Guest

Leisure Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited for the text that never came as my eyelids felt heavier by the second. I started to fall into a slumber when suddenly my phone broke out into an alarm.

I waited for it to shut up for I thought it was happening in my dream. After a few seconds, it was still ringing and I jumped up, causing a pain in the head at the sudden movement.

I felt for the phone blindly as I tried to soothe the pain by rubbing my temple.

I fluttered my eyes open with the phone in my hand and saw the familiar name. I slid a finger on the screen to answer the call.

“You texted me,” the voice said proudly.

“Are you calling me for that? I was just starting to sleep,” I asked, the pain still throbbing in my head.

“What I’m saying is a miracle just happened,” the husky voice stated.

“Oh? Congratulations then. What is the miracle?” I queried, my head started to ease.

“You-“ my ear cut him off at the sound of the doorbell.

“Wait, I have to answer the door,” I said as I stood up and started to walk the short distance from my room to the doorway. “It’s freaking 9PM,” I glanced at my wrist watch. “Who could this annoying pers-“  I froze when I saw the monitor, a man with a phone to his ear and foolish smile on his face stood on the other side of the door.

“You were saying…?” the man asked and I watched as his foolish smile turned into a grin. I pressed the unlock button and the lock system made a sound, announcing that the lock was unbolted and that the person on the other side was free to enter.

“You were saying…?” I mimicked him. I kept the phone to my ear as I waited for him to enter. He pushed the door open and soon, he was in view. He seemed to have grown taller as I watched him slip his feet off of his shoes.

“What?” he looked at me blankly and I put the phone down.

“You were saying something before you pressed the doorbell,” I stated matter-of-factly. “Are you not going to tell me because I’d be totally cool with what I heard,” I teased.

“You needed something?” he asked instead, his face and his tone all serious. His eyes behind his fake glasses were patient.

I swallowed and said, “How do you know that?” he walked in completely and his eyes travelled around the house, taking everything in. I suddenly felt embarrassed at the fact that the house wasn’t completely tidied up. There were still unopened boxes that sat on the living room floor and I didn’t know when I would bother with them. The thought never came.

“You only ever contact me when you need something,” his hand reached up to his head and lightly scratched his scalp. I couldn’t make out his expression for he stood with his back against me but if I would decipher everything from his voice, I would say he was mad. And a mad Mino was someone I didn’t want to talk to.

I remembered one instance when I endlessly and I had no idea that he wasn’t findi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter