Page 4 - The Past (Part I)

Lesson to Kiss

The Past (Part I)

Hyesung is the only son of a poor family. His father passed away when he was just 5, made her mother walk the extra burdance for both of them. She worked hard for Hyesung, doing any job possible. She made cupcake and tailor. Hyesung helped his mother to. Every morning he sent the cupcakes her mother made to some reseller shop and some of them he bring to school and sell them to his friends. Those ways, keep them survive.

Time was not running that smooth for them. Theres always peoples who insult their poverty, their badluck, adding salt to open wound. But Hyesung’s mother always taught her son to be patient, honest and wise. Those three he upholds unquestionably.


The lady who bring him to the world finally passed away when he was 14, leaving him alone in the unblessing world. A good ahjumma took him to her orphanage and take care of him till he was 17 and he moved to university’s dorm.


He still make cupcake –the only thing he’s expert at that time- and sell them in his every available time to support his financial. Be it in the park, the streets, home to home, name the place and Hyesung had been there.


Until that one morning, Hyesung met his truly one bad luck.


“Who the give you permission to sell your s here?! Get off my place!” the half drunken man blew. His friends of five or six continue with laughing. The situation was not even funny.


“I’m sorry, I’ll go.” Hyesung decided to just back away, collecting his cupcakes to a box. But the other man was thinking other way. He grabbed the box and pushed Hyesung to fall.


“Who said you can bring these s to?” and they laughed again. No one knows what are they laughing at? Is it so funny to see some one else in pain?


“Sorry,” Hyesung tried to defence himself “but those are mine. You can buy if you want.” In process to get back on his feet, a punch landed on his cheek.


“You son of a ! Dare to pull my string?!” the drunken man again yelled “oh, or you’re daughter of a ? Look at that y face you have. Is your mother truly a ?” and continue the dirty laughter.


Being well educated by his mother, he grown to well mannered man. But hearing some one insulted her mother like that, he just can’t stay still. Hyesung stood up and punch the man really hard. He’s not a superhero he thought, but at least that bastard must feel pain for his deed.


Taking the opportunity, he swoop the box fallen and run with all his might. The group was not easy to escape from. They ran after him even to the tiniest path.
He was almost to surrender when he saw a wooden old house at the end of the road with the gate slightly opened. Maybe he can hide there for the sake of his life.

Not wasting time, he went in and ducked himself behind flower plants, settled down his breathing so the group won’t hear anything suspicious. Just like what he guessed, the group stop by the house, wondering where had he gone. He could hear their talking, one suggested to just break in. This is it, the end of his life. He never thought that he will die in such way, as he sense footsteps approaching.


“Hey, who are you?” frightened out, he fallen back just to found its none one of the group. He’s just a boy looked same age as him, dark short –tousled-haired. Wearing only boxer and eyes half lidded. He must be the son of the owner.


“I… I’m Hyesung..” stuttered, he didn’t know how to explain why he ended breaking in someone elses house.


“Is that your friends speaking so loud bothering my sleep?” face unchanged. So he was sleeping back then?


“No, they’re not my friends. They’re after me, they want to kill me!” not on the earth those bastards would be his friends. And not in hell to.


“Why they want to kill you?”


“I swear I did nothing. It happened I sell in their area and that made them angry. I planned to leave the place but…” voice lowerred “they said something…and that made me angry…and I hit one of them…”


“What did they say?” the boy keep asking. One of the group could break in anytime.


“Look, I don’t ask you to trust me. But can you let me hide in your house for a while at least till they go away?” hoping the other boy would grant his pleading.


“…” but his eyes weren’t even quivering, sharp still demanding his question to be properly answered.


“Fine.” He bent down hiding his face which was on the verge of crying. “They insulted my mother.” How he wish that his mother was still alive right now.


“Don’t worry, I’ll kick their for you.” The boy unexpectedly said.


“Wait? You what?” Hyesung could barely register what the boy said but too late, he had walked down to the gate “hey wait!” the boy didn’t know what he was going to face, Hyesung thought.


He ran after him, only to find the boy was truly meant his words. He launched kicks and punchs to each face of the group without they have any chance to fight back. Geez, the boy was truly a fighter. Didn’t he just wake up minutes ago? And now he fight them alone with full force? Is he some kinda Hulk? Hyesung just keep guessing with mouth slightly opened.


“…and don’t you dare to touch him again! Ara?!” with the last sentence the group flied away with their remaining energy and broken pride. The boy turn his heel, went in and closed the gate like nothing had happened.


“Come in, we’ll fix that bruises.” Eyes perfectly opened now. “Think I had enough exercise today.” Light tugging on his right arm, leading him to the house.


“Whats your name again?” as they sat down in the kitchen with first aid box on the bar.


“Hye… Hyesung… Shin Hyesung.” He still stuttered. Hard to believe his lucky.


“Umm… Shin…Hye….” Half whispering. He took few cotton and alcohol bottle out.


“…and you are…?”


“Just call me Eric.”


“Eric-ssi, thank you … for helping me.”


“Stay still, it will be hurt.” As he wipe Hyesung’s bruises on the cheek. But rather pain, he enjoy the warm fingertips over his skin, his heart skipped a beat.


“I.. I can do this myself.” He took the cotton from Erics hand and manage the bruises himself.


“Whats in the box?” he pointed to the white medium box Hyesung been carry since he first saw him.


“Its…cupcakes.” The other boy unsurely answer.


“Cupcake?” his eyes flew open. Hyesung just realized that he has perfect double eyelid perfectly framing his dark orbs, not like him who just have a half lids and small eyes.


“Yeah, I make cupcakes … and sell’em.” The boy seemed brighten up by the word cupcake. “Want to try?”


“Sure.” Without any hesitation. Little secret Hyesung didn’t know, Eric, in any age of his body, will have the same big amount of interest in sweets.


Eric, the real name is Mun Junghyuk, the only heir of Shinhwa Publicing Company which first built by his grandfather and once, run by his father. His mother dumped him and his father since he was child and run with other richer guy. His father was so frustrated and ended up in mental hospital. Couldn’t face the reality his beloved wife betrayed him. And the young Eric, he promised himself not to fall in love in anytime of his life.


Lucky, he still have grandmother who love him and take care of him while –in the mean time- also running the company left by his father. She patiently waited Eric to grow up and wise enough to take over the company. She had settled everything, sent Eric to business school, martial art class, English course and teach him how to survive in such cruel world. Eric grown up to tough guy who can deal with almost anything. But in particular condition, you will see his antics of mimicking 5 years old boy, its when his brain is getting dull.


“Eric-ah, who is that talking with you?” an old lady stepping down the stairs. Her hair were all grey ad bunned. Made sure her only grandson was not talking to wall.


“Halmoni, I haff new fhiend here.” Waving his hand to his granny happily. Mouth half loaded with cupcake.


“Eric, I told you to not invite any stranger…” fixing her glasses on the bridge of her nose and carefully look upon the other young boy sitting afore her grandson, scanning him carefully. Finding zero trace of vandalism on the pretty face, she continued “who are you, dear?”


“Annyeong, halmoni… my.. my name is Shin Hyesung.” He politely bowed. And then he rewind the story of his bad luck that day. And more further, his life’s bad luck. Sending the old lady teardrops.


Eric still munching his –now- one medium box of cupcakes. Kept mumbling “…diz iz zo zweet…”seemed didn’t affected by situation.

 

 

“Son, you may come here anytime you wish. This house is always open for you.” While sending Hyesung to the gate.


“Ya! Cupcake!” made Hyesung tripped by his own feet “I’ll come to your dorm tomorrow!“Spare extra cupcake for me!” Eric poped from nowhere and got his head whacked by Halmoni.


“His name is Hyesung, can’t you be more polite?” the old lady complained.


“Fine. Hyesungie, spare cupcake for me.” While rubbing the back of his head.


“Su.. sure.” And the pink tint on his cheek went more visible. He smiled as he thought that he got new family.


And from the day on, Hyesung visits the old lady whenever he has free time. Kind lady she is, giving a little space on her heart for orphan Hyesung.


With Eric, he will be forever awkward. Not that he don’t like the others present. Its just Hyesung turn unbelievably clumsy whenever he’s around. Don’t know what to blame, his gawkynerves or Eric’s constant pestering.

 


 

The first time in century I can write this fast. I cant believe it myself but last night ... wait, I think I saw Mupid pouring some powder over me ._.

Never failed to warn you that English is not my first lang, sorry for any mistaken words and grammars ^^"

Thank you for Votes and subs...and for so many supporting comments.. I love you guys! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter <3