his saying. He did talk to the female writer and suggest her to clear their issue. That they got nothing between. And as he said before, the lady stepped out furiously. Not forget to lay fingers on Eric’s face. Not that Eric never been slapped before.


“Cupcake? Where are you?” he kind of trespassing the younger’s unit since he just push his password –which it was his birthday, arranged backward- he used to see it without the others knowing. What else he could do if Hyesung was not picking his call all day long since his fussing.


No, Hyesung was not home. Think about it, where does he run whenever he get trouble with Eric? Right, Halmoni’s boy will run to Halmoni’s place. Eric thought he was smartest man alive.

 


“Halmoni, is Hyesung here?” was Eric’s first question when he saw Halmoni sat comfortably on her favorite sofa.


“Yes. And what had you done this time?” She fixed her glass so Erics face become clear to her old eyes.


“Ani! I didn’t do anything wrong.” He waved his hands.


“You’re lucky. He didn’t spill anything to me or else I will just hit you with my cane.” The old lady in her middle 70s and healthy that you don’t want to make any mess with her. “Pabo-ya! Get your head down here quick!” so she could easily whack his grandson’s empty head with full force.


“Ouch! Do you need to torture me like this? Halmoni, I’m over thirty!” Eric whined.


“Seems like thirteen to me.” Halmoni pushed the remote’s play button, continued her enjoyment hearing some Elvis Presley’s and Frank Sinatra’s Golden Hits Hyesung had bring her earlier. Reminded her to her young. Eric dropped his jaw. “He’s in kitchen.”


Not waiting any longer, Eric took fast step to the kitchen. He striked in unalarmed.


“Cupcake!” calling top of his lungs.


“Wha..? Woaahh!!” Brukk. the male he was seeking fallen from the ladder, rather than fallen from the star.


“What were you doing?” he catched up the younger’s back. Helped him standing.


“I.. I was looking for sesame oil.” Dusting his clothes “Halmoni said it must be somewhere up there.”


“Gwenchana? Let me find’em.” He took over the ladder and checked all the upper cupboard. “Here it is.” Handed the bottle to the younger. “What are you cooking by the way?”


“…samgyetang...”


“Mansae! I’ve been tired all day looking for you and now I get my payment.”


“Who told you to tail me here. I don’t even cook for you! Go to that lady and ask her to cook for you.”


A silence fell upon them. Eric did remember all things he had done wrong. Well it was not totally his mistake. Its just the lady missed-understanding their relationship and bragged it off the entire country. Being together at couples of dinner and party wont make things get serious right? She was y, no man would refuse her companion for sure, but to date her was never in Eric’s head.


The next hour after her resignation, Eric made new rule. There would be no more female co-worker on his floor. He placed the other ladies to the other floor. He thought it would be more safe this way. For him and for Hyesung.


Heck, he knew that one girl who took glance to Hyesung once a while. Purposely occupied the desk near Hyesung’s door. Sometimes they had lunch together and chatting about the new recipes. Unlike Eric, why they never been rumoured? Is it because Hyesung was basically kind to every living things? So no one would pick his fault?


Was there no one in the building thought they were dating? Or just Eric who took it seriously? She was so annoying, Eric thought . But damn, like idol like fan, she’s diligent that Eric had no excuse to fire her. Till Eric found a way. He got two birds with one stone.


“Cupcake, mianhae...” The elder bent his head to side, blinking his eyes innocently. No he could never stand that puppy eyes Eric made.


The younger raised his brows. The elder’s words and act magically stirred his heart and all his anger fly away bidding goodbye.


“Fine. Help me clean the chicken.” Without looking to the others eyes. He hated the fact that he’s too easy to forgive the guy named Eric.


“Ayey captain...” Eric sang happily.


And they went on cooking together like a newly wed couple.

 


 


You see that M, Eric’s naturally a possessive bastard.


“Yes I know small headed. Just keep writing don’t disturb my observation.”


Hey. I’m just saying.


“Not that I need it.”


Fine.


”Do you have more popcorn?”


Not that I will give it to you. Oh ! Pause! Pause!


“What now?”


Cupid shot one arrow around this time. Have you seen it?


“Not yet, no sparks identified.”


Think about it. If Cupid were to shoot his arrow, It must be he sensed the seed of love, the desire. Cupid is not that one shooting around unreasonably. He knows in what condition the arrow works the best.


“First, Eric is damn straight. Second, are you mocking me?”

I’m not! God damn it! I’m just saying MY observation.


“Shall we continue watching?”

 


 

 


If only he didn’t take Eric’s bet, he wouldn’t be like that, back home drunken. Eric said if he could endure only a single bottle of soju, he will let him cancel the new rule. The elder knew what his purpose, to keep in contact with that annoying girl. Couldn’t he just call her by phone?


Knowing Hyesung’s weakness, zero tolerance to alcohol, he throw the bait. Hyesung thought it was unfair so he took the challenge. Then the picture hanging upside down. Eric was the one walked him to his door.


Eric laid him on his bed, took off his shoes and undone his belt. Like Hyesung always treat the drunken him.


“Cupcake, you win if you remember this thing I will say to you the next morning you wake up.” Eric was so sure he won’t make it.


“Spill it..” hiccupped “out” hiccupped “Err…ic.” He half conscious undone his upper buttons for alcohol had burned his body.


So Eric bent down on his knee, he was to whisper to Hyesung’s ear when he realize that the other had fallen asleep. Then something distract him. His sight accidentally slipped to the other male’s neck down to his collar bone and the rest visible skin of his body.


He never saw Hyesung before. He meant, the shy Hyesung, he didn’t even dare to change infront at him. The guy wearing shirt in pool. But now he had chance to see what was hidden behind his clothes.


He scrutinized further. He got his fingers landed on the others face, feeling how soft his chubby cheek. To his nose down to his lips.


All in Eric’s head were ; how could he has a girl’s feature? why his body is so slender? He don’t even have muscle? Why his skin is so soft? Why his lips is so tempting? Hyesung pursed for seconds and then back to deep slumber.


Tempting?

 


 

 


That’s the spark we’ve searched for! Eric was once had desire for him!


“That’s Cupid I can see him. He was picking out the arrow!


He’s gonna shoot!


“DAMN! Ahhh!! Noooo…!!”


Eric you real bastard!


It happened Eric managed to kill the feeling before Cupid’s arrow got through his heart. How could he do that? He’s really impossible! It was so close! Damn close! If only the arrow got the spark it will grow it to flame. And Eric would have fall in love with Hyesung. In the name of Aphrodite, I swear I never saw a man who possess heart like a stone. Even Hitler loved someone!


“Okay calm the down. I"ll find a way.”


And what makes you can do the job Cupid can’t?


“I’m trickier, I guess.” Mupid shrugs.