Page 3 - Stealing Memories

Lesson to Kiss

As soon as we reach our apartment, he lock the door and run to the bedroom. I don’t know what his aim but he grab the silver thread hanging by his arm.


“Filliasolvadum”


So what he said to ‘take a break’ is literally taking a break with me.The silver thread connecting us is gone now. I jump down from his shoulder. You don’t know how happy I am to be disconnected with him.


How can you do that? I thought only Zeus has that power?


“There’s a saying dude, every game has its cheat.” He sit down his newly occupied bed, feeling how comfortable it is. Does he ever have a bed before? Tsk. Humanly god.


Why don’t you do that since beginning? So I wasn’t tortured following you everywhere.


He rolling around approaching me who sitting at the corner of the bed.


“Don’t be so mad Ai, till sunrise we’ll connected again.” He pet my head like I’m a cat. And I don’t like that! I’m a writer not a cat!
What do you mean? Its not for eternity?


“Of course NO you small headed, I’m not Zeus I can’t surpass his power!”


Geez, I shouldn’t expect anything from him.


“Yah! I’m not that hopeless!” he squeezes me in between his hands. “Listen to me carefully, I have a plan. ” his eyes no more visible but I can feel his sharp piercing through me. Oh no, that smirk again.


Ugh, Ok. What plan M?


***


Connected.


We’re connecting our devices so he can see what I see and vice versa. After tracing our objects location we’re ready to move.


“Good, now I’ll do what I have to do and you... do yours.”


Right. You’re going to club, flirting with every girl and I just have to set my eyes on Hyesung. Thats fantastic. What a great teamwork.


“I’m not going to flirt.” He hisses “Just don’t question my ability, ok.”


Fine, whatever. This better works. I don’t want to stuck with you forever.


“Yeah, me to.”


Hyesung is in his apartment right now, my screen is now blinking his location. But there’s still one more problem.


M, can you give me wings? You won’t let my tiny feet walking 3 blocks away right?


“Oh, ok. Here you can use mine.” He pulls his wings and place them right on my back. “There, they will shrink in seconds. Don’t move. They’re reading your feature.”
And in seconds, the wings do shrink, fit into my size.


Thanks M.


“Don’t crush it. Its the brand new one. Even Cupid don’t have it.”


Tsk.


***


Here I am, flying to Hyesung’s building with the brand new wings M lend me. It feels so soft and easy to drive. Actually I can just flick my fingers and transporting -which I guess Mupid don’t know about that yet- but no, if he was going to catch some joy, me either. I want to enjoy the night on earth.


Stary night sky, flashing lights of buildings, friends hanging out at cafes, couples intertwining hands on the street, sharing warmth. I love this scenery. Make me wonder how is it feels to be human?


Its been a long time since my last mission on earth, with Cupid if I may add. We had shot so many arrows back then till Aphrodite got fade up with plain love story and screw the male/female rules. You may guess what happen next. The twins got license to shot the same gender. And whole things didn’t make my sense anymore. I needed to be upgraded by Zeus and Cupid got new writer. Ah, enough with my story.


I arrive on Hyesung’s building finally. Its written 4th floor in my data. So the 5th floor must be Eric’s. I fly higher to reach his unit, carefully open the window and sneak in. I take a look around and sniffing like a hungry feline.


I approach a wooden shelf, theres some books and photo album. I flip his album one by one. Oh, he’s so gorgeus when he was baby. So cute that i feel like to pinch his cheek. And who is this? His mother? Compared to his mother he looks even prettier its illegal.
And this photo in black frame? It was taken during college day. He still look like girl, especially with that ponytail style, standing at the backest line among other students.


Krakk.


Hyesung gets out from his room. Geez, he supposed to be asleep. Its almost midnight. Now how can I download his memory if he’s not sleep?


He walks straight to kitchen to make coffee then back to his papers on working desk and continue whatever he was doing. Its written monthly report, looks like Martians to me. Once a while he fix his glasses to the bridge of his nose, fingers doodling everything I dont understand.


Theres something different with his hair, wait, his bangs, he pin it up with hairpin! Oh dear goddess Venus just how many drop of feminism had you poured to fetus Hyesung? One drop is fine but three is illegal for men. Surely he was given more than three.


I flick out my sGDB, just want to check what my partner is doing on the other side. There he is as I guessed before, hang up with some girls in the bar. Spelling nothing but bull.


Yo M, I see you’re having great time there. Found Eric?


“Uhuh, see that guy over there?” He angled his GDB to a darker corner.


I can barely blink my eyes. There he is with four or five girls –scratch that- . Half drunken, drowning himself in pool of sinful pheromone for non-lasting euphoria. What is in his mind exactly?


“Wait, I have to deliver this drink for Eric.”


I’m averting my eyes to my sGBD and Hyesung. In instant I feel sad for him.


Why is it him you’ve fallen for? Why is your love so strong that we can’t match you with other better guy? Sometimes I got clueless by humans antic. Why hurting yourself for someone whose not worth it?


“Ai, are you listening?”


Huh? What?


“Download his memory now you idiot. I’ll bring this back in an hour.”


But he’s not sleep yet.


“I know! Just use the powder!” Thanks Zeus its from GDB or else my ears might be broken.


Ah, right!


I clap my hands twice and whisper. Sleeping Powder. And it appear on my palm. I fly closer to Hyesung, right above him and throw down the glittery purplish powder over him.


“Hoamm... “ he stretch up his arms “shall I drink more coffee? Ah, I’ll take quick rest. Ten minutes will be good” He fold his arm on the desk and lay his head down. Good boy. Sleep well and have a not so good dream.


As he close his eyes, I fly closer and land on the desk. I throw a silver disc, lingering over his head.


Start download.


And rays of memory starts coming out. White flashes are good memories and blue flashes are bad memories. After a lot of blue rays theres finally white rays. What you have deep inside, dear Hyesung?


M, we have not so much time.


“Ok, I’m on my way there! Aish this brat is so heavy. But his car is fantastic, and limited edition one. Arghh! I looove humans stuff! Woohoo!”
Unconsciously touch my temple. Do you know him? I don’t.


***


Why do we need their memory, again? Ain’t the data enough?


“No. Data is just data. Human feeling is different. I need to know their deepest soul. What they hide inside.”


Mupid set himself comfortably on the fluffy couch.


Why don’t we just shoot that brat and go back home?


“Won’t work. Cupid had shot Eric once but didn’t affect him. Why? Cuz he has no feeling. Or his heart choose to fight the feeling. Love’s arrow need, at least, the tiniest feeling of love. A single heartbeat is enough.”


He watch the discs carefully. One is from Hyesung and other is from Eric which he managed to record while taking Eric home.
“Ready to take a peek?”


Uhuh.


The discs starts spinning and floating in the air while emitting lights and images. I change my glasses and flick out some popcorn. This better be interesting.


Kraukk. Want some?

 


 

...since English is not my 1st lang so,,, really sorry for the grammar and words. I've tried to write better but my brain seems betrayed me ^^"

and thank you for reading again! Thanks for the subs n votes!! jeongmal kamsahamnida chingu ya~~

I hope you enjoy this story and bear with my snail writing m(_ _)m

Ah, comments are always loved chingu ya~ ;)