Page 5 - The Past (Part II)

Lesson to Kiss

The Past (Part II)

 

As the time goes by, both finish their university and Halmoni had specially request him to help Eric in the company. Hyesung had taken literature so it will be big help in publishing company. She knew her only over-spoiled grandson will need others hand. As theres a saying two head is better than one. Moreover, she loves the boy.


“Cupcake, I hate you calling me like that.” He hate whenever Hyesung call him Sir or Eric-ssi or some formal s. Eric hissed under his breath, head to desk. Its only their first week and everything in the office made him bored to death. But Hyesung seemed to enjoy it. He gave full attention to any task given.


“But .. but we’re working right now. At least please behave formal to each other in office hour.”


If he didn’t do that, Eric would keep acting as they were in playing ground. Hyesung create this situation just so Eric understand that he is a man with responsibility now. Halmoni had told Hyesung beforehand. She’s getting old and she need someone to assist him. To keep him in line.


“Ayey captain.” Turning his head to other way.


“Its for your own good, Eric. I’m going to meeting room now. Halmoni is waiting. Please join us if your mood is getting better.” Hyesung, as wise as always he is.


Their office was pretty small that time and they only have few co-workers. With that Hyesung went to meeting room, sorting articles for their next months edition with Halmoni and other. Everything would be settled down, at least that what he thought before Eric barked in.


“C U P C A K E..! I’m boooored!” literally killing the hell out of Hyesung.


Eric is just being Eric. He will slip, anytime he has chance.That was what regularly happened during their first weeks. But slowly Eric changed.
Well, at least not because he grew self conscious but more to Hyesung’s sweet promises.

“Eric, today we have important meeting with Americans magazine. Prepare yourself and be-ha-ve.” Hyesung while picking clothes from Eric’s wardrobe. He often do sorts, preparing Eric for special occasion.


The fresh from bath Eric, still in only towel, casually hooked his arm to the others shoulder, leaning his weigh to the poor guy.


“And … what will I get after?” voice incredibly sweet.


“Wh..what?” had Hyesung heart disease, he’d die by heart attack at the time. He could feel cold water from Erics hair dripping to his own ear. They were too close. Damn close. “What do you want?” voice dropped an octave but Hyesung managed to keep alive. Eyes not even daring to stolea glance to the other behind.


“Umm… I’m thinking…” yes Eric did it on purpose. He love to pull Hyesung’s string. He always thought that Hyesung hate to be touched, some kind of sensitive human. Meanwhile, the other couldn’t stand the situation any longer. So he made quick escape.


“Cheese cake?”


“Deal.” As expected, he released Hyesung in no time and got his prepared clothes on.


Eric never know, Hyesung got out his room sprinting.


***


Second year of their career in the company, Halmoni decided to retire and passed the throne to Eric. Being aware of his grandson’s quality, she called Hyesung –the one she trust- regularly to monitor his grandson’s progress.


The third year, Halmoni literally kick Eric out of the house to make him stand on his feet. Not forgot to send Hyesung with him. But Eric’s attitude was a bit derailed from Halmoni’s expectation. Yes he could lead the company to succeed. But Eric started going out with different girls, changing every week, or if the girl was lucky, a month.
Halmoni was quite disappointed but she choose to not interfere Eric’s personal life. He’s free to do anything as a grown up man. But still, she call him sometimes. Make sure the spoiled grandson was not getting his too far.


What about Hyesung?


Since he was forced to live under Eric’s unit, he is the one who have to take care of Eric whenever he back home drunken. The one who clean his mess. Pick him up at certain nightclubs. Sometimes pay the girl accompanied Eric since the said man was dropped dead.


“Yoboseyo, Halmoni?”


“Hyesungie,” the old lady on the other line “did he bother you again?” she was calling Erics number but instead her grandson, she heard others voice.


“Ani, he unintentionally droped his phone.” He faked a smile even Halmoni couldn’t see him.


“…”


“I’ll tell him to call you when he’s back.”


“…Hyesungie,” the old lady finally released a long breath she unconscious had hold “take care of him, will you.”


“Sure Halmoni, sure.” And the line disconnected.


Averting his eyes to the buildings entrance and Eric's unawaken body laying on the car’s back seat. “I can do this.” With all might, he dragged the man’s body up to his unit.

Just like another human being he is, Hyesung also had his limitation. When everything was out of control and gave such burden to his weak heart. There was hard decision he had to take.


“Eric-ssi…” he inhaled “I.. I want to quit.” head hung low.


“…”


“I.. I…have done so many mistakes and I can’t keep my promise to Halmoni…” to keep Eric in line.


“…”


“Please don’t mad at me…”


“You know what? I wanna quit this job to.”


“Wh.. what? No! You can’t…” rather than hearing his plea, Eric was giving more intention to his phone.


“Yoboseyo, travel agent? Yes, I want to book trip to Jeju and Hokkaido for two.”


“Eric-ssi?” Hyesung dumbfounded, he couldn’t figure out what Eric was doing.


“A week. Yes, that would be great. Ok, thank you.”


“What are you doing?”


“I’m quitting this to. Come on!” pulling his arm out the building. And when everything came to his sense.


“Eri…c! Stoopp!! Yoouuuu caaan nooot....” but too late, Eric had drag him along the way.

 

 

Being a grown up man doesn’t mean your mind age together with your body. In this case Hyesung couldn’t believe how annoying and childish Eric could be.


“Cupcake, where’s that thing you promise me?” Eric, standing on Hyesung’s door, had taken shower and face was so eager.


“Eric? Why do you come? Its Sunday.” Said the man who got up from his dream a minute ago.


“I’m demanding fulfillment of my neighbor’s promise, not my assistance.”


“Fine. Come in.” and the mannerless neighbor sat down the couch, turning on the tv and shift channels as he wish.


“Hoamm… You sure want to eat pudding in early morning?”


“Yeah~ And I can’t wait~ ” in the most playful tone. As he got boring he the video game and play himself.


“Here your pudding.”


“Cupcaaake! I’m playing video games. My hands are both occupied. You see?” raising his hands which was holding the stick.


“…” No he didn’t see the connection of pudding, stick and hands.


“Feed me!! Aaa…” agaping his mouth, adding distinct sign to oral order.


No one knows that Hyesung was secretly wishing an earthquake right here right now.

 

 

 


 

Again and again,, thank you for votes and subs!! and thk u for dropping by~~

So how's the story? Do you like it? ^^